Relapse, Regret, Dissapointment

Well,

I ran out of E-liquid yesterday and the day before I ordered more from E-N-S.com.... Thought I'd be able to make it but, a freind of mine stopped by today (I've been letting him keep his broken down car in my driveway) and as "payment for storage" as he put it brought me a pack of my old favorite Camel wides....rolleyes2.gif So I gave in a smoked a few. The first was disgusting and I couldn't even finish it but then the next got easier and blah blah blah. I feel like crap for giving in, I had even dug out my old commit lozenges before he showed up and they just didn't do it for me.wallbash.gif I know once I get my new supply of juice It'll be very easy to put down the analogs but I still hate the fact I'm smoking again. It scares me to think that if these devices are banned that I will definitely go back to analogs. I don't even see vaping as a substitute for analogs anymore but rather analogs are a substitute for vaping. And a horrible one at that. The only good I can see from this dilemma is that I realize how badly I don't want to smoke anymore, But I know I will continue to do it if I can't vape. no.gif I guess I just felt like venting and who better to listen then the people I know feel the same way about there own nicotine addiction and these wonderful things known fondly as E-cigs. Thanks for reading, I'll be outside camped out by the mailbox....

The main thing is just get back on the wagon when your liquid comes in.I had that problem when I first started it takes a while to get enough batteries,liquid and attomizers in stock and to know how much and when to reorder.I spent a lot of days watching my last bottle of liquid going down and waiting for the mailman.

Don't sweat it man. Probably good that it happened so you can see how much you really prefer to vape. After two weeks analog free I had to smoke analogs due to a two day power outage (all my batts died). No biggie. We all know we're addicted, gotta get that nic, and we all know patches and logenzies don't work.

We're here for ya VapOrDie. We all let ourselves down on occasion, but just realize it's a temporary setback and remember how much you prefer vaping (been there, done that)--Don't let it get you down and just know that we are all here to help if we can.

No sense beating yourself up over something we all know is hightly addictive--smoking. eventually the smoking becomes a distant memory and you will have enough of a stash to not have to worry about running out.

If need you can always make your own juice--minus the liqud.

using food grade glycerine--most baking sections or craft supply stores carry it. Loranns flavoring can be found a some walmarts--can also find other food flavorings in the baking section or craft supply stores. add flavor a little at a time for flavor. use distilled water to thin if necessary or can use clear alcohol such as vodka for throat hit and thinning.

than use the commit lozenges for nicotine and the glycerine mix for the 'smoking' needs.

You will be back on track soon enough !!!! It's not like you have given up on vaping.

My friend... I did the exact same thing a few times too. DON'T get down on yourself for doing it!!

I too thought that analogs tasted nasty ... so it has become even easier for me to quit for good and only vape.

Hang in there... it will get better, and you will succeed!!

I tried a smoke about a month after I started vaping and is tasted like crap. If you can't stock up on eLiquid, I do know there are some truck stops and liquor stores that carry the disposable eCigs. There are also kiosks in the mall that maybe you can get a pack of carts until your order comes in.

Just a couple of ideas to get you through.

Cya,

VaporDie, Im Glad you made this post. I know if i ran out of juice, or was vapeless for more than a few hours, AND someone brought me my favorate brand I would break down too. Dust your self off and get right back in it. Tell your buddy to bring you a six pack instead next time!!!

No sense beating yourself up over something we all know is hightly addictive--smoking. eventually the smoking becomes a distant memory and you will have enough of a stash to not have to worry about running out.

If need you can always make your own juice--minus the liqud.

using food grade glycerine--most baking sections or craft supply stores carry it. Loranns flavoring can be found a some walmarts--can also find other food flavorings in the baking section or craft supply stores. add flavor a little at a time for flavor. use distilled water to thin if necessary or can use clear alcohol such as vodka for throat hit and thinning.

than use the commit lozenges for nicotine and the glycerine mix for the 'smoking' needs.

You will be back on track soon enough !!!! It's not like you have given up on vaping.

Kitsune, This is a Great Idea!!!

i thought i made a mistake ordering a 10 flavor sample kit from a supplier i won't even mention but your experience makes me feel better because they would be better than analogs LOL!!! i guess there's always a silver lining!

I feel like crap for giving in,

As my son says, chillax!!! Worst thing you can do is feel like crap, that leads to a weird state of mind most addicts know very well. Ask any dieter or drug addict, failure leads right back to the addiction. So you sound committed, you gave it up for a while, you went back to cigs as an alternative while waiting to resume your preferred method of chillaxing.

Kitsune's suggestion is top notch, at least for me, the act of smoking and the nicotine are two different things. The brain has been trained that the act of smoking delivers nicotine satisfying the addiction. It doesn't actually know if there is nicotine in the smoke, like Pavlov's dogs, it just links the two things together. But the act of vaping satisfies the brain, and the lozenges or any other form of NRT will make sure you don't actually go into withdrawal. I was surprised when I first (unsuccessfully) went to 0 mg how long it actually took my body to realize it didn't have nicotine.

I have quite the little stockpile of juice, batts, chargers attys just in case. Built up after I tried a cig for the first time after two weeks. I almost threw up!!

Edited by FTJoe

Hey man, no biggie! I haven't read all the comments so I'll probably repeat something others have said, but I'm sure that most of us have had our ups and downs. Nice thing about vaping, you can always pick right back up. No worries. And the upside is the reminder how freakin awful analogs are... I speak from experience, brother: Ugh. (I think that's a word.)

Big thanks to everyone, I was going to try making my own 0 nic but my walmart didn't have the stuff (or I was looking in the wrong place). Oh,well. Jason thank you so much your shipping was excellent and I'm loving the flavors (B&H, Lucky Strike and grape soda) all great especially after a few analogs lol. Shipping took about 2 days so I Will definately be ordering again.

It's nice to have so much support without going to some meeting or laying on a couch paying $300 an hour lol I love this site. Thanks again guys and gals. I'm back to vaping full time.thumbsup.gif

I'm running low on juice myself,put in an order with Awsome Vapor for a bunch of my favorites,was expecting delivery soon.Went to work hoping to find a package in the mailbox when I got home and IT'S MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY! Hoping for delivery tomorrow or I will be out of juice,hope I can make it without sneaking an analog.

Edited by seaspine

I'm running low on juice myself,put in an order with Awsome Vapor for a bunch of my favorites,was expecting delivery soon.Went to work hoping to find a package in the mailbox when I got home and IT'S MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY! Hoping for delivery tomorrow or I will be out of juice,hope I can make it without sneaking an analog.

I hope you get it quickly...

I have actually decided to pick up some cigars in the case that I run out again, I figure I'll still get the nicotine I need, see the smoke and best of all will not be inhaling them.... Still, just thinking of the smell on me makes me sick.thumbsdown.gif They're actually sitting in a humidor that I've been using to hold my vaping stuff lol

Well,

I ran out of E-liquid yesterday and the day before I ordered more from E-N-S.com.... Thought I'd be able to make it but, a freind of mine stopped by today (I've been letting him keep his broken down car in my driveway) and as "payment for storage" as he put it brought me a pack of my old favorite Camel wides....rolleyes2.gif So I gave in a smoked a few. The first was disgusting and I couldn't even finish it but then the next got easier and blah blah blah. I feel like crap for giving in, I had even dug out my old commit lozenges before he showed up and they just didn't do it for me.wallbash.gif I know once I get my new supply of juice It'll be very easy to put down the analogs but I still hate the fact I'm smoking again. It scares me to think that if these devices are banned that I will definitely go back to analogs. I don't even see vaping as a substitute for analogs anymore but rather analogs are a substitute for vaping. And a horrible one at that. The only good I can see from this dilemma is that I realize how badly I don't want to smoke anymore, But I know I will continue to do it if I can't vape. no.gif I guess I just felt like venting and who better to listen then the people I know feel the same way about there own nicotine addiction and these wonderful things known fondly as E-cigs. Thanks for reading, I'll be outside camped out by the mailbox....

Don't let the setback get you down. I've been trying to stop for over a year now. I got my first e-cig last xmas, and have gone back and forth eversince. We all have done it,it's just good that you know how much you dislike analogs and prefer to vape. If anyone can help you out it's the people on this site. They've beed a big source of encourgement to me and I know they will do the same for you. Just keep trying!!!

Edited by snubber