2 side effects I am experiencing from vaping

Hi, was a long time reasonably heavy smoker and took up vaping around 6 months ago. I had used conventional nicotine vapes before but never found they satisfied. Then I bought a Smok Nord 2 pod with 35mg nic salt and it was perfect. At first I couldn't believe it. My first pull on the pod vape was the minute I gave up cigarettes and haven't had one since.

First 2 months my breathing was so clear. Slept better than I had for years. Felt better, absolutely amazing.

But last few months I seem to be getting a lot of congestion in my lungs which is very hard to cough up and can make breathing uncomfortable as well. I have also probably increased my use a fair bit. I would say 200-300 puffs a day. I try to limit myself to 10 puffs at a time rather than sucking on it all day as you would a cigarette.

The other possible side effect may be aggression / short of temper. And I don't think it is withdrawal from cigarettes as I have never thought of having one since the vape. It didn't really occur to me until my son asked me if I was experiencing the same thing as he thought it was affecting him. Any comments or advice welcome

The first thing I'd suggest is to change the coil to a new one. I find that, when my coil is getting gunked up it tends to make me cough.

If you're vaping less and getting cranky, then try a juice with a little more nicotine in it. That will give you the same amount of nic while vaping less that you got when you were vaping more. Does that make sense?

Good luck, and let us know if any of this works for you!

I have had that issue a couple times also. I suspect the juice in my case, but as I say, I just 'suspect'.  Buying only U.S. made seemed to eliminate it, BUT may have just been coincidence. ......... Unfortunately I hit the vape more than I did analogs, but then I don't vape clouds of steam that look like smoke screens either. 

• 9 months later...

Any update OP (if you're still around)? I started overusing mine too when it's right within reach all day, and feeling noticeably more agitated as time went on. I have to leave it across the room now to avoid absent-mindedly puffing it nonstop. I second Tam's recommendation to get some ejuice with a higher dosage of nicotine.