Greetings

SatyrosDrakon

Hello all, I am fairly new to the world of Vapes, myself and my Fiancee just really got into it this past week or so, she had tried it before with a really cheap E-Cig, but we found a place in town and she decided she wanted to try it, so we went in and ended up buying her a Kanger Tech EVOD Mega starter kit, needless to say a week later and now I also have one.

We talked to the guys a little when we bought my Evod about the difference between Drippers and the Evod style Vapes, I am interested in eventually getting into modding and building a really nice mechanical, though I need to spend a lot more time on this forum and in the shop learning before I advance, right now my question for anyone who wants to just toss out ideas, what can we do with the Evod kits, I researched some into what they were/are, but what all can we change on them before we start getting into the world of rebuildables and mechanical mods?

Welcome!

enjoy the evods. They served me well for a while. You can, however improve them slightly with a higher performance tank. Evod does have a dual coil tank that you will probably like (if that isn't what you got already)

i dont recommend mechanical mods, but that is just me. On a mechanical mod you do not have control other than the coil build.

but, a regulated mod, like the iStick 50 is awesome because you can then have a ton of options on tanks that allow you to get much more performance. Everything from a gentle flavorful vape to a cloud busting mouthful. 

Im sure you'll get lots of recommendations. 

Oops.  I see you got the Mega. Should be great performance for you for a while but your next step would probably be a regulated mod like the iStick.

Edited by Bebop

I'm with Bebop in recommending the iStick 50W but some people have had problems with them. Mine are still working very well with no issues. All nine of them.  :)

The iStick 50W would be my first choice, then an IPV mini version 2. I'm sure Earthling789 will be here shortly, he loves his Cloupers (@Earthling789). What you get depends on whether you want something with the battery integrated into the case or if you want to be able to remove the batteries to charge. We all have our favorites. My mechanical mods are all gathering dust these days, like Bebop said, you get much better control over heat and power with non-mechs. YMMV.  :D

WELCOME!

I'm with Bebop in recommending the iStick 50W but some people have had problems with them. Mine are still working very well with no issues. All nine of them.  :)

The iStick 50W would be my first choice, then an IPV mini version 2. I'm sure Earthling789 will be here shortly, he loves his Cloupors (@Earthling789). What you get depends on whether you want something with the battery integrated into the case or if you want to be able to remove the batteries to charge. We all have our favorites. My mechanical mods are all gathering dust these days, like Bebop said, you get much better control over heat and power with non-mechs. YMMV.  :D

Yes, I love my Cloupor minis, Tam :)  They're small, replaceable battery, and work like a charm.  I also recommend the IPV mini (V1 or V2) as well as the Wismec Presa 40W... they have a built-in battery pack, small, and are just as reliable and rugged as some of the much higher priced devices!

Your EVOD's are 3.7V only, so your next step (logically, as everyone has stated above) is to move to variable wattage / variable voltage devices to power your tanks.  The next step is to try different tanks and coil resistance / coil configurations to find what is best for YOU! 

Enjoy those EVODs... I still have my original EVOD, bought about 18 months ago, and still use it some today!

Mechanical Mods are fun, but limited to the power supplied by the battery, which gets lower and lower with each firing... which is why we recommend VV/VW mods for more control and consistency with every vape!

Yeah I looked around Kanger's site, saw there were a few mods for the EVOD, my dream though is to build a Dragon pipe, I have seen a few pipe mods but not exactly what I want, but it gives me ideas, so we'll see but thus far it's all been great info :) I don't have any Nico in my juice, it's all for flavor mostly so i'll have to keep playing with things to get set up where I want.

• 3 weeks later...