okay y'all

Foofightervapegirl

so I'm putting this here because I'm soon to get a Griffin 25 plus rta. now my boyfriend has made me two coils,kanthal a1,24 guage. six wraps each, it's what he uses in his griffin,but he saw the 25 plus, and thought it would be easier for me. it took him all of and I'm not kidding two minutes. so I have the coils made up and he gave me plenty of organic cotton. with this build it clocks in at .3.....any advice before I take the plunge? I'm getting the coil master v3 kit as well.

11 hours ago, Foofightervapegirl said:

so I'm putting this here because I'm soon to get a Griffin 25 plus rta. now my boyfriend has made me two coils,kanthal a1,24 guage. six wraps each, it's what he uses in his griffin,but he saw the 25 plus, and thought it would be easier for me. it took him all of and I'm not kidding two minutes. so I have the coils made up and he gave me plenty of organic cotton. with this build it clocks in at .3.....any advice before I take the plunge? I'm getting the coil master v3 kit as well.

My advice - don't let yourself get locked in on the 24 gauge, 6 wrap dual at .3 ohms.  Wire is cheap.  Experiment with different gauges, different id's (inside diameters), different wrap numbers, etc.  You may find you like a dual 7 wrap with 26 gauge around the 3mm coil jig which would clock in at about .5 ohms or you may find you like a dual 5 wrap with 24 gauge around the 2.5mm coil jig, which would clock in at about .2 ohms.  

Have fun and experiment.  Watch a lot of videos, pay attention to instruction and make sure you only work when direct adult supervision is present.

• 2 weeks later...