Lesson Learned

So my wife made some typically superfine soup this weekend and naturally I looked forward to my lunches this week. Because I'm no power-mad suit carrying a briefcase, nor am I some sneaker-wearing parent with a ballistic nylon lunch kit, I carry my lunch and whatever to work in a plastic grocery bag. Suits my proletariat leanings quite nicely.

This morning I packed my lunch, the bills to mail, the "quick start" guide to my new Droid, some other notes of stuff I needed to do today, and my VP PT & juice in a trusty plastic grocery bag. And headed out the door. Before I backed out of the driveway I hooked the PT into the car's outlet and dripped some juice onto the atty. Dang thing dripped 'juice' all over my slacks! And had a really wet hit. Yuck, I thought, time to clean this atty. But there was sufficient vapor to get me to work. When I set the bag on my desk and started pulling stuff out of it I noticed ... everything was wet! And smelled like soup...

Rats!

Frantically I got stuff out of there and everything was covered in soup; notes, bills, vitamin jar ... PT. Cold and greasy soup. Sloshing around in the bottom of the bag. A 6 ml bottle of watermelon just below the surface of the little lake in there.

Sigh.

Okay, long story short I blotted all the paper stuff dry, took my PT to the sink and used damp paper towels to clean it off, stuck the corner of a paper towel into the atty, cried a little, and went back to my desk. I debated a moment to decide whether I wanted to risk a short pluging that thing into the company's computer, but I figured that was better than risking my own.

Hey! It lit up! So I screwed the atty on it, dripped some nice watermelon onto it ... Hey! It worked! Tasted a little bit like wet socks - actually, old wet socks - but it kicked out some vapor so I was heartened. To shorten this some more, the soup-flavored atty has finally come all the way back around. I'm certainly relieved. biggrin.gif

Hey! It lit up! So I screwed the atty on it, dripped some nice watermelon onto it ... Hey! It worked! Tasted a little bit like wet socks - actually, old wet socks - but it kicked out some vapor so I was heartened. To shorten this some more, the soup-flavored atty has finally come all the way back around. I'm certainly relieved. biggrin.gif

I'll be watching the VT Store for a new "wet socks" juice flavor in the near future...given your glowing recommendation. :D

The Moral of the story---always make sure your soup is sealed tightly in the container and wrapped in its very own plastic bag !!!

not sure I want to try vaping soup of any kind--especially if it tastes like old wet socks !!!!! New wet socks--Maybe...

The Moral of the story---always make sure your soup is sealed tightly in the container and wrapped in its very own plastic bag !!!

not sure I want to try vaping soup of any kind--especially if it tastes like old wet socks !!!!! New wet socks--Maybe...

Not sure I want to eat soup that tastes like old wet socks !!

I got a nylon lunch box.... Now I will finally get to use it after 10 months....

If your wondering what I am talking about read my post in the vapor lounge...

wet socks....I'll pass :sick:

Haven't made it to your other post yet, but congrats!

@Dave - I think I would have gone home and back to bed!

Edited by Brian

Wow! That would suck! :o I use a tiny diabetes zip up bag thingy for my toys when at work. You should probably invest in some kind of separate bag/carrying case.

Schiz, you're a genius! I was looking all over Walmart today for an appropriate carrying case for my vape gear. The cases I saw online were too small. Considered sewing/tackle boxes, not quite there yet... Will have to check out the diabetes section some time soon!

Thanks for all the good time replies my friends. :D Cripes, what a day. Vaping soup was just the beginning... At least our LordVapor had a good one though! Hat's off to you bro; I'll try to get over there before I have to go to sleep.

BirdDog, in fact it was pizza today. Not bad, but not homemade soup. Sigh.

Schizo, I'm with you man - not putting my stuff in anything but my pocket anymore! :D I do have a kind of 'man purse' - it's a WWI Swiss ammo case, beat up leather, not too girlie-boy stuff. I can put my VP2 and juice and spares in it just fine, PT - not quite. I'll just hang that around my neck and hope I don't get into an accident on my commute. :)

Brian taking the rest of the day off was in fact my plan - until the workday intervened. Sheesh. Classic Monday. Oh wait! ... Well, freakin Monday anyway.

I appreciate all the good humor, this was a prime day for it. :D Vape on!

Schiz, you're a genius! I was looking all over Walmart today for an appropriate carrying case for my vape gear. The cases I saw online were too small. Considered sewing/tackle boxes, not quite there yet... Will have to check out the diabetes section some time soon!

I leave a tackle box at home full of vape toys but use the diabetes bag for work. My tackle box is turning out to be smaller than I thought. I'm thinking about upgrading to one of the big metal red tool boxes with all the drawers or maybe buy a shed. I'm about to watch Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 but when I'm done I'll post the bag in the gallery for you.

Well, Dave, what can I say? I'm sorry you had such a rough start to your day. But I sure am glad you have such a great sense of humor.

But really, you haven't thought about a shed for you supplies yet? LOL I loved that one, too!! I've already filled up my little plastic tote (about the same size as a small tool box) and now have more juice making supplies on the way and I'm wondering what to do with them.

Nana--I got a case logic USB case that is perfect. Office Depot, and saw them at wal-mart with computer stuff.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=case+logic+usb&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find

http://www.caselogic.com/6_capacity_usb_drive_shuttle/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=66166

post-1300-126410814617_thumb.jpg

post-1300-126410817896_thumb.jpg

post-1300-126410814617_thumb.jpg

post-1300-126410817896_thumb.jpg

Nana--I got a case logic USB case that is perfect. Office Depot, and saw them at wal-mart with computer stuff.

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_constraint=0&ic=48_0&search_query=case+logic+usb&Find.x=0&Find.y=0&Find=Find

http://www.caselogic.com/6_capacity_usb_drive_shuttle/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=66166

Thank you!