Vape creates burning sensation in my throat

Hi!

Iam really new to vaping and know nothing. I bought a Smok v8 stick. The first time I tried it, it was good but the second time a used it , it started to create a burning sensation in my throat. I never filled my tank to the fullest and I usually just pour 5-6 drops. The liquids Vg and pg are 60VG/40PG. So please tell me how to reduce this sensation.

Thanks for your time.

The v8 stick doesn't have variable wattage does it? Also I'd say higher VG helped with the throat sensation but even with higher pg the sensation of that throat hit I wouldn't describe as a burning sensation, would you? I'd have described it as more of a tickle myself. Burning would describe a dry cotton hit or the juice frying over a hot spot maybe

If you're not filling your tank, it's a good possibility that you burned your wick, which will give you the burning sensation when you take a draw. This is not a dripper type of tank, it's made so that it holds liquid. You need enough liquid to keep your wick wet. I would change out your heating coil, refill the tank and let it sit for a few minutes to let the liquid soak into your wick and then try vaping it again. Start with a low wattage, vape. If that doesn't give you satisfactory results, increase the wattage/power by just a bit and vape. Repeat until you get just a hint of a burning taste, back down your watts a bit and that should be the sweet spot for that coil and juice.

Just did a google search and found that you can't adjust power on your unit. Sorry about that. If you fill your tank, I would leave it standing up and not unassemble and put it away in the box again. If you want to direct drip your juice, you'll want to get a different set up that's made for this purpose.

In my opinion your PG/VG ratio is fine. If there's a way to open up the airflow more than it is right now you might also want to do that, if you're not getting enough air to the coil, that would also give a burning sensation. The 2mm airslots are located at the bottom of the stick.