Stuck base on KangerTech Pro Tank 2

For several weeks now I have not been able to get the base off of my KangerTech Pro tank 2, and i have been able to refill the tank by unscrewing the glass but i need to get to the coil because a) it's very burnt out, easy to tell that, and b ) it's flooded. I've tried twisting a rubber band around the part that unscrews the base from the tank, but it didn't help. I've tried everything i can think of like pliers, having strong guys try it..

What can i do?! Please help me!

tank.jpg

Edited by NewlyVapeLover

1.  Try freezing it for a few minutes

2. Wrap a post it note around base, sticky side down.  Works better than rubber band. Wash and dry hands well before trying.

3. Put slight amount of pressure in (counterintuitive) instead of out , in other words, press it together as you twist instead of pulling it apart as you twist.

4.  Might be cross threaded? That could be a problem.

4 minutes ago, Bebop said:

1.  Try freezing it for a few minutes

2. Wrap a post it note around base, sticky side down.  Works better than rubber band. Wash and dry hands well before trying.

3. Put slight amount of pressure in (counterintuitive) instead of out , in other words, press it together as you twist instead of pulling it apart as you twist.

4.  Might be cross threaded? That could be a problem.

Freezing it? and by press together you mean like squeeze it?

Freezing contracts the metal and if you're lucky the two parts will contract differently and they may come apart.  Its a little trouble, but you could also try running glass end of base under very hot water taking care not to heat up knurled base. 

Press like you would to open a child safety cap - towards the bottle instead of away from the bottle (counterintuitive).

I have that problem all the time mostly because I have arthritis in my fingers so I keep a pair of small pliers handy to loosen it up then do the rest with my fingers. Good luck.

11 hours ago, NewlyVapeLover said:

Freezing it? and by press together you mean like squeeze it?

When Bebop said to press it together he's telling you to push the base (bottom part of the tank that you're trying to get off) toward the top of the tank and then twist.  :)