Looking for input (help!)

Bakbar91

Hi! I quit smoking the day I went to the local vape shop and purchased my first goodies. I went into it a little naive and knowing absolutely nothing about the equipment/liquids, etc. The first store I went to, I bought the eleaf iStick 50w. They also gave me an SD4 tank (SD4 is a bottom coil, dual coil clearomizer with 1.8 ohm resistance and 1.8 mL capacity tank). Getting to the point-- is this combo okay? Some people have made comments about how it's  an overkill and a sloppy combo.. I have no complaints with it besides that the coil burns out so quickly and the true taste of my liquid disappears and is replaced with a harsh.. Unpleasant burnt taste. I have it set at 7 w.. I love the way it hits and it helps me when I'm craving a cigarette.. I also have an arctic tank.. It's more to play with because it doesn't really help with my cravings.. Anyways- any input is appreciated! :)

Nothing wrong with vaping at 7w. 

For sure the eleaf gives you plenty of options to try just about any tank you like.

And you can get more performance if you want it. 

If it's not handling your cravings I'd look at nicotine content first.

There's no such thing as a sloppy combo or overkill -- if it works for you, that's all that matters. I have several Eleaf iStick 50W and use them with all sorts of combinations. One of my favorites is using an old Kanger Pro Tank II with a 1.8 ohm single coil. That might be termed overkill to some but it makes me happy. On others I have a Russian 91%, Aspire Triton 2, Kanger Subtank mini... The Triton 2/iStick 50 combo is at 1.8 ohm coil and 7.2W, in the beginning when I'm breaking in the coil, I go even lower on power and work slowly upward.

Listen to Bebop, he's wise in the ways of the vape.

Welcome to Vapor Talk.  :)

Edited by Tam
I need to learn how to type -- "slopping" indeed. lol

Bak, whatever works for you is what you should use.  You'll find there is a small learning curve when you first start vaping.  Take the time to figure out what vaping is all about, get used to and comfortable with your equipment so you can stay off smokes and you should be fine.  Don't get too wound up about someone's "opinion" of your setup.  Instead, enjoy what you spent your money on. Once you're settled in and comfortable with vaping, then you'll probably want to explore other equipment setups. If/when you want good advice, you can't go wrong right here. Be picky about the shop you frequent, too. Too many shops want you to just buy something and leave.  Make sure you know everything there is to know about what you're buying before you leave.  You've probably already figured out the combinations, equipment and lingo can be mind-boggling to a beginner. You'll be just fine. 

Talk about overkill, I sometimes cruise around with an eleaf 20 topped off with a full size Nautilus. My attitude..... Works for me.  If you don't like it, don't look at it.