FDA Sponsored Poll Results

Just wondering - are they going to print caffeine warnings on all caffeinated beverage containers, too?  Since it's not the nicotine causing the cancer, I don't think they need to be doing it, IMO.

Okay, I'll give you that - keeping it away from children and pets - because if it's not marked on there explicitly and somehow some person in this country is vaping and doesn't know that nicotine DOES have a toxicity threshold, they'll be screaming they didn't know if their kid or their dog get a hold of it and get seriously ill or die, they'll be all over their local news talking about how no one warns you about things like this, and there will be a lawsuit - which is an expensive way to get a warning sticker slapped on something.  Every item you buy that has a common sense warning label on it is because someone DIDN'T have common sense, and took a company to court because they didn't "warn stupid people" - except for the companies that warn the stupid people (don't put a metal ladder up against a power line!) not to do stupid things (caution, surface will be hot!).

I'm sorry, I'm totally flipped out about the completely litigious society right now (yes, I used to be a legal secretary, but I moved out of personal injury - the worst of litigation - and was in the legal aid sector; okay, worker's comp is monetary litigation, but I believe in that - I saw workers' comp defense attorneys arguing over freaking $500 in a settlement of a claim, really, $500?).  Read an article about an aunt suing her 12 year old nephew because when he was 8 he went to greet her and jumped up for her to catch him in a hug and he knocked her down and broke her wrist.  Really, our courts are being used for that?

It's no more idiotic than the woman who successfully sued McDonald's for hot coffee. Common sense is not common at all anymore.

Ever look at the warning label on a hair-dryer?  "Do not use while sleeping"... Seriously, it's on there.... :rolleyes:

I agree on child-proof caps, warning notice to "keep away from children or pets"... "contains nicotine"... but some of the things the FDA are phishing for is insanity, and obviously a ploy to garner support for them to become the "label police" they want to be.  Personally, the industry should self-govern, and the government should NOT have a hand in the packaging or label specifications... it only gives them a foot in the door to be able to eventual control of the industry!