The Low Down

vBear

Ok, I heard about this electronic cigarette from a co-worker. However, I have yet to see one other than photos on the web. I started doing some research and found this forum, after viewing some youtube videos. I have been reading these forums for a few hours and have noticed that are a lot of good folks here willing to spend there time answering questions about this whole e-cig craze that seems to be getting started. I have to wonder why? Are you guys and gals selling this stuff? If you are just hanging around here answering questions and not making a profit off of selling this stuff then people are really jazzed about this whole concept.

I have very intrigued and seriously considering getting into this. But first I have a few questions of my own. I am just going to lay them out there.

General Questions:

How long have electronic cigarettes been around?

How safe is the vapor? (How easy is it to overdose on nicotine?)

Why does Firefox think vapor is not spelled correctly?! (well that one is a little off topic :/)

How long have you been vaping?

Did you start vaping to quit smoking, or for just a "safer" switch?

Did it work?

How long did it take you to quit?

Can you give a good reason too start using an electronic cigarette other than health reasons?

Choice and Price:

In your experience, have you actually saved money by switching?

Compared to cartons of cigarettes, what was your start-up cost?

What is the difference between a 510 and a pen-style? (Man I hope that's not the same thing)

Is there a comparison chart for all the brands and/or models?

Usage:

On average, how long does a bottle of juice last you?

On average, how long does a battery last before you have to buy a new one?

On average, how long does a vaporizer last before you have to buy a new one?

Compared to smoking a normal cigarette, do you have to reload (rejuice) your e-cig? If so, how many times?

Compared to smoking a normal cigarette, is smoking an e-cig as satisfying?

Once the juice is loaded into the cartridges how long does it take to evaporate before it's unusable?

I smoke Pall Mall light 100's and smoke about a pack and a half a day. I smoke 4 or 5 before work, and one on the way to work in the car. I smoke one (sometimes 2) between morning and lunch, 2 or 3 on an hour lunch break, and 1 (sometimes 2) before I get off work. One on the way home, and about 10 to 15 in the afternoon. (Wow! I never wrote it all out like that before! I seriously smoke way too much!) I need something that I can take to work and not have to worry about fiddling with during the day. And I need a battery that will last all day. What would be the best "package" to start out with in a situation like this?

I hope at least one person is willing to spend the time to answer these questions. I feel like it's a lot to ask, but there does not seem to be any one place to get all of these questions answered. If you respond, thank you very much!

First vbear I just want to say welcome to Vapor Talk. Secondly it will take me some time to answer all your questions, but I promise I will later ( Im too lazy right now :D ). I know others here will also. And no I am not a supplier, I am only a vaper that loves to vape.

Welcome vBear! That is a mighty list of questions. None of us make money off this site, we are all members just interested in vaping. This just happens to be a forum with a store, not a store with a forum. We have several other suppliers that post here. We support all of them. As Jeff stated, your list will take time to answer and it is a bit late, but we will get to them.

Nice to meet you. I am very glad you found the VT forum.

Hi,

That is a lot of great questions. Try reading up on this site it might shorten the list a little.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette This will shed some light on your questions about E-Cigarettes.

General Questions:

How long have electronic cigarettes been around? They've been gaining popularity over the last few years, not sure when they actually hit the market.

How safe is the vapor? (How easy is it to overdose on nicotine?) Vapor is pretty safe, using an e-juice 24mg strength or less makes it fairly difficult to really over do it and make yourself sick. That's not to say you couldn't do it, but you'd have to really be chain vaping and then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Why does Firefox think vapor is not spelled correctly?! (well that one is a little off topic :/) My Firefox is cool with it

How long have you been vaping? Been analog free for over 70 days now, but I had tried the e-cig before that, I just didn't by any spare atomizers, when my only one burned out I went back to analogs for a little bit, now I'm back on track, and I have plenty of spare atomizers at all times.

Did you start vaping to quit smoking, or for just a "safer" switch? I started vaping because I did want to quit smoking, and it worked well. now that I have made the initial investment I'm not in a hurry to quit. It's much less expensive, less damaging to my health, and I enjoy it immensely.

Did it work? Hells yes.

How long did it take you to quit? Took me maybe 24 hours, but took my wife a couple weeks to totally quit. A buddy of mine just quit after 2 days with his first e-cig ever.

Can you give a good reason too start using an electronic cigarette other than health reasons? You'll save money, smell better, and you can use them indoors (most places).

Choice and Price:

In your experience, have you actually saved money by switching? Definitely, and the savings continue to get better after you make the initial investment.

Compared to cartons of cigarettes, what was your start-up cost? You can get a good 510 starter kit for around $50, plus some extra juice, you're lookin' at about $80-$100

What is the difference between a 510 and a pen-style? (Man I hope that's not the same thing) They are just 2 different models of atomizers, 510 is more compact.

Is there a comparison chart for all the brands and/or models? ??? You'll find 510s and 801 penstyles are favorites here.

Usage:

On average, how long does a bottle of juice last you? When I'm at home using my 5V passthrough all day I can go through 3ml in a day. At 3.7V maybe 1.5ml-2ml

On average, how long does a battery last before you have to buy a new one? The manual batteries tend to hold up longer, but I'd recommend buying a mod unit that uses cheaper batteries.

On average, how long does a vaporizer last before you have to buy a new one? Most atomizers should last around 1 month, anything after that is a bonus in my mind. But with good care they can last much longer than 1 month.

Compared to smoking a normal cigarette, do you have to reload (rejuice) your e-cig? If so, how many times? When direct dripping I'd say it's pretty close to about 1/2-1 cig every time I add 3 drops, with a cartridge you get more time between fills.

Compared to smoking a normal cigarette, is smoking an e-cig as satisfying? For me it's more satisfying in many ways, but there is an adjustment phase.

Once the juice is loaded into the cartridges how long does it take to evaporate before it's unusable? Left open to the air I wouldn't leave it more than 24 hrs, but I really don't know, i prefer to direct drip myself and fill cartridges (if I'm using one) right before I use it.

Those are just my opinions and experiences, so keep asking around and you'll find all the answers you need. Welcome to the forum.

Ok, I heard about this electronic cigarette from a co-worker. However, I have yet to see one other than photos on the web. I started doing some research and found this forum, after viewing some youtube videos. I have been reading these forums for a few hours and have noticed that are a lot of good folks here willing to spend there time answering questions about this whole e-cig craze that seems to be getting started. I have to wonder why? Are you guys and gals selling this stuff? If you are just hanging around here answering questions and not making a profit off of selling this stuff then people are really jazzed about this whole concept.

I have very intrigued and seriously considering getting into this. But first I have a few questions of my own. I am just going to lay them out there.

Welcome!

We are not in it for the money. We are jazzed about it in the way Trekkies are jazzed about Star Trek. It is like we turned our addiction to cigarettes into a hobby that we are passionate about. Do you know anyone that collects cigarettes? Well, many of us collect e-cigs. I personally want to own all the mods because I'm looking for the holy grail mod that does it all. I've only been a vaper since November and I already have a tackle box full of e-cig equipment. There are some people on here that are suppliers but they are not just in it for the money. It is like they found a job they are passionate about. When you get to know our suppliers you'll see that they aren't greedy salesmen. I got ripped off by a greedy salesmen at the mall that is a distributor for Smoking Everywhere. I paid more than double for that e-cig than buying a 510 which is a superior model. He lied about the cartridges lasting as long as a pack of cigarettes and added like ten discount codes to make me think I was saving money. Don't ever buy an e-cig from someone at a mall. It is usually someone taking advantage of this great invention. The suppliers here are the complete opposite. You'll see!

@ GDub. Great job answering those questions! I voted you're post up! :thumbsup:

Edited by Schizophretard

Welcome vBear! I found this forum while researching ecigs also. I had never posted in a forum before, had never been a member of any forum. Less than two months later I'm nearing 900 posts and have been smoke from for almost 50 days. This is a great forum with very helpful, supportive and friendly folk. I found that there was a genuine desire to help and that everyone was so enthused about ecigs and the experience they've had with them.

Since Gdub has answered you're questions (another +1 from me Gdub) I'll just share my experience. I smoked 1 to 1 1/2 packs of Marlboro lights per day for 20 years. I had tried to quit several time but eventually gave up trying. I had tried the gum, the patch, hypnosis and that pill that came out in the 90's. Nothing worked. I gave up trying to quit, and just the thought of quitting made me smoke even more. When I heard about ecigs I was pretty skeptical of course. However, I did my research and started with the Joye 510 kits. My kit arrived on a Tuesday and I started vaping. Tuesday - Friday I vaped in the evenings after work only. By Thursday I found that I was missing my vape while smoking analogs at work. Saturday morning I woke up and smoked my last analog. I vaped the rest of the day and haven't looked back.

Can you save money vaping vs. analogs? No doubt. I've spent almost $800 in less then two months, but I purchased 2 starter kits, the a Spade, then a VP2 and VP/PT. I have 18 atty's and about 30 bottles of juice. Except for juice, I've certainly got more than enough stuff to last a year or more. I was spending about $2500 a year on analogs. You can certainly get by with spending a lot less than I have.

Wow! Some really great honest answers GDub!

Thank you everyone for responding, and thank you for the great welcome!

It sounds like you guys are really enjoying your new found way of "smoking". I'm even more excited to give this a try now. I mean seriously; saves money, more healthy for me and the ones around me, no more inconvenient than smoking analogs. I guess I'm still looking for the "catch". I guess at this point the only thing left is to get my own and give it a go.

Welcome vBear! You have found a good place. You'll see. :)

The people posting here only care about helping new vapers find their way and getting their own learning curve reduced. We exchange a lot of experience which helps everyone to be more successful and happier in their new life. Several excellent and trustworthy suppliers frequent this forum. They are our friends, in that they also care about our success. Customer Service is generally unsurpassed anywhere compared to the suppliers at VT.

General Questions:

How long have electronic cigarettes been around?

Not sure exactly; 4-5 years? Gaining real traction in the last 2 or so years.

How safe is the vapor? (How easy is it to overdose on nicotine?)

Because there are no current scientific studies of the longterm effects of vaping, we say vaping is "far safer" than smoking analogs. The immediate health improvements that vapor realize is a good indication of that. Because I was a heavy smoker, the concept "overdose on nicotine" is a joke to me; I simply cannot imagine that. But I know that some people have in fact gotten too much nicotine for their comfort. My recommendation would be to start with a small amount of 18 or 24mg juice and adjust the strength based on your own experience.

Why does Firefox think vapor is not spelled correctly?! (well that one is a little off topic :/)

I had to teach my Mac how to spell our language. I'm still working on that occasionally. ;)

How long have you been vaping?

Since November 1st.

Did you start vaping to quit smoking, or for just a "safer" switch?

Honestly, curiosity. Like everyone else I'd tried everything to quit. When my first not-quite-sufficient products actually did relieve some of the problems with not smoking, I got more curious and eventually found this forum. It's been all good since then.

Did it work?

Yes.

How long did it take you to quit?

About a month before I stopped buying analogs altogether, but my analog use tapered to near zero within two weeks after getting my VP2.

Can you give a good reason too start using an electronic cigarette other than health reasons?

1) Money. After the initial cost it's far less expensive than smoking, regardless your local tax structure. 2) If you're a gadget freak, you will be in hog heaven. 3) Vaping tastes so much better than smoking it will blow your mind; soon, smoking will be actively unpleasant compared to vaping.

Choice and Price:

In your experience, have you actually saved money by switching?

Not yet; I've only just begun. That part is more of a long-term issue. Keep in mind that our lifestyle choice is under attack by negative people and it seems prudent to "stock up" many of the consumable supplies.

Compared to cartons of cigarettes, what was your start-up cost?

I tell people it'll cost about $200 to get fully set up initially. Others don't stock up the way I have and will spend far less. Expect a minimum of $100.

What is the difference between a 510 and a pen-style? (Man I hope that's not the same thing)

Others have nailed this one better; essentially, size. Because it's larger, a penstyle (801/302) may dissipate heat better.

Is there a comparison chart for all the brands and/or models?

Yes, but I can't seem to locate it on my drive. I'm afraid you might find it as confusing and overwhelming as I did. Better, maybe, to just ask questions here.

Usage:

On average, how long does a bottle of juice last you?

I use about 15-20 ml per week.

On average, how long does a battery last before you have to buy a new one?

Dunno; haven't replaced any yet.

On average, how long does a vaporizer last before you have to buy a new one?

The standard answer is that an atomizer lasts a month. That is an average. Keep spares.

Compared to smoking a normal cigarette, do you have to reload (rejuice) your e-cig? If so, how many times?

I direct drip because I feel I get the most consistent vape that way. I drip 2-3 drops on the atty and get 3-4 good hits before dripping again. Don't drip and drive! Use a cart or have a friend drip for you when driving longer than a few hits will cover.

Compared to smoking a normal cigarette, is smoking an e-cig as satisfying?

Goes both ways. There is more than nicotine in analogs that we're addicted to, and vaping does not contain those potentially harmful substances. I've felt some dissatisfaction in that regard. This said, vaping feels and tastes so much better than smoke, and once you find a nic level and a device that provides the throat hit you like, you will never want to smoke again. There is a learning curve that includes adjustment to vaping in addition to finding what works for you.

Once the juice is loaded into the cartridges how long does it take to evaporate before it's unusable?

About a day. You may find that carts are not your favorite way to vape.

I smoke Pall Mall light 100's and smoke about a pack and a half a day. I smoke 4 or 5 before work, and one on the way to work in the car. I smoke one (sometimes 2) between morning and lunch, 2 or 3 on an hour lunch break, and 1 (sometimes 2) before I get off work. One on the way home, and about 10 to 15 in the afternoon. (Wow! I never wrote it all out like that before! I seriously smoke way too much!) I need something that I can take to work and not have to worry about fiddling with during the day. And I need a battery that will last all day. What would be the best "package" to start out with in a situation like this?

That's a tough one! This is where personal preference comes in. I'll describe myself and you can compare this to other's experiences. I smoked about 25+ Pall Mall non-filters a day; that wasn't enough to satisfy my nicotine urge but it was all the smoke I could tolerate. I loved the nicotine and the heavy throat hit. Today I find that 48mg juice and 5V of power lets me squeak by. I think this is about equivalent to normal "Full Flavor" analogs. I have not found the equivalent of non-filters. Many vapors were "Lights" smokers; vaping is more likely to work for them. Vaping can be a serious struggle for heavy smokers like me.

I hope at least one person is willing to spend the time to answer these questions. I feel like it's a lot to ask, but there does not seem to be any one place to get all of these questions answered. If you respond, thank you very much!

:D vBear, far more than one person here will be willing to help you! That is why we're here. Good luck in your investigation. I hope you choose to make that healthier choice for yourself and your loved ones. And I want to congratulate you on your excellent series of questions; they really got to the heart of the issue. I wish you all the best.

Hi vbear, I promised you a response last night so here it is.

Ok, I heard about this electronic cigarette from a co-worker. However, I have yet to see one other than photos on the web. I started doing some research and found this forum, after viewing some youtube videos. I have been reading these forums for a few hours and have noticed that are a lot of good folks here willing to spend there time answering questions about this whole e-cig craze that seems to be getting started. I have to wonder why? Are you guys and gals selling this stuff? If you are just hanging around here answering questions and not making a profit off of selling this stuff then people are really jazzed about this whole concept. I hang out here, answering questions because I'm jazzed about vaping!

General Questions:

How long have electronic cigarettes been around? They have been around for a few years, but really took off within the last couple of years.

How safe is the vapor? (How easy is it to overdose on nicotine?) To date, I have not heard of someone OD'ing on nicotine. I have not seen any reputable studies that show the vapor is dangerous.

Why does Firefox think vapor is not spelled correctly?! (well that one is a little off topic :/) Sorry I don't use Firefox :)

How long have you been vaping? I have been vaping for 91 days

Did you start vaping to quit smoking, or for just a "safer" switch? I started vaping to quit smoking and save money

Did it work? Yes, I haven't smoked since I started vaping.

How long did it take you to quit? I stopped smoking the day I started vaping.

Can you give a good reason too start using an electronic cigarette other than health reasons? You will save money,feel better about yourself,have better breath,you get to participate in cool online forums like Vapor Talk. :)

Choice and Price:

In your experience, have you actually saved money by switching? Yes I have saved money. My wife and I quit together. We have saved about $1,000 from not buying cigarettes. We have spent about $800 on vaping supplies.

Compared to cartons of cigarettes, what was your start-up cost? My start up cost was about $70. A carton of Marlboro lights where I live is around $55

What is the difference between a 510 and a pen-style? (Man I hope that's not the same thing) Simply put, a 510 is about the same size as a 100 cig. A penstyle, which usually has an 801 atty is longer and kinda looks like a pen :)

Is there a comparison chart for all the brands and/or models? I'm sure there is, I just dont have one on my comp to share. I'm sure if you read through some posts on here you will get an idea what people like and dont like.

Usage:

On average, how long does a bottle of juice last you? A 10 ml bottle will last me about 1 1/2 weeks.

On average, how long does a battery last before you have to buy a new one? I don't know , I haven't lost a 510 batt yet. :)

On average, how long does a vaporizer last before you have to buy a new one? I just lost a 510 atty after 2 months of usage. I've also had an atty that was DOA. If you get a month out of an atty, then your doing good.

Compared to smoking a normal cigarette, do you have to reload (rejuice) your e-cig? If so, how many times? I put 3 drops of juice directly on the atty. For me it lasts the equivalent to 2 cigs.

Compared to smoking a normal cigarette, is smoking an e-cig as satisfying? Overall, I find vaping much more satisfying than smoking.

Once the juice is loaded into the cartridges how long does it take to evaporate before it's unusable? I dont know. I vape to much to allow the juice to evaporate. :D

I smoke Pall Mall light 100's and smoke about a pack and a half a day. I smoke 4 or 5 before work, and one on the way to work in the car. I smoke one (sometimes 2) between morning and lunch, 2 or 3 on an hour lunch break, and 1 (sometimes 2) before I get off work. One on the way home, and about 10 to 15 in the afternoon. (Wow! I never wrote it all out like that before! I seriously smoke way too much!) I need something that I can take to work and not have to worry about fiddling with during the day. And I need a battery that will last all day. What would be the best "package" to start out with in a situation like this? If you want a battery that will last a day and then some I would go with the "eGO" from JantyUSA. A standard 510 batt will only last you about 2 hours max. Can you charge batts at your work?

Edited by jeffb

Here's an article I saved some time ago regarding the inventor of the ecig:

A high-tech approach to getting a nicotine fix

The electronic cigarette -- a gadget that looks like the real thing and delivers nicotine without smoke -- is established in China, and companies are taking aim at the U.S. market.

By Barbara Demick

April 25, 2009

Reporting from Beijing -- Hon Lik used to light up first thing in the morning. He smoked between lectures at the university where he studied Oriental medicine, between bites at lunch, in the lab where he researched ginseng health products. He'd usually burn through two packs by dusk and smoke a third over dinner and drinks with colleagues.

It wasn't until his father, also a heavy smoker, died of lung cancer that Hon finally kicked the habit.

Hon's story could be that of any other nicotine-addicted, middle-aged man in China, where 60% of the men smoke. What distinguishes the 52-year-old pharmacist and inventor is that he found inspiration in the addiction.

post-731-126426781466_thumb.jpg

One of the strangest gizmos to come out of China in recent years, Hon's invention, the electronic cigarette, turns the adage "where there's smoke there's fire" on its head.

It doesn't burn at all. Instead, it uses a small lithium battery that atomizes a liquid solution of nicotine. What you inhale looks like smoke, but it's a vapor similar to stage fog. (Take that, smoke-free bars!) It even has a red light at the tip that lights up with each drag.

"It's a much cleaner, safer way to inhale nicotine," said Hon, blowing curlicues of e-smoke as he showed off the cigarette in his Beijing office. (He says he doesn't smoke anymore, except for such demonstrations.)

Hon got his first patent on the e-cigarette in 2003 and introduced it to the Chinese market the next year. The company he worked for, Golden Dragon Holdings, was so inspired that it changed its name to Ruyan (meaning "like smoke") and started selling abroad.

This year, it's planning a big push in the United States. A disposable e-cigarette called the Jazz ($24.95 for the equivalent of five packs) is due to hit 7-Elevens in the Dallas-Fort Worth area shortly. Many rival versions, all made in China, are making their way to the U.S., sold mostly over the Internet by small marketing firms.

Unlike nicotine patches and gum, electronic cigarettes are designed to be fun. There are regulars and menthols, as well as chocolate and strawberry. A company in Japan is selling one that is charged by the USB port of a computer.

The e-cigarettes aren't marketed as a way to quit smoking, but as a smoking alternative.

"It's safe smoking -- like smoking with a condom on," said William Taskas, a Canadian distributor who is marketing a product called Smoke- Stik.

What makes the electronic cigarette more than just the latest curiosity from China is the enthusiasm it has inspired among respected anti-tobacco activists.

"This is exactly what the tobacco companies have been afraid of all these years, an alternative method of delivering nicotine that is actually enjoyable," said David Sweanor, an adjunct law professor at the University of Ottawa who specializes in tobacco issues. "It took the Chinese, who are very entrepreneurial, and not burdened with all kinds of regulation, to take the risk."

Even without smoke or fire, electronic cigarettes are sparking controversy. Australia, Canada and Hong Kong have banned them on the grounds that they have not been sufficiently tested for safety.

"The way they were being sold, there was no control. A kid could buy it and take too many puffs. You could overdose on nicotine," said Ronald Lam, tobacco control chief of the health department in Hong Kong, where 800 shops were raided last month and the entire e-stash confiscated.

The Food and Drug Administration last month confiscated shipments from three Chinese companies on the grounds they were making false health claims. The agency said in a recent letter to prospective importers of electronic cigarettes that it had not decided on their legality, but was "evaluating them on a case-by-case basis."

Although they're not kicking Marlboro off the shelves in China, the electronic cigarettes have a small but loyal following.

"They're quite popular with both men and women," said Sun Shujuan, a clerk at the tobacco counter of the Beijing City Department Store. Each day, she sells one or two of the reusable cigarettes (a $145 appliance), and a much larger number of the replacement cartridges, which run $9 for the equivalent of five packs of cigarettes. "We have many repeat customers."

Chinese smokers complain that the electronic cigarettes are expensive (most brands here are still less than $1 a pack) and can't be easily shared. In China, cigarettes are the essential lubricant for opening a conversation -- the smoke offered to the cop who has pulled you over, the pack held open by a salesman approaching a prospect.

"What is the point of having cigarettes if you can't give one to a friend?" said Liu Hai, who works as a driver and lives in Chengdu, in Sichuan province.

The United States is considered a far more promising market because of the higher price of cigarettes and the prohibition on smoking in many indoor spaces.

"When you're in Minneapolis in the winter, it's a lot more attractive to spend $24.95 on an electronic cigarette than it is to go out to smoke where it is 20 degrees below," said Alex Chong, chief executive of Ruyan America, the Minneapolis-based U.S. affiliate of Hon's company.

E-cigarettes are already sold legally in some British pubs, where smoking is banned.

Even though the devices are not yet widely available in the United States, the battle lines are being drawn.

The electronic cigarette marketers refrain from calling e-cigarettes a smoking-cessation aid -- in part because under U.S. law, if they made any health claims, they would be subject to FDA approval.

Bill Godshall, head of Smokefree Pennsylvania, estimates that at least 100,000 electronic cigarettes have been sold in the United States. (The gizmo got a boost last month when Leonardo DiCaprio was photographed smoking one on a bicycle.)

"You have these abstinence-only extremists who want to eradicate all nicotine product. But as you've seen, whether we're talking about sex or alcohol or nicotine, abstinence doesn't really work," said Godshall, who has collected 4,000 signatures on a petition to allow e-cigarettes to be legally sold in the United States.

Chong, of Ruyan America, said his company was willing to put its product up for safety testing to win U.S. regulatory approval but not immediately, explaining that it is a $20-million, three-year process. He said that seven laboratories the company commissioned to test the product found no dangerous level of chemicals.

Inventor Hon says the idea of the electronic cigarettes came to him in a dream in 2000: Coughing and wheezing, he imagined he was drowning, until suddenly the waters around him lifted into a fog.

He gave one of the first prototypes to his dying father.

"It was too late for my father, but not for me. I switched over myself to electronic cigarettes."

post-731-126426781466_thumb.jpg

As much as I hate to do it, I have to agree with Jeff (lol). I am not in this for the money. I just enjoy reading the posts and helping if someone hasn't already replied (doesn't happen often). As far as what everyone has said so far I would have to agree. If you want to start out I would invest in a 510 , a couple of extra batteries ,attys, & some juice (you will want to direct drip eventually). For $100, you can see what this is all about and then have that "this is what i've been waiting for moment". Good luck, Happy vaping & hope to see you around the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome vBear! It looks like gdub and jeff took care a lot of your questions. I just wanted to say almost all of us started out just like you, so no we have nothing to sell you. But we do enjoy helping others have a healthier life. For me i went from a pack a day to 1 cig the day i got my first kit to 0 the next day. YES IT WORKS! After about a week i got some really good advice that really opened my eyes and i will pass this along to you jedi! I look at vaping as a reward as opposed to smoking a analog. and after about 2 weeks it really set in. I never really feel like i quit smoking just traded brands for a better tasting more healthy brand! Also the hardest thing for me to over come about the cravings for a analog was i never had anything to compare it to. So as you know your body will tell you when u want a cig because that is all it has known, so now when i get that feeling i know it isn't a cig it wants its a vape! But its still that same craving for nicotine. i just have never had another option for anything else until now. I don't know if that makes sense but its kinda hard to explain.

I know if you are truly ready to give up analogs you will be able to with this. One thing i had in my mind is i knew this wasn't going to be smoking so i didn't care about looks and feel, it was easier to get my head around making a switch. If you can go with that mind set i think you will be better off with having a battery mod that will last you all day.

Either way BEST OF LUCK! we are here for you anytime you need it! :on2long:

ROOR

I don't know if that makes sense but its kinda hard to explain.

I know exactly what you are talking about.

After days of research and reading I decided to go with the Tornado. My wife and I both have decided to switch to vaping. We just got them today and the batters are all charged up. We have been using them all afternoon :). Very interesting! We have only had one anolog all afternoon. (was more of a she wanted one so I went outside with her thing). We are enjoying them!

I have to admit, the first few times I hit it I either choked up and hit it way to hard or just hit it way to soft. I about got it down now. It doesn't take long to figure it out. Thanks everyone for your very good and honest answers!

Welcome vBear! It looks like gdub and jeff took care a lot of your questions. I just wanted to say almost all of us started out just like you, so no we have nothing to sell you. But we do enjoy helping others have a healthier life. For me i went from a pack a day to 1 cig the day i got my first kit to 0 the next day. YES IT WORKS! After about a week i got some really good advice that really opened my eyes and i will pass this along to you jedi! I look at vaping as a reward as opposed to smoking a analog. and after about 2 weeks it really set in. I never really feel like i quit smoking just traded brands for a better tasting more healthy brand! Also the hardest thing for me to over come about the cravings for a analog was i never had anything to compare it to. So as you know your body will tell you when u want a cig because that is all it has known, so now when i get that feeling i know it isn't a cig it wants its a vape! But its still that same craving for nicotine. i just have never had another option for anything else until now. I don't know if that makes sense but its kinda hard to explain.

I know if you are truly ready to give up analogs you will be able to with this. One thing i had in my mind is i knew this wasn't going to be smoking so i didn't care about looks and feel, it was easier to get my head around making a switch. If you can go with that mind set i think you will be better off with having a battery mod that will last you all day.

Either way BEST OF LUCK! we are here for you anytime you need it! :on2long:

ROOR

ROOR, I had to +1 you on that too. I gotta say, you're really a benefit to VT. I like everything you have to say, very upbeat. I'm glad you found VT, bro. thumbsup.gif