Jasitala says Hello

Jasitala

Introducing myself to the vaping community. My name's Rose, but I prefer Jasitala here. I've been vaping for about a year and 4 months.  It did help me quit smoking (immediately, since I quit smoking and started vaping the same day and never looked back)

I am here because I could use a little help with coils. I love making big clouds, but I never know what ohms to make my coils. Right now, I am using a fishbone plus on my aspire pegasus 70w.  The wires I have is 28 and 26 gauge kanthal.  I have a .28 in there now and it just isn't making the clouds I like.

Anyways, Glad to be here, and hope everyone is having a marvelous afternoon!

As far as making clouds, it has more to do with the PG/VG ratio than what ohm coil you use. The more VG you use the more clouds you will have. I personally use a 30PG 70VG mix but some people prefer a 20PG 80VG mix for cloud making. But you also have to consider wicking, some tanks do not wick well with the higher VG juices, also if you use a dripper the wicking is not a issue.

I don't use drippers so I can't be much help to you, maybe someone here that knows a lot about drippers will help you. Personally I use 28g SS316 wire for coils, they seem to get hot faster than Kanthal, but that's just my opinion, I'm not a cloud chaser, I usually use coils between 1.0 ohm and 0.5 ohm, and can get pretty good clouds using a sub ohm tank.

Couple things to look at-

1) coils smothered with juice and can't keep up. Especially if coils are old or have build up. At .28 ohm you should be comfortanle pushing 60 watts or more. 

2) airflow.  The air holes must be lined up correctly with the coils. And you need lots of airflow for clouds. If the airflow is not lined up correctly you won't get clouds.

3) battery output. Your close to maxed out on that mod. Verify you have batteries that can keep up.

4) hot spots on the coil.  If the coil isnt getting even current it is not efficient and won't produce clouds. With the cap off berify coils heating up evenly. 

2 hours ago, Jasitala said:

I am using organic cotton I bought from walgreens.  The fishbone plus has top airflow or something? nothing like I've ever owned before. Doesn't have holes on the sides, and not adjustable :/

I suspect that your coil position may be bad.  I spent a little time trying to find a build. It looks like the airflow comes from the top down across the coils then back up the chimney thru the mouth piece. It's a design I am not used to.  But it looks like the position of the inner piece relative to the coils is critical.  If your coils are positioned correctly make sure the top air shafts are positioned over the coils.  I will try to find a good picture but they are hard to come by lol.

This guy does a nice hi def video.  At about the 7min mark you can see the position of the coils.  Hopefully it matches your build.  Good luck.  :)