Do the Mods/Admins have the ability too

Just a blanket question Christophe.r The site I admin if a topic pops up thats been recently started we just automatically merge them. No sense having a few  threads on the same thing

We'll sometimes do the same thing here but it depends. If two newbie's ask the same question for example, we usually leave them alone as it gives each user individual attention (that they might not otherwise get). It generally let's them know we want to answer their question rather than the question. On the other hand if a major event occurred, let's say the FDA created a new regulation and all of a sudden three topics were started in the general forum looking for answers, we might merge them to keep everyone in the loop and organized during the "freak out." Again though it just depends on the situation and whether or not it's called for. (There are also other times we might not catch a multi thread that needs merged and sometimes need a heads up)

Another thing is SEO. Multiple threads might ask the same type of question but may be asked differently. This helps us when indexing the site on Google. If two people search for the same thing asked two different ways, they might find a thread here on Vapor Talk they may otherwise have not had it not been for those two threads not being merged. 

Got ya  was curious about the same threads being started over and over and the same people having to answer the questions over and over.  Too me it would be better too merge the threads Hell Im guilty of starting new threads without searching first :)

Edited by cany

Got ya  was curious about the same threads being started over and over and the same people having to answer the questions over and over.  Too me it would be better too merge the threads Hell Im guilty of starting new threads without searching first :)

lol I think this is the case with every forum since the beginning of time. Nobody searches. I can't count how many questions I've answered either here on the board or in the support system that have been answered a thousand times over. But, noobs are just lookin' for a little love. If we merged them all I think there'd be 5 topics total :lol:

lol I think this is the case with every forum since the beginning of time. Nobody searches. I can't count how many questions I've answered either here on the board or in the support system that have been answered a thousand times over. But, noobs are just lookin' for a little love. If we merged them all I think there'd be 5 topics total :lol:

I hear ya  MY BAD SORRY :D:D