One Problem With The Vp Chargers

elem187

Maybe its just me ... or I'm imagining things, but using the charger seems to not give my batteries a full charge and I'll maybe get like 2 hours out of the battery... I bought a different charger as a secondary charger so I can have more going at once, and it seems to give my batteries a full charge, as in I can get the full 4 hours out of it.

Maybe its just my charger, or some of my batteries are not working at full capacity.. I still need to do some more testing... just curious if anyone who has bought a different charger as well has noticed this.

I've got two (one came with my Spade and one with my VP2) and haven't had any problems with either of them. However, Nana and Dylnne (and I'm pretty sure there were other threads a while back too) have both had issues with battery life on the Spade. I never thought it could be the charger, but you may be on to something. The link below is the thread of some discussion and includes a link to a dual charger that Jeffb uses (and likes).

My link

I didn't think it was my charger because the batteries for the VP2 charge just fine. But after reading this, I wondered, so I checked my Spade batteries and they show a full charge - actually more than the 3.7v so I guess it's not the charger. I wish it was. But, I thought it was the batteries and ordered more. Now I don't think it's batteries, so I have more batteries coming that probably won't work any better. Yep, that's my luck.

I plan on buying a voltage meter to figure out what is going on with the batteries, but so far I have not bonded with the 10440 batteries very well. For me, they don't last much longer than the 510 standard batteries. I have difficulty working with the travel charger...the slightest twitch or bump will change the light from red to green and then back to red, and then green. So, I never know if the batteries are being charged or not.

I plan on buying a voltage meter to figure out what is going on with the batteries, but so far I have not bonded with the 10440 batteries very well. For me, they don't last much longer than the 510 standard batteries. I have difficulty working with the travel charger...the slightest twitch or bump will change the light from red to green and then back to red, and then green. So, I never know if the batteries are being charged or not.

That's the way mine have been since I got them. I thought something might be wrong with the unit, so I sent it back to be fixed. But it's still the same as it was. So I thought it has to be the batteries - even though I have 4 of them. I ordered more from another place, but they aren't here yet. Then after reading about the chargers, I wondered if the charger wasn't working on these batteries. We do have a meter and I checked them. They came out at 4.2v, so the charger is charging them. But those batteries do not last any longer than the regular batteries, or even less. I am disappointed because the reason I bought the spade was for the longer battery life. I was told they would last 5 to 6 hours. That's what I wanted. But I've never gotten even close to that. I wouldn't have spent the $100. to have the same battery life as I had. It is not because I am a heavy vaper or my regular batteries wouldn't last the same amount of time - or longer. Don't get me wrong, I love the spade - just not the battery life.

It seems like the spade is draining the battery all the time - whether I'm using it or not. I don't understand that. But, I do have the new batteries coming, so I'm really hoping they work better and that it has been the batteries all along. I'd really like to be able to use the spade, but I don't even bother any more. The batteries don't last long enough for me to take it on the road when I don't have a way to charge them, so I use my original batteries or a passthru. I do take my VP2, too, but it's heavier and more obvious. I guess I'm still nervous about being seen using it in public. That's just me. I'm more comfortable with the smaller, more easily concealed units in public.

@Nana - Sorry your Spade isn't working well for you. When you sent it in, did you get a replacement, or was the same one sent back to you? If you're not getting the battery life you're suppose to, I think you should ask for a replacement unit, or a refund. Seriously, it's a waste of money if you're not getting what you thought you were buying. You're already paid for extra batteries, and more extra batteries. You shouldn't have to do that.

I had some issues with the 14500 battery on the VP2 and thought it was just some bad batteries. But then I realized the contacts get corroded pretty easily. So I just clean the + and - ends with some alcohol and they worked fine. It might even been worth swabbing off the contacts on the Spade, too.

BTW-A volt meter isn't really going to tell you much. Even mostly dead, a battery is going to read 3.7v. It's under load that is what really matters. Remember, batteries store electrons, not voltage. Current is the amount of electrons, voltage is the only the "push".

@Nana - Sorry your Spade isn't working well for you. When you sent it in, did you get a replacement, or was the same one sent back to you? If you're not getting the battery life you're suppose to, I think you should ask for a replacement unit, or a refund. Seriously, it's a waste of money if you're not getting what you thought you were buying. You're already paid for extra batteries, and more extra batteries. You shouldn't have to do that.

I think Jeso said he rebuilt it. There was a problem with the spring, but he said it was still draining the batteries, so he took it apart and found something wrong with a wire. But from the minute I got it back, it was the same thing. He wondered if I was just a heavy vaper and I've wondered that, too. But that still doesn't explain why the spade batteries only last as long for me as the regular batteries. It doesn't make any sense. I've tried vaping with it non-stop and then I only get about 45 minutes, max, out of them. I've really thought it was just me being, well...a complainer, but it does sound like some others have had the same problem. I've read about how some almost always have the spade in their hands and are very heavy vapers and get the 4 or 5 hours out of it - makes me a bit jealous and I can't help wondering why I don't. I've pretty much just chalked it up to a loss for me and I'm looking for something else.

I'm still leaning towards it being the charger because my other charger is a trustfire charger a little bit bigger in size and with a long cord and it works great, I'm getting the full time I should expect out of the spade... but when I use the charger that came with the spade, it seems about half that, and I'm getting it on the contacts exactly.. I don't see any other way of putting it on..

Just something to think about.... but having 4 batteries is a must. the charger that came with the spade is a godsend on its size and ease of portability so I can always have a charger on hand just in case I'm going to be away from the house for more than a day.

I'm still leaning towards it being the charger because my other charger is a trustfire charger a little bit bigger in size and with a long cord and it works great, I'm getting the full time I should expect out of the spade... but when I use the charger that came with the spade, it seems about half that, and I'm getting it on the contacts exactly.. I don't see any other way of putting it on..

Just something to think about.... but having 4 batteries is a must. the charger that came with the spade is a godsend on its size and ease of portability so I can always have a charger on hand just in case I'm going to be away from the house for more than a day.

And it could be, elem187. I didn't mean to argue with you. I liked the idea and that's why I checked the voltage, but it could still be something like that. If a different charger gives your batteries longer life, that's great! And I'd be willing to try it. I'd be willing to try just about anything to get these batteries to last longer. All this time I've thought it couldn't be the charger because they were charging. The charge just wasn't lasting. I'd be willing to get a different charger and see what happens. Where did you get yours?

And thanks for bringing the subject up.

After hearing all this trouble everyone is having with their spade batteries,its making me a little nervous about ordering one. I was really looking forward to it and the longer battery life,but now I'm not so sure.

Please tell me this isn't happening to everyone!!!

I've read about how some almost always have the spade in their hands and are very heavy vapers and get the 4 or 5 hours out of it - makes me a bit jealous and I can't help wondering why I don't. I've pretty much just chalked it up to a loss for me and I'm looking for something else.

Before I got my VP2 I really wore out my Spade. I still swear that it seemed like my batteries lasted longer when I was vaping heavily. Wouldn't hurt to ask for a replacement, or maybe you can get a store credit to apply towrads a Joker. :o

I have consistently got 4-5 hours out of my 10440's. I did have 1 that I threw away because it just wouldn't hold a charge. I'm sorry about issues that others may have had with batts but mine have worked great.

There are problems with the spade all around.The batteries do not last as long as my dse901 batteries and My dse901 batteries will last almost twice as long as the batteries that came with the spade.One battery will last about 20 minutes and the other battery will last about 40 minutes.The one that will last 20 minutes will hardley produce a vapor at all when fully charged, but. I do have to use it til my other battery chargers up.The batteries last no where near the 4 hours that the spade was suppose to have.I have never vaped the dulcis juice before, so I just thought it did not produce a very good vapor.The vapor production was so poor you could barley see the vape come out. In a rush to leave for work one day I forgot to bring my dulcis atomizer with me, so when I got to work I cleaned the mentha out of the atomizer that I was using so I could vape the dulcis and a normal cloud vapor came out.Thats when I realized that one of the atomizers that came with the spade was real weak when it arrived, so. I really have only one atomizer to use.Lets hope this atomizer will last awhile.The other problem is the spring.Not a real big issue but you have to stretch it out alot of times to make a good connection.

This is a very high dollar e-cig and with what people paid for it. It should be better than what it is.Chris was fast to jump on my case about the dulcis juice problem I was having.But I don't see him in here explaining why his product is in no way as good as he made it out to be.

The spade has a strong point in that it does produce a good vapor,other than that. The spade has in no way meet up to the hype that it was sold on.I'ts a 128 dollar dse901 with lights.I don't use it much anymore except at night.I can't take this to work with me because of the low battery life. I have no way of charging it at work. I have gone back to the dse901 at work because I already have enough batteries to last me all day, and that was the big thing for me. To buy the spade for the battery life and I would no longer need to carry 4 901 batteries with me.

I only hope that he will adddress the concerns and problems that so people are having with the spade. I was not going to openly address the problems that I am having with the spade in the forum. I was just going to pm him in privite, But since its already out there, people do need to use the forum to let it be known and bring awarness to the problem.

Chris was fast to jump on my case about the dulcis juice problem I was having.But I don't see him in here explaining why his product is in no way as good as he made it out to be.

I've been gone for a week and just got back from New York. I have 100's of posts I have to read through and I just found my way to this one. There are hundreds of spade units floating around with very happy owners. Most of whom get the 3-4 hours (if not more) they expected. If your DSE 901 units are lasting longer than your Spade then something is wrong with the unit. I would suggest you create a ticket in the store so we can have it repaired asap. :)

Also if anyone is having issues with their chargers they are also under warranty. A quick ticket would have it replaced with no problem

I've been gone for a week and just got back from New York. I have 100's of posts I have to read through and I just found my way to this one. There are hundreds of spade units floating around with very happy owners. Most of whom get the 3-4 hours (if not more) they expected. If your DSE 901 units are lasting longer than your Spade then something is wrong with the unit. I would suggest you create a ticket in the store so we can have it repaired asap. :)

Also if anyone is having issues with their chargers they are also under warranty. A quick ticket would have it replaced with no problem

I'm one of those happy users getting 4-6 hours on my batteries. Also, the Janty 510 atty that came with my Spade is the best atty that I have. It was used for a couple of weeks after I got my Spade and then went on a sheft for a while. It made it's way back into rotation the other day and Wow! Seems to me that it works better than any of the other 510's I have. Not sure the Janty atty is worth the extra $, but I'm thinking of buying a few just to see if it's a fluke that I like it more than the others.

I got my new batteries and they don't last either - maybe about an hour. So I'd really like to give my Spade one more chance. Where did you get your trustfire charger? I'd really like to get one and give it a try. I can't think of anything else to do.

I do have one Spade battery that seems to get a very short life compared to the other. But, I do get a good 3 hours out of the other battery. A regular 510 battery realistically only lasts 1 good hour. I am happy with the Spade due to vapor production, battery life, and build quality.

I got my new batteries and they don't last either - maybe about an hour. So I'd really like to give my Spade one more chance. Where did you get your trustfire charger? I'd really like to get one and give it a try. I can't think of anything else to do.

Just a thought to remember... Don't they say it could take a few times for the batteries to reach full potential? I don't have one... nor do I think Im going to now, but I wouldn't put up with that. You paid good money for your Spade, you deserve for it to work as stated. I'm gonna bet it's all about the battery though. Too many people having issues alike for it not to be the batts.

Edited by DAYVAPE

Try Battery Junction and Mad Vapes for a new charger. Good luck I hope this works.

Battery Junction

Mad Vapes

Try Battery Junction and Mad Vapes for a new charger. Good luck I hope this works.

Battery Junction

Mad Vapes

Thanks so much. I'll be just thrilled if a new charger works, but I've about given up hope. There just has to be something we can do. Others seem to be so happy with theirs, but the few of us who don't get the battery life need an answer. I think. Elem said it worked for him, so I'm hoping it will work for me. Again, thanks for the links.

Thanks so much. I'll be just thrilled if a new charger works, but I've about given up hope. There just has to be something we can do. Others seem to be so happy with theirs, but the few of us who don't get the battery life need an answer. I think. Elem said it worked for him, so I'm hoping it will work for me. Again, thanks for the links.

Ask if you can send it back in and send YOUR batteries with it.