VERY scary Wesite gives out YOUR information

Hey  All,

I got a notification about the FAMILY TREE NOW website that is putting your very private information all over the web. I looked into it and chose to opt out. I'm very cautious with my personal information and was terrified that anyone could gain access to my addresses and such for the last 10+ years including my current one.

Here's a link to the article from Military.com and towards the bottom is the instructions on how to opt-out.

Thought I'd share because it's scary especially if you're a single mom with teenage daughter. It really freaked me out that this was out there.

Link HERE

http://spousebuzz.com/blog/2017/01/opt-out-of-familytreenow.html

Edited by Edna
add links

Interesting. It's a brave new world that we're living in. I consider myself to be a fairly private person. I recall when I was doing videos with Sean back in the day, someone stopped by the house to say "hey." Keep in mind this was when my daughter was just born. (Why would anyone think this was ok?) 

Needless to say, I wasn't too friendly. He found my address online and thought he could come hang out lol. (Save it for the VT office) 

Thanks

I have friends in the Special Forces and one contacted me to let me know that this website compromised him. With that I took it VERY seriously. I removed my adult kids and their wives as well as my elderly parents too. I can't believe this is legal. It's a disaster waiting to happen. Someone with nefarious intentions will take advantage of the information and I pray it's not someone who can't defend themselves.

9 hours ago, Tam said:

@Edna Thank you for putting this up. How scary that they had so much information...

No problem :) Normally I'm not an alarmist but this scared the you know what out of me.