Aspire Vertical Coils

Finally got in my coils (only had 4 to start and have 5 tanks in rotation) and went to fill my wifes tank and the weirdest thing happened. Even though the tank had the extra 6mm piece that allows use of the BVC and BDC is on it the coil flooded it immediately. I thought I did something wrong and did it again after cleaning everything with the same result. Then I pulled out one of my newer ones and the base that the coil screws into, not the extra ring, is different. The hole is bigger and the coil sits too far down into it allowing it to flood at the top. Apparently I have two like that that will go into the "rainy day" box and will be replaced in 3-4 days lol.

Since they are only $7.55 right now I ordered 4 more so I have the updated bases lol. It just seems weird the tank would have the extra piece but a different base.

I am amazed I have been on the same coil and tank for a week now and the coil still tastes brand new and still reads exactly 1.6ohms as it is supposed to. I am converted, no more single coils for me unless a backup situation arises. I have enough left to put a box everywhere I frequent (work, boat, home, cars etc...) and not worry about backups.

The Davide base and the KPT2 base are interchangeable, The only reason I know is because I have switched them, and yes they are a little bit different. One day I was cleaning my tanks and after I had them reassembled I noticed my Davide mini had a dark base, and the KPT2 mini had a chrome base, but they both worked fine. You never know what the Chinese will do if they run low on parts.