Coming To My Forum Peeps For A Little Help.

DAYVAPE

Thank you all so much for the thoughtfullness!! I knew I could get it here!

By the way... we had already been told that he had lymphoma.. just weren't sure what type till the biopsy results came in.

WELL.... they came in and he has NO CANCER. He has Histoplasmosis.... a "fungal infection" of the body. He's got Rheumatoid Arthritis really bad and that means no immune system, basically. His body wasn't able to kick this fungal infection and now he will need hardcore treatment. BUT, there is no cancer... and I thank you all for the quick prayers!

THANKS AGAIN!

Thank you so much... it means more than you realize. We still need these positive prayers, etc.

He's still not out of the woods yet.

So glad to hear it's not cancer afterall. Will definitly keep praying until he's out of the woods.

We just found out the my dad has Lymphoma. They took a large node out from under his arm and are determining which type it is so they know how to treat it. We need some thoughts and prayers if anyone is willing! Thanks guys and gals. PEACE.

Hey Day - that sux. Do me a favor and let me know PM wise what the deal is. My wife deals with all this kind of stuff professionally (not a doctor but deals with oncology drugs/docs) so maybe we can get you some decent info/resources once you know, no promises but I owe everyone here something.

My thoughts are with you. I will warn her an anonymous person may be looking for info (she's not very good about that) but lets see what we see.

Ok Dayvape your gonna think I'm a kook but here goes.A lot of people believe that focusing your thoughts on another person will truly help that person.I don't mean the power of prayer(although I fully believe in that as well).If you could post a pic of your Dad that would really help me at least to really focus my thoughts on him. SEE I knew you'd think I was a kook lol !!!! Tell your Dad I hope he feels better soon,and you too by the way.I know how awful it feels when someone you love is so sick. Suzy

Thank you all so much for the thoughtfullness!! I knew I could get it here!

By the way... we had already been told that he had lymphoma.. just weren't sure what type till the biopsy results came in.

WELL.... they came in and he has NO CANCER. He has Histoplasmosis.... a "fungal infection" of the body. He's got Rheumatoid Arthritis really bad and that means no immune system, basically. His body wasn't able to kick this fungal infection and now he will need hardcore treatment. BUT, there is no cancer... and I thank you all for the quick prayers!

THANKS AGAIN!

Praying works!!!

So he's a couple of days into his antifungal treatment... so far, so good.

I mean, at least he's not gotten any worse yet. I know I need to not get my hopes up quite so soon too though, as he just started the meds. But all we have been doing around town is praying that we would AT LEAST get some answers so we could start treating whatever it was. It's really been an eyeopening thing for my dad / family... you never realize just how many people honestly care about you until something like this takes place. I have had sooo many people coming in to my office daily to "check in" on him... and it's not necessarily people that we would have ever expected to really care either!

Just remember my friends... don't take little things for granted, and be happy for every day we have to spend with our friends and families... because that's all that really matters in the end.

PEACE.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Just remember my friends... don't take little things for granted, and be happy for every day we have to spend with our friends and families... because that's all that really matters in the end.

Excellent reminder DAYVAPE!!! We will continue to pray for your dad.

Amen. Continued prayer are with you and yours.