We got a little rain today

Here is a picture of my wife's car.

The water got up to just above the console.  The great thing is, she wasn't in it, and it and nearly everything inside can be replaced.  The only thing she lost that is irreplaceable was a family bible that was her mom's before she passed away.  It is drying, but were not sure if it will survive.

MelvasCar.jpg

Wow! I'm glad your wife is safe and wasn't in the car, Jason. Depending on how badly damaged the bible is, you might be able to get it rebound. If it's hand sewn, it might get a bit expensive but can be done. How are you guys handling all the water otherwise?

26 minutes ago, Tam said:

Wow! I'm glad your wife is safe and wasn't in the car, Jason. Depending on how badly damaged the bible is, you might be able to get it rebound. If it's hand sewn, it might get a bit expensive but can be done. How are you guys handling all the water otherwise?

To be honest it is a very cheap bible.  My wife's family was Catholic and switched to a Baptist church just a few years before they passed away. (one year to the day apart)  It was her mom's first bible.  It is just the sentimental value.

That is the funny thing about our area, it is mostly gone.  We never get this much rain in a short period and the drainage can't keep up.  We are expecting more tonight, then a chance tomorrow and Friday.

I think the thing that makes me the maddest is that no one told her. 7 cars in the lot got water in the interior, but my wife's was the worst.  With 200+ employees, you think someone would have noticed.

38 minutes ago, Compenstine said:

OH MY! jawdrop.gif Glad she is ok!!!

She is fine, a little sad, but handling it pretty good.

My friend who also lives in the same city as you just posted pictures of her back yard... underwater... but so far the water hasn't risen to the point of coming inside. She complains a lot about the lack of drainage when heavy rains hit.

Oh my...I'm so glad your wife's alright...she must be so upset.

We're water logged too my front yard is like a lake.... It's been coming down in buckets.....I'm in the Mckinney area

I'm so sorry about your wife's family bible. I pray it dries ok and can be saved.

Hang in there it's supposed to stop raining on Sunday :unsure: (maybe)

22 hours ago, Tam said:

My friend who also lives in the same city as you just posted pictures of her back yard... underwater... but so far the water hasn't risen to the point of coming inside. She complains a lot about the lack of drainage when heavy rains hit.

She is correct.  They have had trouble all of my life with it.  I live in a small town, 26 miles away and it is much better here.  Like the saying goes we get 20 inches a year, and you should be here the day we get it!

22 hours ago, Compenstine said:

It would have been nice for someone to say something. However, If they would have told her, there may have been a chance that she could have gotten trapped. Double edge sword there...

True!  My wife is definatly the type that would have waded out there...  The fire department luckily had it blocked off.

3 hours ago, Edna said:

Oh my...I'm so glad your wife's alright...she must be so upset.

We're water logged too my front yard is like a lake.... It's been coming down in buckets.....I'm in the Mckinney area

I'm so sorry about your wife's family bible. I pray it dries ok and can be saved.

Hang in there it's supposed to stop raining on Sunday :unsure: (maybe)

Those pictures were taken in Lubbock.  The forecast shows it has moved out for the next 10 days.  I will never gripe about rain, but I am ready for it to clear out.  The bible is drying out pretty good.  It is definitely damaged, but salvageable.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone!