Baby Beast Help Please

I'm looking to upgrade tanks soon.  I currently own a Cubis Pro.  Looking to get a Baby Beast next month.  My fiancée has a Big Baby Beast and she let me try it out  The flavor and throat hit are UNMATCHED compared to my crappy Cubis!  I'm hooked.  BUT, when she first got hers, she had a leakage problem.  She fixed it.  No fuss.  No leaks.  Hits like a train.  My concern was the leakage issue....is this a common problem with the Big Baby/Baby Beast tanks?  I've been told the Cloud Beast is better. What are your honest opinions on these tanks? Which has the least/no leakage?  Thanks!

Edited by Mar Vapes

Leakage is actually an issue that can arise with any tank, not just the "Beast" line.  Atmospheric conditions, drastic altitude changes, VG/PG ratio, coil priming method...all of these can lead to leaking.  I have Baby Beasts and Cloud Beasts in my daily rotation and, with the exception of the occasional extra warm day or trip to the mountains, I don't have any leaking issues with any of my tanks.  They both have their advantages and disadvantages over each other.  The Cloud Beast has a larger capacity, but the Baby Beast is slightly more convenient due to its more compact size.  They are both workhorses and I really wouldn't rate one better than the other. 

5 hours ago, Adversarious1 said:

Leakage is actually an issue that can arise with any tank, not just the "Beast" line.  Atmospheric conditions, drastic altitude changes, VG/PG ratio, coil priming method...all of these can lead to leaking.  I have Baby Beasts and Cloud Beasts in my daily rotation and, with the exception of the occasional extra warm day or trip to the mountains, I don't have any leaking issues with any of my tanks.  They both have their advantages and disadvantages over each other.  The Cloud Beast has a larger capacity, but the Baby Beast is slightly more convenient due to its more compact size.  They are both workhorses and I really wouldn't rate one better than the other. 

So when you do have leakage issues, what do you do? See? Still listening...  }p

9 hours ago, Tam said:

So when you do have leakage issues, what do you do? See? Still listening...  }p

I keep shop rags around.  In my car, in my work laptop case, in my desk at work...places like that.  My leakage issues are typically limited to the things I mentioned above; warm days or drastic altitude changes.  When a tank starts to leak, I wrap a shop rag around the air holes or slots and blow into the tank to blow out the liquid that has leaked.  After that, I fire the mod to heat the coil and simultaneously blow.  That will burn off any liquid that didn't get blown out.  Then I return to my regularly scheduled vaping session.

Preventing leaks in the first place is key, as you know.  Keeping your tanks in good working order (regularly inspect O-rings and gaskets, check glass integrity, proper installation of coils, etc.), don't over-fill, keep tanks upright (even the best tanks will leak when they are on their side), and keep in mind that thinner liquids are going to be more prone to leaking will help prevent leaks from happening in the first place.

Also, one other cause of leaks is NOT vaping a tank completely.  If a tanks with liquid sits for a couple of days without being used, the vacuum that is created through the act of vaping will slowly release and liquid WILL leak out. 

52 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

Also, one other cause of leaks is NOT vaping a tank completely.  If a tanks with liquid sits for a couple of days without being used, the vacuum that is created through the act of vaping will slowly release and liquid WILL leak out. 

I have noticed this to be very true. I have also noticed that the larger the tank, the sooner letting it sit below say half full will cause it to start leaking. My Subtank Plus will start leaking if I let it sit overnight half full, where as the subtank mini will sit for a full day or longer before any issue arises. I remove my tanks and sit them upside down on the drip tip at night or when I change tanks. 

59 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

I keep shop rags around.  In my car, in my work laptop case, in my desk at work...places like that.  My leakage issues are typically limited to the things I mentioned above; warm days or drastic altitude changes.  When a tank starts to leak, I wrap a shop rag around the air holes or slots and blow into the tank to blow out the liquid that has leaked.  After that, I fire the mod to heat the coil and simultaneously blow.  That will burn off any liquid that didn't get blown out.  Then I return to my regularly scheduled vaping session.

Preventing leaks in the first place is key, as you know.  Keeping your tanks in good working order (regularly inspect O-rings and gaskets, check glass integrity, proper installation of coils, etc.), don't over-fill, keep tanks upright (even the best tanks will leak when they are on their side), and keep in mind that thinner liquids are going to be more prone to leaking will help prevent leaks from happening in the first place.

This was all very helpful!  Thank you for elaborating on the issue!  Now I know what to do to fix any leakage in case it happens!