rx200 problem

So someone just gave me a rx200 with a tfv4 mini tank and a tf-clp2 0.35 coil. I have bought new batteries and coils for it and I set it all up but I'm getting the no automizer msg Everytime I try to fire it. I've checked and cleaned both the tank and mods 510 threads and posts and everything is fine with them. I've also tried screwing the tank in slightly less than tight and several other trouble shooting problems that I have found online but with nothing working. If someone could please help me out with this I'd be very grateful.

This may seem like a silly question, but did you charge the batteries? Sometimes, even new batteries need to be charged before using. Also, I would check the connection point. Some coils don't reach as low as needed to make a good connection to the center pin. Other times, even floating center pins get pushed down too far.

I charged my batteries in my external charger completely beforehand. And how should I go about checking to see if my coil is going down far enough? Because I have it screwed in as far as it will go also the mod was working fine with the same coil and tank before it was given to me.

I know we're all just guessing at this point...

have you looked to make sure you don't have an extra o-ring in the base or some other obstruction preventing the coil from seating properly? 

Or, maybe the coil is grinding and not seating all the way down?

i don't know.  Has all the earmarks of a coil not seating properly.  All it takes is a little cross-threading and you think it's down or something. 

Well I mean I drained the tank took it apart and put it back together and I'm still getting the same thing 😑... U don't think it could be a mod problem do u? cuz it is a lil old and weatherd looking.

Do you have a meter?

put your tank together. Probe the center post on the 510 and the threads.  Does it give you a resistance?  If it does, it's not the tank and coil.

did you "reboot" the mod? Reboot it with tank on and off.  

14 minutes ago, Bebop said:

Do you have a meter?

put your tank together. Probe the center post on the 510 and the threads.  Does it give you a resistance?  If it does, it's not the tank and coil.

did you "reboot" the mod? Reboot it with tank on and off.  

No I don't have a meter. And I did probe the post on the tank and it didn't have any give to it but the one on the mod moves slightly up and down. And if by reboot u mean 5 clicks on and off it didn't make a difference.

Edited by spyro

I don't have a TFV4, so don't really know how they go together, but they are probably very similar to most other subtanks, the coil doesn't actually contact the mod pin there is a pin in the tank base that makes contact between the coil and the mod pin. sometimes this pin needs to be pushed up into the base before putting in a new coil so it can make contact with the coil when the coil is screwed into the base.

I had this happen a few times, and its a easy fix. just remove or back the coil off a little and push the pin in the base in, and retighten the coil. sometimes you have to pull the pin in the mod up a little also.

4 minutes ago, FXRich said:

I don't have a TFV4, so don't really know how they go together, but they are probably very similar to most other subtanks, the coil doesn't actually contact the mod pin there is a pin in the tank base that makes contact between the coil and the mod pin. sometimes this pin needs to be pushed up into the base before putting in a new coil so it can make contact with the coil when the coil is screwed into the base.

I had this happen a few times, and its a easy fix. just remove or back the coil off a little and push the pin in the base in, and retighten the coil. sometimes you have to pull the pin in the mod up a little also.

When u say push the pin in the base in do u mean the part of the tank that connects to the mod? because it doesn't move.

It won't move as long as the a coil is in the base, like I said it happened to me before, and will probably happen again. these so called spring loaded mod pins loose pressure over time and don't have enough spring left in them to push the pin in the base against the coil. Coils seem to vary in length and a little bit can make a difference.

Could be something else too, just thought I might mention the base pin.

Edited by FXRich

5 minutes ago, FXRich said:

It won't move as long as the a coil is in the base, like I said it happened to me before, and will probably happen again. these so called spring loaded mod pins loose pressure over time and don't have enough spring left in them to push the pin in the base against the coil. Coils seem to vary in length and a little bit can make a difference.

It worked! Yay! Ty so much!