Vp Passthrough

dlynne

My Spade and VP Passthrough arrived today. Immediately, I started a charge for the battery to use with the Spade. Then, I tried the VP Passthrough. Wow!

This is so much more satisfying than the Joye 510 passthrough I have been using. Throat hit is excellent, with consistent vaping. And, it does not appear to have the questionable workmanship/button issues of the Protegy passthrough I previously used and have since abandoned.

I am very excited about the wall power unit that the usb plug on the passthrough can use...this is perfect for watching TV or when I sew, and I don't have a computer nearby to use as a power source. The passthrough, with the 510 adaptor, is long and slender, very elegant in fact. I like the LED light on the passthrough. I think I will get another passthrough for the office, and keep one at home. I just love the acrylic stand. Vaporing is now organized and uncluttered.

Chris threw in a free car adaptor for use with the passthrough. Thank you, Chris! :wave:

Ladies...although I haven't used it yet, the Spade is the first Mod I've seen that is so fashionable in appearance. Very, very elegant. The passthrough also looks ... just right!

I will post a review on the Spade after the battery charges and I have a chance to use it. But, for right now, the VP passthrough is absolutely perfect, just right. :thumbsup:

I have to agree, the VPPT is top notch! I got mine yesterday and haven't stopped using it! Anything else I was using before that, just doesn't compare! A+ Quality for sure! :)

I got mine today. I've heard it described as a "vaping monster", and all I can say is...oh yeah!! I'm loving it! I started out with the 510 atty on it and it was great. Then I put the 801 LB on and....Yikes!! I have been all about the 510, but I think the 801 is better on this unit. Of course I haven't had it very long and I may wrong about that, but so far the 801 is the winner. And I still think maybe I like the 510 better on the VP2. Hmmmm. To be sure, I'll have to do a lot more vaping and comparing and experimenting. This could take some time. Oh yeah. And I might need a couple more of these things just in case. If something happened to this one and I didn't have another to fall back on, well....let's just say that might not be pretty picture. Yep, I think I like this one.

I got mine today. I've heard it described as a "vaping monster", and all I can say is...oh yeah!! I'm loving it! I started out with the 510 atty on it and it was great. Then I put the 801 LB on and....Yikes!! I have been all about the 510, but I think the 801 is better on this unit. Of course I haven't had it very long and I may wrong about that, but so far the 801 is the winner. And I still think maybe I like the 510 better on the VP2. Hmmmm. To be sure, I'll have to do a lot more vaping and comparing and experimenting. This could take some time. Oh yeah. And I might need a couple more of these things just in case. If something happened to this one and I didn't have another to fall back on, well....let's just say that might not be pretty picture. Yep, I think I like this one.

I'm so glad you got it, and like it! I was wondering if maybe you get any flavor with it? I know you say you don't taste very much when vaping, but that was the first thing I noticed with the PT, the flavor is amazing! So much stronger than on my Spade or VP2. Reckon I'll have to try one of those Joye 302's on it soon too. :) I'm happy for ya!

Nana....what does the 801 do on the VP/PT? I have never used anything except the 501 on any of my mods or PTs.

With that right hardware, the 801 is known to give the most amount of vapor and flavor. When they fist came out the only option we had where auto batteries. We have come a long way since then and some of the modification available such as the PT allow the 801/302 (same thing) atomizer to reach it's full potential. It can be very strong on the passthrough.

I'm so glad you got it, and like it! I was wondering if maybe you get any flavor with it? I know you say you don't taste very much when vaping, but that was the first thing I noticed with the PT, the flavor is amazing! So much stronger than on my Spade or VP2. Reckon I'll have to try one of those Joye 302's on it soon too. :) I'm happy for ya!

Well, thanks Brian. I just love it.

You know what? I think I am tasting the juice. I've just been using some I mixed with the Lorann's cherry last night and I was sure I could taste it, but thought maybe it was just my imagination or maybe I finally got it strong enough last night to where I could taste it. But I really thought I could taste it better when I got this. I hated to say anything cause I thought I was just weird. I'll have to try some of the other juices now that you said that and see if it's true. That would be great!!

Because I love my 510 attys so much, that's what I started with. I started with it plugged into the computer and thought it was maybe a bit better vapor than my VP2, but couldn't be sure. Then I plugged it into the wall. Whoa!! Much better. After awhile I figured I might as well try the 801 LB and see what I thought with that. I knew it was good on the VP2, but it was like I didn't like the "feel" of the draw so much. Maybe too airy for me. But man!!!! it's much different with the PT. Easy draw. Not too airy. And some kickass vapor. I'm still amazed. You gotta try this, Brian. Seriously.

I'll let you know about the flavors later.

Nana....what does the 801 do on the VP/PT? I have never used anything except the 501 on any of my mods or PTs.

dlynne, if you've ever seen a lot of my other posts, you'd see that I absolutely love my 510. I even loved it on my VP2. I loved it when I first tried it on my VP/PT. But when I tried the 801 on the PT, holy cow!!!!...the vapor!!! Huge, thick, soft, billowy, wonderful, enveloping, delightful, beautiful clouds of vapor!!! I have just never been that impressed with the 801 atty. Until now. I'm using a low bridge 801. From what I hear it's a whole lot better than the high bridge 801. I also bought a 302 (which is supposed to be basically the same as the 801, only a bit better?) that I have saved to use when I got my PT. Now I have to try it and see if there is a difference.

Now I guess I need to get some 801's. Like you I am a 501 fan--but you have completely sold me on the 801 Nana.

I love my VP-PT--it really is an amazing unit. I have the green light--bright enough to use as a night light if needed. Definitely best with the wall adapter--it needs lots of power !!!!

Its a new year--time to start spending.....

Awesome! I'm glad you girls are enjoying your PT's. That 801 will knock you out of your chair ;)

*banging head on desk* I just can't get the feel of the 801 on the PT! I am so frustrated, I really want the 801 to knock me off my chair! What is wrong with me???

So jealous of you all!

Now I guess I need to get some 801's. Like you I am a 501 fan--but you have completely sold me on the 801 Nana.

I love my VP-PT--it really is an amazing unit. I have the green light--bright enough to use as a night light if needed. Definitely best with the wall adapter--it needs lots of power !!!!

Its a new year--time to start spending.....

You could always just order one atty when you put in an order for something else. That way you wouldn't be getting a bunch then finding out you don't like them. I'd feel really bad if you did that. But really, I'm using the 510 on it again right now and I don't think it's nearly as much vapor. And I have been a huge fan of the 510 - on everything.

Just a note, if you do decide to get more than one, MyVaporStore has a special on attys right now. If you buy 5 or more of the same kind of atty, you $1.00 off of each of them. They have the 302 atty (which is where I got the one I have right now) for $9.25, so if you got 5 of them, it would only be $8.25 each. Just a thought.

*banging head on desk* I just can't get the feel of the 801 on the PT! I am so frustrated, I really want the 801 to knock me off my chair! What is wrong with me???

So jealous of you all!

When I first got the 801 LB and used it on my VP2, I thought it was awful. Then someone (and I'm not sure I remember right who that was, so won't embarrass myself by saying the wrong name) told me to take it slower on the draw and take a longer, deeper draw. That made a really big difference. It's a much different draw than what I take on the 510. When I switch between those two attys, it takes a few drags before I get it down right. I just have to pay attention and change the way I vape. I don't know if that helps at all, but thought I'd let you know since I had a problem with the 801 LB when I first got it.

When I first got the 801 LB and used it on my VP2, I thought it was awful. Then someone (and I'm not sure I remember right who that was, so won't embarrass myself by saying the wrong name) told me to take it slower on the draw and take a longer, deeper draw. That made a really big difference. It's a much different draw than what I take on the 510. When I switch between those two attys, it takes a few drags before I get it down right. I just have to pay attention and change the way I vape. I don't know if that helps at all, but thought I'd let you know since I had a problem with the 801 LB when I first got it.

Thanks for the reply. I got the same info from Ofortuna one night in the chat room. Everyday I give it a go and now I am just waiting till I finally hit that magic draw. Practice, practice, practice. The second e-cig I bought was the 801 and I couldn't put it down. Now I have the VP/PT and I can't put it down. So I think I angered the 510 gods when I bought the 801 and now they are paying me back. :spell:

Nana,

You are going to love the 302 (LB) atomizer on the PT! They take a little bit to break in, but on the PT only half as long. Once you get them going, watch out! I have had the same 302 atty for 3 months, and I have been abusing it on the Janty Stick taking a bunch of 10 second draws in a row, the VPPT and not resting it, and used it on my VP2 and it just keeps on going. They are tough and give great vapor. My 510 too was my go to atty until I found these! Glad you are having great vaping! Cheers!

Edited by Hawk

Nana,

You are going to love the 302 (LB) atomizer on the PT! They take a little bit to break in, but on the PT only half as long. Once you get them going, watch out! I have had the same 302 atty for 3 months, and I have been abusing it on the Janty Stick taking a bunch of 10 second draws in a row, the VPPT and not resting it, and used it on my VP2 and it just keeps on going. They are tough and give great vapor. My 510 too was my go to atty until I found these! Glad you are having great vaping! Cheers!

Thanks! I'm using it now and it's going good. Took a little bit cause it was tasting nasty at first, but it's doing good now. I don't notice a difference yet between it and the 801 LB, but maybe the difference is how long they last - since you've been using your for 3 months. I like the sound of that. I have to order more now though. I only have 3 801 LB's and this one 302. I have 15 of the 510's now. I have a feeling they are going to last me a very long time since I won't be using them nearly as much as I was before.

I guess that settles it....I will order an 801 high bridge atty for my VP. Thanks. :whistle:

Edited to Add: I see the Vapor Talk store does not carry 801 atomizers. I have only used 501 in the past....any recommendations as to where to buy the 801?

Edited by dlynne

Using the 510 atty's--I use the gentle, slow, long draws. always get tons of vapor and hit.

I have been curious about the 801 for a bit--just not sure about the change.

Don't worry Nana--if I don't like it--I won't hold it against you. I love trying new things anyway. I still have about 50.00 left on my vaping budget this month.

Just spent a good chunk on Flavour Art flavorings and supplies.

I guess that settles it....I will order an 801 high bridge atty for my VP. Thanks. :whistle:

Edited to Add: I see the Vapor Talk store does not carry 801 atomizers. I have only used 501 in the past....any recommendations as to where to buy the 801?

I have 2 recommendations. Arno at Awesome Vapor has the low bridge 801 attys (and you do want the low bridge). And MyVaporStore has a special on attys right now. If you buy 5 or more of the same kind of atty, you $1.00 off of each of them. They have the 302 atty (which is where I got the one I have right now and is the same thing as the low bridge 801) for $9.25, so if you got 5 of them, it would only be $8.25 each.

Hi dlynne. The VT store does carry the 302 atty's which is basically the same thing as a 801. http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/Joye-302-Penstyle-Atomizer-%28Short-Bridge%29.html

But alas, they are Sold Out. :(

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines