I'm ready to squonk!

Sounds like you and I will be taking the leap at about the same time.  I've got a wraith coming.  Can't tell you anything about it except @gadget  recommended it and I trust his judgement.  I never thought I would "squonk".  (what a word.  Feel weird even saying it). 

Sounds like you and I will be taking the leap at about the same time.  I've got a wraith coming.  Can't tell you anything about it except [mention=40616]gadget[/mention]  recommended it and I trust his judgement.  I never thought I would "squonk".  (what a word.  Feel weird even saying it). 

It is a silly word!

Sent using The Vapor Talk mobile app

I have to admit there is another I have one eye on.  The Lost Vape Therion 75C BF is out.  I'm not going to jump into that until after I find out if I really take to squonking but Lost Vape makes wonderful devices. 

Here's a link to a review: 

image.png

Edited by Walt

It is a silly word but I must say, I got mine used about a week ago and I haven't been able to put it down.
The build deck appears to be set up for dual coils but I like single for flavor so that's how I built it.
The air flow is set up so it will work the same with either single or dual.
I'm running a 5/4 wrap SS Juggernaut coil at 0.3 ohms.
TC mode 40watts at 370° and the flavor is off the chart!

When the flavor starts getting weak, I squeeze the bottle and hold it for approximately 10 seconds to saturate the coil (before and after photos below). When you release the bottle all the excess juice gets sucked right back down into the bottle. This thing is virtually leak proof.33ea4fbc96bb997da0accafdba76a03b.jpg9e87418f95bec740a4d44f91a240b053.jpg

I have to admit there is another I have one eye on.  The Lost Vape Therion 75C BF is out.  I'm not going to jump into that until after I find out if I really take to squonking but Lost Vape makes wonderful devices. 
Here's a link to a review: 
[/url]  
image.png.478fcb7b7f34117336800b855c9c9168.png

Yeah at that price it will have to be a vaperversary for me! I just ordered the wraith..

Sent using The Vapor Talk mobile app

1 minute ago, FXRich said:

I got a 160w Kanger Dripbox shortly after they came out, the RDA that comes with it leaves much to be desired, but the mod itself is a great dual 18650 mod. It came with a extra bottle too.

Never tried a Kanger.  I am hoping that I take to squonking and that I can do it in TC.  That would be amazing!  No dry hits.  Just diminished fog to trigger the time to squeeze in more juice.  Time will tell. 

Just now, Walt said:

Never tried a Kanger.  I am hoping that I take to squonking and that I can do it in TC.  That would be amazing!  No dry hits.  Just diminished fog to trigger the time to squeeze in more juice.  Time will tell. 

Ever since I had the Dripbox I have used SS316 coils in TC mode, its worked great for me. Even used it a couple of times driving to town. Dripping and driving isn't recommended, but Squonking and driving is OK.

Just now, FXRich said:

Ever since I had the Dripbox I have used SS316 coils in TC mode, its worked great for me. Even used it a couple of times driving to town. Dripping and driving isn't recommended, but Squonking and driving is OK.

That is where my head is going.  Of course it's just hoping at this point until I have some time to see how I bond with the practice, lol. 

4 minutes ago, gadget said:

@walt, I'm probably going to sell one of my 166s, I want that DNA 75 BF!

Lol,  Tempting isn't it?  On one hand, compared to many mods out there it is expensive.  On the other hand, it is about the same price as one night in a motel.  The latest Iphone is a GRAND!  A friggin Grand for a phone?  Are these devices really expensive?  Food for thought. 

6 minutes ago, Walt said:

The latest Iphone is a GRAND!  A friggin Grand for a phone?  Are these devices really expensive?  Food for thought

That is why I'm sticking to my $25 flip phone, also I don't get service where I live so I could only use it away from home.

2 minutes ago, FXRich said:

That is why I'm sticking to my $25 flip phone, also I don't get service where I live so I could only use it away from home.

I'm going back in that direction next time around if they're still available.  I get plenty of face time every day with computers and I just don't use the cell much at all.  I also keep an ipad for controlling my monitors during performances and there is a lot of redundancy there as well. 

Just now, Walt said:

I'm going back in that direction next time around if they're still available.  I get plenty of face time every day with computers and I just don't use the cell much at all.  I also keep an ipad for controlling my monitors during performances and there is a lot of redundancy there as well. 

My phone costs me $17 and change every month for 300 minutes, I rarely use over 100 minutes a month, and they carry over a certain amount. Just have it for emergencies and stuff like that, I even ignore texts.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like you already ordered - I have been squonking on RDAs for years - love it

For new squonkers I always recommend the Kanger DripBox ~$25
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10014058/4388802-authentic-kangertech-dripbox-e-cigarette-starter
The included RDA is garbage - but it can be rebuilt to taste (I prefer ~.4 ohm Dual Coil Kanthal builds)
My favorite Squonk RDA is the Derringer
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10012406/4567302-derringer-v3-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping
with a Squonk Pin - BF RDA Replacement Contacts (about middle of the page) http://fatdaddyvapes.com/shop.html  I use the M3 more than the M2.5 (but I typically keep both in stock for trying new RDAs with Velocity style decks)

My second and third favorite Squonk RDAs are
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10033130/7638600-authentic-vandy-vape-pulse-rda-rebuildable
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10021547/4813300-hastur-v2-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer

I used FastTech for reference, but typically I buy from US resellers if possible

I have tried a bunch of Squonk Mods from ~$10 mechanicals to ~$100 regulated, the simple Kanger DripBox v1 has been the best one for pocket size, battery life, reliability, and toughness

As for the practice / usage - just remember 1-2 puffs, squonk (rinse and repeat)

Good luck on your vaping journey!

Edited by eris667

I don't know what there is about squonking.  In all seriousness, I have a few RTA's that will deliver equal flavor to RDA's but there is something about a squonk mod and atty that just beckons me.  Just today, I'm coming home from a short day at the shop.  Coming out of a traffic circle, entering the on ramp and working through the gears.  I give it a squeeze for a fresh squonk and take a hit.  Santana coming out of the speakers.  Life is good.  Everything fits somehow.