Need advise on Clearomizers

Patricia

That you all who answered my question about the David coils but now I need your advice on what kind of clearomizers you recommend and where to look for them. Also, what kind of coils go with them. I have bought a couple of Eleaf iStick 50 Watt batteries and an Eleaf Melo Tank. I love the batteries but this is the third time I have tried the SUB tanks and I do not like them. I keep going back to the what I think are called clearomizers. Tanks such as Protanks, Kanger EMOWS, ETC. Also, I like very colorful tanks, not just the plain clear ones. I saw on one site where I could buy an adapter that will let me use the type of tanks I prefer on the Eleaf iStick. I also saw some Protank 3s that were very colorful but only had 2 colors in stock and I even googled them and everyone seem to be out of stock. Maybe they have stopped making them? Well to make a long story longer If you have any suggestions on the type of tanks I am looking for would you please let me know along with what coils I should buy and the best places to find them. More then one place if you know of more because as I found out searching yesterday, if it is a popular item it is very likely to be out of stock. Thank yall in advance

When it comes to a "standard" tank, I do love my AeroTanks (V1 and V2).  You can get the colored glass for them... Sweet-Vapes is where I bought my last smoke-colored glass for mine, and they had a rainbow available (at the time).  The AeroTanks, KPT2, and KPT3 all use the same (size) glass section.  I prefer the air-flow controller of the AT-V2 better than the V1, but both work very well, and both use the Kanger dual-coils (BDC) which are available in resistance from 0.8 Ohms up to 2.0 Ohms.

The KPT2 (single-coil) can also use the Aerotank air-flow bases, so for $3-4 you can change your KPT2 or Davide tanks into Aerotanks, and still use the cheaper single coils.

The Nautilus and Nautilus mini are good (although I'm not a huge fan, mostly due to the price and how fragile they are), and you get good flavor from them without going sub-ohm.  BUT, the Nautilus, to my knowledge, does not have colorful glass available.

The sub-tank mini and nano are available in colors (black, white, pink, and more are coming), and you can get coils for them up to 1.5 Ohm??  ( I can't remember off-hand, sorry).

But, for me, the price, reliability, and function of the KPT2 (with air-flow controller) or the AeroTanks cannot be beat... when you're talking about a basic tank.

The Kanger Pro Tank 2 is going for $15.00 in the Vapor Talk store, the Aerotank airflow base is $3.99, the Aerotank 2 is $27. If you go to Discount Vapers you will find a full Kanger Pro Tank 3 kit for $18.99 -- although they say you have to use the more expensive dual coils on the KPT3, I have had one for over a year and use the single coils just fine with no problem.

I looked through the Vapor Talk store and the I could only find clear tanks, nothing with color. I do love the Protank 2s and never tried the Protank 3s. It is good to know I can use the Protank 2 coils with the Protank 3s just in case I can find some colorful Protank 3s because I have a lot of left over Protank 2 coils. Thanks Tam.

I don't think Kanger will stop making the KPT2 and 3 for quite some time, they are too popular, but I suppose some retailers might stop selling them. There is probably a smaller profit margin in them compared to all the different subtanks that are on the market, and that's what a lot of retailers look at, the bottom dollar is what counts. I use mostly my subtank minis but I also use my KPT2 everyday usually when I watch TV or on the internet, I don't need big clouds blocking my view.

The KPT2 is the VW bug of the vape world.

Edited by FXRich

I don't think Kanger will stop making the KPT2 and 3 for quite some time, they are too popular, but I suppose some retailers might stop selling them. There is probably a smaller profit margin in them compared to all the different subtanks that are on the market, and that's what a lot of retailers look at, the bottom dollar is what counts. I use mostly my subtank minis but I also use my KPT2 everyday usually when I watch TV or on the internet, I don't need big clouds blocking my view.

The KPT2 is the VW bug of the vape world.

LMAO, but it is so true... they are the VW Beetle of vaping!

I noticed a lot of online retailers are starting to "close-out" the KPT2 and KPT3, as well as some of the other die-hard pro-tank and mini styles, but Kanger has NOT stopped making them (yet), so I think your assessment of cost-to-profit ratio is probably spot-on.