What tanks do you suggest for me

Patricia

For the SSOCC coils...  I prefer 1.2 Ohm, which are Nichrome (as well as the 1.5 Ohm coils), and never had any issue with burnt lips, even with higher Wattage and/or short drip-tip.  The SS versions (with pink o-rings) are really good for Temp-control, but not great for Wattage-mode.  I prefer SS for TC, over Ni200 coils.  The Claptons are meh... again, my opinion, lol

NAME OF COIL

WIRE MATERIAL

COLOR OF SEALS

AVAILABLE RESISTANCE

WRITING ON COIL

MODE

NiCr

Nichrome

Red

0.15, 0.5, 1.2, 1.5

NC

Wattage

Ni200

Nickel

Blue

Ni

Temperature

SUS316

Stainless Steel

Pink

SS

Temperature/Wattage

Clapton

Kanthal

Black

Clapton

Wattage

@Earthling789 Is that color code universal, or just for the Kanger coils?

Oh, weirdness happened here today.  Well, first off, it's best if I completely empty my Crown 2 before trying to change the coil.  Secondly, I had been vaping a .25 SS coil on wattage mode.  When I changed the coil, the only other one I had was .5, and that's much hotter, even on wattage mode, it seems.  Or it may just be my imagination.

Edited by spydre

20 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

For the SSOCC coils...  I prefer 1.2 Ohm, which are Nichrome (as well as the 1.5 Ohm coils), and never had any issue with burnt lips, even with higher Wattage and/or short drip-tip.  The SS versions (with pink o-rings) are really good for Temp-control, but not great for Wattage-mode.  I prefer SS for TC, over Ni200 coils.  The Claptons are meh... again, my opinion, lol

NAME OF COIL

WIRE MATERIAL

COLOR OF SEALS

AVAILABLE RESISTANCE

WRITING ON COIL

MODE

NiCr

Nichrome

Red

0.15, 0.5, 1.2, 1.5

NC

Wattage

Ni200

Nickel

Blue

Ni

Temperature

SUS316

Stainless Steel

Pink

SS

Temperature/Wattage

Clapton

Kanthal

Black

Clapton

Wattage

Earthling you are the BEST. You went above and beyond giving me all that great information. I have a little book started where I copy and paste your and Tams information and print it out so I can refer back to it. Thank you so much! I think I'm going to go with the Protank 4s with the SS 0.5 coils and the Eleaf iStick 40 watt mods. I could not find any 50 watts. Have a great day!

20 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

NAME OF COIL

WIRE MATERIAL

COLOR OF SEALS

AVAILABLE RESISTANCE

WRITING ON COIL

MODE

NiCr

Nichrome

Red

0.15, 0.5, 1.2, 1.5

NC

Wattage

Ni200

Nickel

Blue

Ni

Temperature

SUS316

Stainless Steel

Pink

SS

Temperature/Wattage

Clapton

Kanthal

Black

Clapton

Wattage

Earthling you are the BEST. You went above and beyond giving me all that great information. I have a little book started where I copy and paste your and Tams information and print it out so I can refer back to it. Thank you so much! I think I'm going to go with the Protank 4s with the SS 0.5 coils and the Eleaf iStick 40 watt mods. I could not find any 50 watts. Have a great day!

It's still all so confusing so please don't shoot me but is the SS 0.5 coils what you would suggest for me?

Edited by Patricia
I forgot to ask a question

2 hours ago, Patricia said:

Earthling you are the BEST. You went above and beyond giving me all that great information. I have a little book started where I copy and paste your and Tams information and print it out so I can refer back to it. Thank you so much! I think I'm going to go with the Protank 4s with the SS 0.5 coils and the Eleaf istick 40 watt mods. I could not find any 50 watts. Have a great day!

It's still all so confusing so please don't shoot me but is the SS 0.5 coils what you would suggest for me?

The SS 0.5 Ohm coils are good for Temp-control, but if you're going to use Wattage-mode, the SS coils may be a little warm for you, so I would suggest the 1.2 or 1.5 Ohm Nichrome coils for Wattage-mode use.

The 40W-TC mod from eLeaf has a built-in 2600mAh battery and doesn't support SS coils for TC mode (only support Ni200 coils), and I've no experience with them.  Their 50W mods are strictly Wattage-mode.  So... If you're looking for a mod with TC-mode that supports SS coils, I think you'll need to look at something different, and I think you'll have to move to a higher-power and slightly more expensive mod to find one that supports SS coils in TC mode.  Sorry, I don't have a list of those that support SS in TC mode :(

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:14 AM, Earthling789 said:

The SS 0.5 Ohm coils are good for Temp-control, but if you're going to use Wattage-mode, the SS coils may be a little warm for you, so I would suggest the 1.2 or 1.5 Ohm Nichrome coils for Wattage-mode use.

The 40W-TC mod from eLeaf has a built-in 2600mAh battery and doesn't support SS coils for TC mode (only support Ni200 coils), and I've no experience with them.  Their 50W mods are strictly Wattage-mode.  So... If you're looking for a mod with TC-mode that supports SS coils, I think you'll need to look at something different, and I think you'll have to move to a higher-power and slightly more expensive mod to find one that supports SS coils in TC mode.  Sorry, I don't have a list of those that support SS in TC mode :(

How about the Pioneer4You IPV4S 120W TC? Its $50.00 but I think it will support the SS coils and I changed my mind to 1.2 ohm. Sound good to you with the Protank 4s?

From what I understand the most versatile mod for TC is the Hohm mod, it will handle any type of coil, but I have settled on Kanger for TC, most Kanger TC mods support Ni, Ti, SS, and NiCr. I haven't seen any discussion on using Nichrome for TC, but I have tried it, and it does work when using the NiCr setting. 

12 minutes ago, FXRich said:

From what I understand the most versatile mod for TC is the Hohm mod, it will handle any type of coil, but I have settled on Kanger for TC, most Kanger TC mods support Ni, Ti, SS, and NiCr. I haven't seen any discussion on using Nichrome for TC, but I have tried it, and it does work when using the NiCr setting. 

Interesting, I didn't think the Kanger 75W-TC mod handled SS or NiCr coils?  I have one that came with my TopBox Kit, and have only been using it in Wattage-mode, but I guess I need to check the instructions to check on SS and NiCr support :) 

2 hours ago, Patricia said:

How about the Pioneer4You IPV4S 120W TC? Its $50.00 but I think it will support the SS coils and I changed my mind to 1.2 ohm. Sound good to you with the Protank 4s?

@Squid is correct, the IPV4s doesn't support SS unless there has been a firmware update I'm not aware of?  I don't have one, mostly because when they came out, they were only supporting Ni200 coils, which don't taste right to me, and they were WAY expensive when they were first released.  As for the 1.2 Ohm NiChrome coils, those are great for flavor and produce decent vapor at 14-18W.  And if you're using those, TC-mode is not even relevant, as they will work fine on any mod that goes up to 20W (or obviously higher).

3 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Interesting, I didn't think the Kanger 75W-TC mod handled SS or NiCr coils?  I have one that came with my TopBox Kit, and have only been using it in Wattage-mode, but I guess I need to check the instructions to check on SS and NiCr support

I may be wrong, but I have only seen the NiCr mode available on Kanger mods, I have 2 75w 1 120w, and 2 160w, and they all have a NiCr mode.

OK, I think I've got the right combination now, but then again if I'm wrong let me know and I will try another formula Lol. Since I already have 3 of the Kanger Subox Nano kits all I really need to do is figure out the best coils and juice to stop the burnt lips. Yep, even with the Derlin drip tips it still happens any way. Thanks again . So I'm thinking the upgraded SS 1.2 coils should go well with this set up and I have a Gold Kanger SUBOX Mini-C Starter Kit  In my cart at the Vapor Talk store. Now just change my juice to 50vg/50pg and I should have the perfect set up. I've learned to wait until the Holidays to get my juice and the juice stores offer some great deals. Next month we have Columbus day and Halloween. If all looks cool now so if this looks like a great set up let me know and if I'm still off somewhere please let me know what I need to alter it. Thanks again yall!

2 hours ago, masonlvvy said:

if you hate sub ohm vape,recommend the flavor atomizer.

freemax starre pure and smok brit mini will be good options..

some reviewers say that starre pure is one of the best flavor tanks of 2016..

Thank you. From what I understand the Sub ohm is causing the heat that is burning my lips so your post is very helpful. And if everyone is saying that the starre pure is one of the best flavor tanks of 2016 I've definitely got to give that one a try because that is what is more important to me, flavor. I like clouds but without flavor I might as well be vaping air. Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Patricia said:

Thank you. From what I understand the Sub ohm is causing the heat that is burning my lips so your post is very helpful. And if everyone is saying that the starre pure is one of the best flavor tanks of 2016 I've definitely got to give that one a try because that is what is more important to me, flavor. I like clouds but without flavor I might as well be vaping air. Thanks again.

Patricia, I've found that even using 1.8 ohm coils can give you clouds as long as you are lung hitting instead of mouth to lung.  Even when I went sub ohm, I wasn't getting clouds, until I figured out direct lung hitting, and then I started making them.  It's cooler, too, but not by much.  I don't do it all the time, though, because a lot of clouds (with my SO making clouds) reminds me of smokey room, which we got away from three years ago.