Super noob. Please help.

Doozey45

Hey guys and girls. I'm super green to vaping. I just quit tobacco 3 days ago and I'm craving nicotine bad so I figured jump in to vaping. However, I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing. Would someone mind teaching me? I usually teach my self but every time I try to research I see all these terms and comparisons to other vaping devices which I have no idea. I've done enough research to know that I'm interested in the itaste svd. And mg of nicotine I would want. But I have stupid questions like. How do I use it. How do I maintain it. How long do batteries last for. When you Vape how many times do you do it? to get the nicotine level you need. Just once? Or is it like a cigeratte? Does it come with a tank or do I need to find a tank.. Pretty much everything I would need to know. I really appreciate any one even taking the time I reading this , thank you.

Following is MY opinion and MY opinion ONLY.  For someone just starting out vaping, the setup you're interested in seems to have quite a learning curve.  Tons of very good information can be had from the guys n gals on this forum, but a response to a question may take longer than you need.  When I, and quite possibly the majority of everyone else, started down the vape path I/we started with beginners equipment to learn what this vape scene was all about and figure out what kind of equipment I thought I wanted to end up with.  My "wants" changed a few times along the way to what I settled in with and still use to this day.  MY advice would be to find a local vape shop and spend some hands-on time with someone you can have a face-to-face with and get all your questions answered at one time before spending money on high end equipment you will still most likely have to figure out along the way to your personal sweet spot.  Since you're just now quitting smoking and looking to vapeing to satisfy your nic cravings, the learning period for the SVD could prove very frustrating and expensive.  Start simple, inexpensive, learn, then decide. 

"My opinion. I could be wrong."

I do not envy the new vaper these days.  In only 2 1/2 years the market has gotten so much more complicated than when I started.   I like your advice Aufin. We grew up with the changes but someone new has dozens and dozens of options more than we had and a lot of those options require a bit of experience before taking advantage of them. It's a wonder these complications don't turn some people off of vaping.  

Many of our "sticky" threads that contain definitions and descriptions of devices probably need a serious upgrade.

my advice is buy a simple kit - a basic ego battery and a refillable tank and a bunch of coils and get started.  You can find that kit right here at VT.  Then, take the time to visit a good brick and mortar store and have somebody friendly show you the options available.  You don't have to go complicated to get started. 

The noobie should probably stay away from high watt, direct to lung, high airflow devices at first as these are way different than regular smoking and the noob is more likely to want something that simulates real smoking at first.  In fact many of us still use these simple devices for their simplicity.