Looking For The Right E-Cig.

Aelle

So, I have never picked up an e-cig in my life. I'm still smoking my Marlboro smooths. I've been reading a lot about them for the past few days and I've decided I'm ready to make the switch, the only problem being-- which model is best for me? I know you guys probably get these questions a lot, so I hope this isn't irritating...

I've watched several reviews and so far nothing has caught my eye (there's so many ;_;). These are some things I'm looking for:

• Good battery life (I really can't be arsed with charging this thing up every hour, but I can live with it if it only lasts maybe 4-6 hours. I also don't want to be stuck buying a new battery every two months)

• Decent vapor (I'm a pretty mild smoker-- as you can see from the fact that I smoke Marlboro smooths. The vapor production isn't as important to me as taste and texture, but I would like the vapor to be noticeable. I just don't necessarily have to eclipse the room in my vapor. Although that would be cool ;D).

• Ease of use (obviously I'm new to this and I don't want to jump right into any complicated models...I would personally prefer two piece models to three, but that's negotiable)

• PRICE (When I say price, I don't really mean that it has to be dirt cheap. I'm willing to pay up to $100 for a starter kit as long as the battery lasts me a good long time...otherwise I might as well just keep smoking analogs)

Bonus:

This isn't important to me, but I would really love something that looks pretty. The m401 dragon caught my eye but I was put off by the battery life. So...it doesn't HAVE to look cool, but I would really love it if it did.

Welcome Aelle, You are going to get alot of responces to your post, but my 1st suggestion would be to go w/a 510 and get a few extra batteries that way you don't need to worry about running out. the mega batts for the 510 seem to last me about 4 hours and I am a heavy vaper. You'll like the flavor and vapor production + as you learn more about vaping you'll be able to direct drip and experiment more. Thanks for joining us and have fun vaping!

Welcome Aelle! I have to agree with Mark... the 510 is best. When you're talking about 4-6 hour battery life, you're talking about a battery mod, which tend to be more expensive (but worth it IMHO). If you're willing to go an extra $20 you may check out the Spade starter kit at the Vapor Talk store. That spade gives you good battery life (I get 3-5 hours of heavy vaping), comes with two 510 atty's, two batteries, charger, and 2 bottles of VT juice. Most mods are going to run $100+ and some are just the battery unit, so you'll still have to buy some atty's. Atty's and batteries will wear out, so you will have to be replacing them. Attys can last 1-2 months (some more, some less). I don't know that much about batteries yet, but I figure they'll probably last several months at best (not sure, anyone?). Your up-front investment may seem like a lot, but it will pay off (unless you go crazy and start buying a bunch of different units, but who does that? :whistle: ). So, back to what Mark said - the regular batteries last 2 hours (+/-) per charge, so if you have a few extra you'll be okay. If you spend a lot of time at the computer, you may want to consider a pass-thru (PT) also. You can pick one up with your starter kit for about $20. This will allow you to use your 510 with any USB port without a battery. Again - welcome to the forum and feel free to ask any questions. There are a lot of great member here and they are all very helpful and suportive. Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum Aelle.

I would agree with Mark on this one. The 510 with the mega batteries would be good. And it's got some awesome vapor. It's a 3 piece though. I've never used a 2 piece, but there are some here who know about them and I'm sure they will pop up with some answers soon. You'll have plenty of good advice.

Good luck with whatever model you choose.

Welcome to VT, Aelle. I've got to agree with Mark and Nana and say that the 510 is a fantastic and dependaple unit, and a great choice to introduce yourself to vaping. It was my first e-cig, and I chose the copper color from ElectroNicStix because I liked the way it looked. Jason has the mega batteries in copper, and you could also get a pass through so you can just plug in when your at your computer. I don't know if Jason would quote you a price on a custom starter kit with the mega batteries, but it never hurts to ask. He's got a chat button, so it'll be pretty easy for you to find out when he's on line.

Edited by SmokinHammer

Hi Aelle and welcome,

As mark said the Joye 510 is a great beginner model. And it comes in a variety of colors. Now there are also other models out the like the VP series that VaporTalkStore.com sells that have a better battery like but there's a little more to it. Although easy to figure out. They also sell the 510 I am just not sure if they can get the colored models.

Now just today I received my Janty Ego. It is just as simple as the 510 but with great battery life. You can find them at JantyWorld.com There are some videos on youtube if you do an search.

Thanks for all of your suggestions =)

I'm leaning towards the Joye 510 (since you all seem to like it), but is the Spade worth the $20 extra?

Just some follow up info: I do spend a lot of time at the computer, but the reason why I need a longer battery life is because I'm a college student so on days when I have school I would like to sneak out in between classes for a smoke. It would be mildly irritating for me if the e-cig just pooped out on me in the middle of a stressful day.

Aelle, In my opinion you will be happy with the 510 w/mega batteries, the Spade or the eGo. The choice is yours. You may want to seriously look at the 510 since you spend time at the comp, it is the only one of the 3 that has a passthrough ( you can plug it into the usb port in your comp) option. You can pick up a passthrough for the 510 for about $17. Let us know what you decide. :)

Welcome Aelle. Just to add one point - Whatever you get, you will want to carry at least one spare battery and some carts. No worse than carrying smokes and a lighter though. ;) Good luck and have fun!

Here's my 2 cents--510 is the best way to start. once you get the hang of the ins and outs then move to a mod like the spade. The mods are bit more conspicuous

order extra batteries, atomizers and liquid--and most definately order a PCC. The PCC is perfect for making sure you always have a charged battery.

you have to remember the battery life is still better than a smoke--much easier to sneak a quick vape (even in class).

For me the PCC has saved my butt more than once--if you still have money left, get a passthrough !!!

Here's my 2 cents--510 is the best way to start. once you get the hang of the ins and outs then move to a mod like the spade. The mods are bit more conspicuous

order extra batteries, atomizers and liquid--and most definately order a PCC. The PCC is perfect for making sure you always have a charged battery.

you have to remember the battery life is still better than a smoke--much easier to sneak a quick vape (even in class).

For me the PCC has saved my butt more than once--if you still have money left, get a passthrough !!!

Agree 100%. was thinking today that if you get a mod as your 1st unit, and something happens to it, you're screwed. Starter kit with some extra batts and you're in good shape for a long time, and if you do upgrade to a mod some day, you'll always have those emergency batts from your starter kit. Still got mine.

Agree 100%. was thinking today that if you get a mod as your 1st unit, and something happens to it, you're screwed. Starter kit with some extra batts and you're in good shape for a long time, and if you do upgrade to a mod some day, you'll always have those emergency batts from your starter kit. Still got mine.

:) Still got mine too, and as often as I misplace my VP2 it's a good thing. I've been thinking a lot lately about getting a second unit just for backup sake as much as trying something cooler. PT first though.

For simplicity and battery life, my KR808 is phenominal. I love it. It takes nothing to use, the battery last all day and by that I mean like 12 or more hours. And the menthol cartos are great, I too use to smoke Marlboro smooth. It is reasonably priced, as are the cartos. I bought through V4L. And they give loads of extras when you buy.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions =) I ordered my 510 today. But I do have one last question.

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough spare cash to buy any menthol carts/liquid, and the starter kit comes with five USA mix carts (I'm assuming they're full flavored?). I can't stand the taste of full flavors, so is there a way to give them a menthol taste? Could I just buy some regular menthol liquid and drip it on the atomizer?

Thanks again for all of your suggestions =) I ordered my 510 today. But I do have one last question.

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough spare cash to buy any menthol carts/liquid, and the starter kit comes with five USA mix carts (I'm assuming they're full flavored?). I can't stand the taste of full flavors, so is there a way to give them a menthol taste? Could I just buy some regular menthol liquid and drip it on the atomizer?

Hi Aelle, menthol is very strong. I have used it once about a month ago and the hint of menthol is still on that atty. I'll have to boil it one of these days. :) I believe a drop or two on your atty will give you what your looking for.

Hmm, if it's really strong, perhaps I should mix a little water in with it to dilute it a bit? It probably won't be an issue until I decide to try some flavored liquids, and somehow I think menthol flavored bananas wouldn't taste so great...XD