Best Atomizer For 510?

Aelle

So I'm fairly new to vaping, and I'm only recently coming off of the life of my first two atomizers (one is definitely dead, the other is still hanging in there). I like the joye 510 atomizers but there's a metallic taste (which I've read is a common problem) which I can't for the life of me get rid of. I've boiled it, let it drain overnight, washed it out with alcohol, blown it out, even flooded it trying to get that taste out and it just won't go away.

I bought an SLB from Vapor Kings, but I don't get any flavor out of it at all!

So is there a store that sells joye 510s without the metallic taste, or a worthy clone? I kind of feel like my nice flavored juices are going to waste.

Hello Aelle, Try ordering a genuine joye 510 from the Vapor Talk store and you should have no problem. Usually if you are getting a mettalic taste, that means you don't have enough juice on the atomizer. Try that first and if that doesn't work--get a genuine joye product. Good luck and happy vaping!!!

Shouldn't be a metallic taste at least at first. I get my gold band attys from Totally Wicked. There are 7.5% discounts floating around. They are a tad expensive, but if you by 5, they're $40. But, if you buy five, they won't warranty them. I believe you can get the gold bands from dietsmokes as well. Search gold band and you'll find a discussion on the gold band attys.

So I'm fairly new to vaping, and I'm only recently coming off of the life of my first two atomizers (one is definitely dead, the other is still hanging in there). I like the joye 510 atomizers but there's a metallic taste (which I've read is a common problem) which I can't for the life of me get rid of. I've boiled it, let it drain overnight, washed it out with alcohol, blown it out, even flooded it trying to get that taste out and it just won't go away.

I bought an SLB from Vapor Kings, but I don't get any flavor out of it at all!

So is there a store that sells joye 510s without the metallic taste, or a worthy clone? I kind of feel like my nice flavored juices are going to waste.

Hi Aelle, from my experience I get that metallic taste if the atty doesn't have enough juice. Are you using a cart or direct dripping?

Hi Aelle, from my experience I get that metallic taste if the atty doesn't have enough juice. Are you using a cart or direct dripping?

I've tried both with no success. The only thing that even managed to make it bearable is that I switched to a really intense cinnamon flavored juice...which overpowered the metallic taste a bit, but there's still a distinctly metallic aftertaste =(

I've tried both with no success. The only thing that even managed to make it bearable is that I switched to a really intense cinnamon flavored juice...which overpowered the metallic taste a bit, but there's still a distinctly metallic aftertaste =(

Please stop describing it, I hate that taste!! ;-)

So if you're down to your last atty, my point was you better be getting more. Don't get me going on backups, I think I have about 30+ attys, some on loan/given away but a bunch on hand. I wait for the sales and buy them up. I would also suggest cleaning the atty as I have heard people have had success bringing them back that way. But if its your last atty, not sure you want to do that until you get some more.

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/gallery/image/298-ftjoe-collectionsmalljpg/

I would definitely suggest you pick yourself up a genuine Joye 510 kit. If that isn't in your budget then Electro Nic Stix and Dietsmokes both sell genuine Joye 510 atomizers.

Electro Nic Stix is where I got it in the first place...XD

• 1 year later...

i have been thinking about this post for a few days now, i just want to add something that may or may not be the case, not sure how long you have been without an analog but as im now 4 weeks without one i have been getting the usual side effects that come from quitting smoking, bleeding gums and a slight metallic taste in my mouth, this is actually common with quitting analogs... im just tossing that out there in case that might be part of the problem??? have you noticed any bleeding when you brush your teeth lately?