Dropped batt in water

henk

Hi guys my battery was empty so i walk to the table while i screw my tank of the battery and the battery slips out of my hand right into my gf's glass of water that was standing on the table. The battery is a regulated one, the cuboid mini. The battery was empty when it fell in the water, do you guys think i can let it dry and still use it? Do i need to be affraid of corrosion or so? Exploding? Looking forward to your answers :) thanks guys

Sent from my SM-G935F using The Vapor Talk mobile app

You should be able to let it dry and it will probably work.  Some people will put small gadgets in a bag of rice to help with the drying but then you have to deal with making sure you get all the rice out.  I've heard of folks putting things on top of something like a computer that blows out a bit of warm air as well.  Obviously the mod would have to be dry to the point of not dripping in the computer.  Let it dry for at least a day.  The last thing you want to do is apply power to the unit while there is still moisture inside. 

First off you're confusing "battery" with "mod". The battery is the round cylindrical thing that goes inside a mod, which, for you is the cuboid mini -- except the battery is non-removable in your case. Just to make sure I've got it right, your entire mod fell into the glass of water. Is this correct? If so, I would remove the battery out of the cuboid mini, open everything up and set out to air dry for several days -- just to be on the safe side. Since this is an electronic device I wouldn't want to try to fire it up until I was absolutely sure everything was dry first.

And... I should look up the device in question before I go offering advice. The cuboid mini has a built-in 2400 mAh battery so there's nothing to remove other than the tank. I would still recommend you let it sit out to dry for a day or three before trying to fire it up again.

In case this is your only mod, this would be where I make a strong recommendation that you get a back up. We always recommend having lots of back ups just for these types of situations. Things happen and you don't want to be without a device, a tank, an extra charger, some more coils, extra juice, etc. Get back ups. And back ups of your back ups. You can never have too many when things start to go wrong.  :) 

Edited by Tam
Because I didn't check out the device before typing. >__<;

2 hours ago, Janeydoe said:

And lol @ backups for the backups, wouldn't hurt to back them up...

We always tell new vapers to get back ups, and back ups of back ups. They may listen... sort of... but don't get enough. Then, we hear about something going wrong with their tank, with the two coils they have, with... whatever. And then we hear them say, "Wow, you guys were on to something when you said to get lots of back ups." The only time we don't hear this is when the new vaper takes us seriously and does what we recommend. Then, we hear, "I'm SO glad I listened to you guys..."  LOL