OBS T-VCT Tank (Caution - Image Heavy)

jasonculp

This is just my quick thoughts about the OBS T-VCT.

The packaging is amazing.  They did a good job making it look professional.  The manual is had very good pictures, which is a good thing, because the translation is not great.

Here is the packaging:

large.T-VCTunbox1.jpg.6f8660f8f849fc95bf

Here is the the tank, which came with 2 vertical coils.  The one installed is a .5 ohm and the spare is a .25 ohm.

large.T-VCTunbox2.jpg.4b8b9d5c1630aaefe1

This is the tank disassembled.  From left to right:  Drip Tip, Top Cap, .5 ohm coil, .25 ohm coil, Airflow Controller/Base, and the Tank/Juice Control.

T-VCTdisassembled.thumb.jpg.93cadde883d1

This is a shot looking down into the tank from the bottom.  It has a bar across the airflow that is supposed to prevent it from spitting. It seems to work pretty well.

large.T-VCTdisassembled2.jpg.fb75dd5be5d

This is a shot looking down at the tank with the Top Cap off.  The juice holes are large and the other side lets plenty of air out as you fill it.

large.T-VCTdisassembled3.jpg.98eb0488517

Here is the RBA section, which is purchased separately.

large.T-VCTrba1.jpg.fa6ee065cbc5b4bd79a7 

large.T-VCTrba2.jpg.80f72d4ecf5ffa802f86

Here it is wrapped with 10 wraps of 28 ga Ni200 on a 2.5mm coiler.  It is a little tricky to build on coming from a SubTank Mini and Lemo 2.  This thing is tiny.

large.T-VCTcoiled.jpg.4b8a87fd3ea6d5a614

I am not sure if I wicked it correctly as I cut the wicks short and made sure they cover the wicking holes in the side of chimney.  The chimney just pops into place and has a notch to make sure it is oriented properly.  I have not tried the factory coils, I will update later.

Pros:

Great machining with no machine oil.

Top Fill.

Holds a lot of juice. (6 ml)

Compact size.  The tank is not much bigger than a SubTank Mini.

Flavor seems great so far.

Good airflow.

Looks cool with the Alien Head.

Base has a huge plated contact for the coil.

Cons:

This thing came tightened so tight that I thought I was going to tear it up getting it open.

Glass is not removable or replicable.

Needs knurling on the very bottom ring to help grip when removing the tank.

Thanks!  It was kind of a PITA.  I think it will get easier with more experience (on this tank).  I thought I was going to have to go wake my wife up for a 3rd and 4th hand.  You forget how easy the SubTank mini is to build on.

Something strange, is my settings are so different.  I realize I went down in coil size, and up in wraps, but it has really changed things.  The ohms are actually showing exactly the same on my mod.  I was running the 450 degrees and 30 watts on the SubTank Mini.  I have to run this one at 40 watts just to get the 450 degrees.

I also have a Project Sub-Ohm SauceCode on the way, and it looks good, but the build deck looks even smaller!  The price was right though $29.99 with $3.00 off with a discount code.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines