mechanical mod settings

hotrod351

Yep, your settings are  ON or OFF, lol... the only true settings are in the resistance of your coil-builds, and if you go below 1.0 Ohms, you should be using a really really good battery.  Amp-ratings of your battery are very important, as well as an Ohm-meter, when working with a mechanical mod.

2 hours ago, hotrod351 said:

well then its takes some study to start using one. reading about what is a good ohm for your coil, then what amp and battery type to use.

Not necessarily. You can use a regular tank on a mech mod, I have a Kanger Pro Tank 2 with a 1.8 ohm coil on my Magneto. It also works well with the K100 and my other... shiny, silver mech mod. Damn! Too many freakin' toys around here that I can't keep track of their names or what I have.  :lol:

If you're using a sub tank or an RBA/RTA with a mech mod, that's when it becomes very important to know Ohm's Law, have an ohm meter, know about batteries and amps and...

Edited by Tam

i started out with the cheap battery/charger kit you can get on ebay for $12.00 and a itaste 134 mini,  wanted to make sure i was going tot stay with this, then moved up to Efast batteries and a Efast charger, along with a itaste 134 with a iclear 30 / 2.1 ohm. i have the setting at 8 watt, on both units. so now is i had a mech mod with a 2 ohm coil and a efast 18650 / 35 amp battery, well what is being regulated when i hit the button, i mean its going to get full power, isnt it. now is this where i do my figuring,  says a 1.5 ohm coil then figure what amp battery i need ?

With a fully charged battery (4.2V max), you would have the following, based on the coil resistances you listed:

2.1 Ohm = 8.4W at 2.0A
2.0 Ohm = 8.8W at 2.1A
1.5 Ohm = 11.8W at 2.8A

As you can see, even a "cheap" battery can handle these Amp ratings (although I'd still not recommend using a "cheap" battery, period), and your 35A Efest batteries won't break a sweat with those loads.  To break 10A at 4.2V, you'd need to have a coil resistance built down to 0.4, and that would only be 10.5A and 44.1W