Coming To My Forum Peeps For A Little Help.

DAYVAPE

Prayers and wishes going out for your family, Dayvape.

Thanks Michelle! I just spoke with him on the phone and he's in good spirits. His main problem is this "fungus" was so far along before the caught it, that the lymphnodes in his throat are so enlarged, he's having trouble eating and drinking. And when he tries to eat something it keeps hitting that "gag spot" and he starts dry heaving. Hopefully it will improve over time.....

You Got it Dayvape. My prayers are with you. Have faith in God.

I appreciate the continued concern/prayers... we still need all we can get! He's in the hospital again... for the 4th time in the last couple of months now. He has NOT been able to keep any food or water down at all... so he had to go in and have a tube/port put in his stomach so we can get him the nutrition he badly needs directly. Without it he had lost 35 pounds and was going downhill because of the lack of nutrition he was getting. This Histoplasmosis requires you to be strong to be able to fight it off. The feeding tube has only been in for 2 days now and I can already see a big difference in him! Please...keep praying for him... even though we are complete strangers. I truely believe the power of prayer and it's capabilities!! Thanks again my friends.

I cannot say how much I feel for you. My prayers are definatly with you and your family.

Thanks Mark... It truely does mean alot coming from you all. I feel as if I've known you guys forever and that I could trust you with anything. That's a good feeling to have on a forum of all places. Thanks again.

Hello DAYVAPE, I'm new to this forum and hadn't been allowed to offer my blessings yet so I had posted this in the noob forum, but now I can post here YAY! So I just decided to paste it here.

See what I mean! Looks like a great bunch of people here, Thank you all for the friendly welcome. My only regret is that I couldn't yet post on a topic for Dayvape, who's father is ill, if I could I would tell him to hang in there and may God bless him and his family, see we've been there, my husband lost his father last April after succumbing to his 4th type of cancer, then I lost my mom right before Thanksgiving after a battle with bladder cancer which she supposedly beat, and an unknown (dad didn't want autopsy, said she'd been thru enough) squamous cell cancer in her abdomen that went undetected until weeks before her death, this all went down after months and months of traveling and staying in Minn. at the Mayo clinic Thank God we were able to bring her home and care for her as she prepared for her final journey. They are both gone now but not lost as we know exactly where they are, they were both smokers, wish I had known of the ecig a few years ago, who knows? I am so thrilled especially after all we've been thru, to be an ex smoker along with my husband who I thought would never quit, anyway sorry I got off what I was saying about Dayvape, it just brought alot of stuff back to my mind. I would also repeat what another said which was to not take for granted and to appreciate EVERY single day we have, with those we love. Also find the beauty and miracles in the small things you may overlook, they are there, one only has to keep their eyes open and enjoy. Thank you again to everyone, what a nice place to be.

I will add again that I send blessings to you and your family through these tough times, keep your chin up, your faith strong (I would have never got through it all without it) and remember there is always someone out there who is worse off. God bless and take care.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this up again... but its been a real struggle so far. And I dont think we are even close yet. I just hate seeing my dad only able to sit at home and be fed thru a tube in his stomach... it just kills me. Ever since I can remember he's been super active... he and my mom are both about 64 and look and act like 40's. I mean they would put 15k miles a year on their Harley like it was nothing.... run a construction company at the same time, and still be the best parents ever! And now this?? He may never be able to do the things he loves again. He's worked his *** off all his life getting the things he's got... I just pray he can retire and enjoy life. He is starting to worry us mentally now because of not seeing improvent for 3 months. But all we can do is keep telling him to fight it... cuz hes one tough sonofabitch.... Ive seen him do alot in his life the shocked me. So.... keep praying that he doesn't give up on this battle. And thank you so much for caring about a man my age (35 and total stranger) that feels like hes losing his best friend and dad.

Edited by DAYVAPE

You most definitely have my prayers !!! Sounds like you have the same relationship with your parents, that I have with mine. Both mine are also in their 60's. During the last 2 years My father has been battling lung disease and finally had a lung transplant last year. after 2 years of battling and not being sure if we would be able to keep him with us--he is finally returning to normal (for him anyway).

Keep fighting and keep loving him. try to keep him involved with the family, small distractions go a very long way--for the both of you.

Like you, I could never Imagine my life without both my parents (I'm 46--and still a mommy and daddy girl).

Lots and lots of prayers !!!!

keep us updated and if you just need to vent--we are always here.

And thank you so much for caring about a man my age (35 and total stranger) that feels like hes losing his best friend and dad.

We are only strangers according to a generic definition of the word. I am a 44 year old man in Milwaukee, I will probably never meet you, or ever hear the sound of your voice, but I feel like I know you. I lost my sister in August. My heart is heavy, feeling the pain that you and your family are going through, and my prayers are with you, your father, and everyone else in "our" family.

What sux is I go to work in 2.5 hours... not that my mind is in the work mode anyway!

Prayers going up. But sometimes work mode is a good thing, actually makes you concentrate on something else. It's difficult when you feel so helpless, I know. You have to keep YOUR spirits up to help him keep HIS up. It's hard to be a cheerleader when ya just want to lay down and cry.

Music and reading have always been my escapes in such times, and when I come out of an hour of either one, I'm more able to cope with whatever is going on. Just a thought. I know how hard such long term problems can be.

He is starting to worry us mentally now because of not seeing improvent for 3 months. But all we can do is keep telling him to fight it... cuz hes one tough sonofabitch.... Ive seen him do alot in his life the shocked me.

But they've only really gotten the diagnosis recently, I know it was undiagnosed for months, but maybe its just a matter of the treatment taking longer. Have you gotten hooked up with any support groups? They really do help and as great as everyone here is, you need to talk to other folks going through or who have been through this.

I'm starting to think our entire family may need a support group before this is over.

Anyway, they go to the 'infectious disease' doctor today... they are going to switch him from the oral meds to the IV treatment. This may mean that he is admitted to a hospital because of how closely that will have to monitor his liver and kidneys, etc. It's basically the last line of defense with the Histoplasmosis. I will keep you all informed... you're all I've got besides my family that will lend an ear. Thanks again my friends.

Hi Dayvape! I am new to this forum, I just read all the posts here and wanted you to know I am praying for you, your dad and your family. My family went through a very similar situation years ago with my mom so I know what you are going through. (((hugs)))