Second Samsung 25R down in as many months

Last month, I had one of the Samsung 25R's, which I bought in December, refuse to work.  It charged fine, but would not fire any of my devices.  Sitting on the desk for 2-days, and the charge dropped to 2.1V.  Meh, these things happen, right?  So, yesterday... one of the ones I bought in July (yes, I label them when I buy them) did the exact same thing.  Sitting on the desk overnight, and through the day today, and it reads 2.4V :(  The other batteries bought at the same time (5 in December, 4 in July) are still working perfectly.  Oh, and it's not a specific device killing them, as they are rotated and every battery sees time in every device through rotation.

These were bought from two different vendors, both reputable, and both are authentic (verified the stamps under the wrapper).

Anybody else experienced rapid failure or premature failure of their Samsung's?

Last month, I had one of the Samsung 25R's, which I bought in December, refuse to work.  It charged fine, but would not fire any of my devices.  Sitting on the desk for 2-days, and the charge dropped to 2.1V.  Meh, these things happen, right?  So, yesterday... one of the ones I bought in July (yes, I label them when I buy them) did the exact same thing.  Sitting on the desk overnight, and through the day today, and it reads 2.4V :(  The other batteries bought at the same time (5 in December, 4 in July) are still working perfectly.  Oh, and it's not a specific device killing them, as they are rotated and every battery sees time in every device through rotation.

These were bought from two different vendors, both reputable, and both are authentic (verified the stamps under the wrapper).

Anybody else experienced rapid failure or premature failure of their Samsung's?

I have had that happen with a Efest, but not a Samsung...yet.  I still feel like it is one of the best batteries for the money, but it sure makes you scratch your head.  I have 6 different (3 pairs) of LG's coming in later this week, just because I want to try them out.  I personally think if I buy any more 25R's they will have to be the green ones (R5), becuse they are the latest ones made and they are supposed to have more longevity (cycles). Here is the cheapest place I have found: ILLUMN 

Sorry for your loss....:(

Edited by jasonculp

Hmmmm.....funny that you mention this. 

Ive been been rotating MXJO 2500mah, efest 2800 mah, and LG H2 3000 mah 18650's

i just bought the LG's and been using for a month or so. They don't seem to have the mah rating they are marked with. And funny still, I swear they are discharging overnight. Yeah, I bought them at a reputable place.  I don't know, they don't seem to last.  They do work but they die pretty quickly. Can't explain it but they definitely aren't outperforming the other two......

This is where a date of manufacture would come in handy. It could be that they were old (not used) when you bought them? I don't have any Samsung, but this could be why they died early.

I totally agree, a date code would be excellent on these things!  Buying two side-by-side, and one may be a month old, one may be 2-yrs old...

Hmmmm.....funny that you mention this. 

Ive been been rotating MXJO 2500mah, efest 2800 mah, and LG H2 3000 mah 18650's

i just bought the LG's and been using for a month or so. They don't seem to have the mah rating they are marked with. And funny still, I swear they are discharging overnight. Yeah, I bought them at a reputable place.  I don't know, they don't seem to last.  They do work but they die pretty quickly. Can't explain it but they definitely aren't outperforming the other two......

The LG's are only 2500mAh, which could be why they aren't lasting as long as you think they should, although I will say my LG's don't appear to last as long as my Samsung's do, from day-to-day rotations.  They work very well, but if I start my day with a Samsung, I usually finish the day with it, swapping out sometime the next morning.  If I start my day with an LG, I'll still get a full day out of it, but usually swap it out much earlier in the morning than I would have to do with the Samsung, and they're the same mAh rating, same continuous discharge Amp-rating.  Perhaps it's because the LG's have a higher pulse-rating??  Or, perhaps we're both just imagining things? :D

I have had that happen with a Efest, but not a Samsung...yet.  I still feel like it is one of the best batteries for the money, but it sure makes you scratch your head.  I have 6 different (3 pairs) of LG's coming in later this week, just because I want to try them out.  I personally think if I buy any more 25R's they will have to be the green ones (R5), becuse they are the latest ones made and they are supposed to have more longevity (cycles). Here is the cheapest place I have found: ILLUMN 

Sorry for your loss....:(

Jason, I've been looking for the green ones, but everywhere I've looked only has the blue, even if they advertise green ones. 

Thanks for that link!  The next ones I buy will be the green R5's!!