Best Juice For A "traditional Taste And Feel"

Alucard

Hello one and all!

My name is Alucard and I have just entered into the world of e-cigs... I have just ordered my first e-cigarette kit. After doing some research (including a lot of help from browsing topics in this forum and Chris' youtube videos) I settled on a great deal they had at cignot.com for two joye 510's... They should be arriving either today or tomorrow and I'm excited to try this out... After reading to more depth in some threads here however it seems that the five cartridges included in my kit may not last as long as I had at first thought... So, I'll want to try refilling these carts (that is as possible and simple as it seems to me, right?) or direct drip once they run out... My question is what would the best juice be for someone like me that wants the taste of tobacco with a good solid throat hit... I checked out many of the suppliers websites (at Chris' direction to another noobie) but have not found a lot of reviews on specific juices... So what are your favorites and where can they be found? I also have another question... Although I have yet to vape I already know that vapor production is going to be a priority for me and the 510 seems to do a good job of this, but in Chris' most recent youtube video the VP Spade seems to do an amazing job... but what is the spade exactly? I ask this question because he said that it uses a 510 atomizer... unless 510 is a size and not a make... I'm slightly confused there... lol... I guess what I eventually want (if I get into this e-cig thing as much as I'd like to) is something around the size of the joye 510 (not as big as a pen-style but not a mini) that is going to produce a good amount of vapor and a good throat hit....

All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

-Alucard

I'm menthol so no help but wanted to say I thought your name is cute you bloodsucker!!!

Haha, thank you, most people don't get the reference :)... I have been known to smoke a menthol... What is your favorite menthol juice and where do you get it?

-Alucard

Hey Al, ( can I call you Al? ) Welcome to Vaportalk. I was just like you, and NEEDED to have a juice that tasted like my analogs ! Sorry Al, it doesnt exist. BUT, thats a good thing, because the juice tastes SOOOO much better once your tastebuds wake up again. I was a LOYAL, dedicated, hardcore Camel Wides smoker for 30 plus years. I tried EVERY suppliers Camel juice, to no avail. i tried Marlboro, Virginia, aint gonna match it. Now, the 510 is an AWESOME unit, great for beginners and vets alike, its what I vape with. As fr the juice, the reason you wont find one that resembles your tobacco, is because there is NO combustion with e juice, so you will never get that "burnt tobacco" flavor youre used to. At first, that REALLY bummed me out, and I wasnt sure if this vaping thing was gonna work. But trust me, give it a week ( if that long ), and youll be asking yourself WHY you ever smoked. If you try an analog, it'll taste like, well, real Camel juice (get it? ). What you have to do is trade off your flavor of regular brands, for the juice brand. Camel juice tastes different than Marlboro juice, so you might find that if you NEVER liked the taste of Marlboro with analogs, it might become your choice of juice. Personally, my favorite is 555. VaporTalk has a version called "Traditional Tobacco", which is the Dom Perignon of 555 ! Its also jokingly reffered to as "Keenans Private Stock" here on VaporTalk. It has great throat hit, and that is something youll have to test for yourself, as some work for some people but not for others. Hope this helped, and dont hesitate to ask any more questions, thats why we're here. Keep us posted on your progress ! :thumbsup:

Haha, thank you, most people don't get the reference :)... I have been known to smoke a menthol... What is your favorite menthol juice and where do you get it?

-Alucard

VaporTalk has a great Menthol. Im not trying to Hawk Vapor Talk , but thier juice is awesome !

-Alucard

VaporTalk Mentha is my fav. Unfortunately I'm down to zero nicotine (no throat hit, waaahhhh) and VT doesn't sell 0 nic yet so I'm in trouble. So I've been working with a combination of Ecopure Menthol from Innovapor (Vegetable Glycerin), Johnson Creek reduced PG Arctic Menthol and Janty Polar Mint (minty like candy) from DietSmokes.

And welcome to you...

Edited by FTJoe

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of vaping. It is a whole lot better than smoking ever was. And after a while vaping, you do wonder why you ever smoked - Keenan's right about that. I can't give advice about the juice because my taste buds really haven't come fully back to life yet. I am beginning to get "hints" of flavor now though. It doesn't bother me at all, because I just love to vape.

I think you made an excellent choice by going with the 510. It's my favorite. And I have tried several different models. I got my spade last week. It's basically a different kind of battery to use with your 510 atomizer. The one your kit will come with is a small battery that you screw into the charger to recharge. The Spade is like a "cover" that you slip regular looking batteries into. The Spade batteries charge on a charger, but you take them out of the "cover" to charge. Was that clear as mud or what? The batteries that come with the kit only hold a charge for a couple of hours, the Spade batteries last longer. The atomizer you'll get with your kit will fit on the Spade.

Now that I've probably completely confused you, I'll leave you to wonder why you ever asked in the first place. LOL Perhaps someone will come up with a better explanation soon.

Edited by nana

-Alucard

I've changed my avatar in honor of your handle...hopefully everyone can make it out. Reverse Vampire, invisible bike...

I've changed my avatar in honor of your handle...hopefully everyone can make it out. Reverse Vampire, invisible bike...

hahaha! very nice FTJoe! Thank you all for making me feel very welcome as a newcomer to the community... When I first discovered e-cigs two days ago never would have I imagined how many people would be active (and very friendly) in the community. Thank you all so far for your help and suggestions... I think that I'll order a 10ml mentha and a 10ml dulcis from the VT store today... How long does a bottle usually last you? I was a moderate smoker (1/2 pack per day)... if that helps you with an estimation...

-Alucard

I liked your other Avatar, but it freaked me out a bit. I just didn't know how to tell you. I like the new one too!

hahaha! very nice FTJoe! Thank you all for making me feel very welcome as a newcomer to the community... When I first discovered e-cigs two days ago never would have I imagined how many people would be active (and very friendly) in the community. Thank you all so far for your help and suggestions... I think that I'll order a 10ml mentha and a 10ml dulcis from the VT store today... How long does a bottle usually last you? I was a moderate smoker (1/2 pack per day)... if that helps you with an estimation...

-Alucard

I'm always mixing and matching, never actually got a feel for how long i would last. I will say my little 3ml bottle will last two or so days and I was about a pack a day smoker. But now that I kicked the physical addition, the mental which was always the one that beat me, seems to be winding down somewhat. Anyway, YMMV (your mileage may vary). Dulcis was very tasty and if you feel like going to the freaky side, people rave about the grape soda. Hopefully they'll have zero nic in a month or so.

I liked your other Avatar, but it freaked me out a bit. I just didn't know how to tell you. I like the new one too!

Shoiudl have said something - I was waiting for more folks to freak out about it. "Joker Cat - Why so serious!!!" Oh well, it's gone for now. Up is reverse vampire, you might be able to make out the bike in the mirror, but invisible in real life. Will change that out soon as not so freaky...

Shoiudl have said something - I was waiting for more folks to freak out about it. "Joker Cat - Why so serious!!!" Oh well, it's gone for now. Up is reverse vampire, you might be able to make out the bike in the mirror, but invisible in real life. Will change that out soon as not so freaky...

I had visions of my cat standing over me, while I slept, with that same joker face.

@Alucard - Welcome to the forum! I started out with the 510, it is a good choice. I do not use regular tobacco flavored liquid. The VT Dulcis is wonderful, you will like it. I have only tried one menthol flavor, it was from Awesome Vapor. I was surprised at the flavor, very nice. I would like to try the Mentha, lots of people seem to like it. Good luck to you. We are here to answer any of your questions and we are all very friendly. Sorry for hijacking your thread.

I had visions of my cat standing over me, while I slept, with that same joker face.

@Alucard - Welcome to the forum! I started out with the 510, it is a good choice. I do not use regular tobacco flavored liquid. The VT Dulcis is wonderful, you will like it. I have only tried one menthol flavor, it was from Awesome Vapor. I was surprised at the flavor, very nice. I would like to try the Mentha, lots of people seem to like it. Good luck to you. We are here to answer any of your questions and we are all very friendly. Sorry for hijacking your thread.

lol, no harm, no foul...

-Alucard

Hey, Alucard! Welcome to the vaping world! I'm going to get back on topic and answer some questions about tobacco flavored juice. Like Keenan said, there isn't any really. But, like you, I want something that taste similar or at the least, pleasing. So here's what I've discovered:

First, none of the juices that simulate cigarette brands are even remotely similar to the real thing. However, some of the tobacco flavors taste more like tobacco. Some even taste more like a cigar or pipe tobacco. They also range from mild to very strong. I haven't tasted the VT tobacco juice but I can tell you of a few that taste close. First is the Virginia that Arno sells at awesome vapor is a good, mild tobacco flavor. On the far end of the spectrum is the Johnson Creek juices. They have a very strong tobacco flavor and an awesome throat hit (burns a bit). You may want to try both of these and see if you like them.

Another good tobacco juice is from Jeff at wordup. I have a video review posted here several of their cigarette flavors. The Merit flavor has that odd taste that is similar to a real Merit. It's one of my personal favorites.

Once you get a bit more experience, you can start to mix your own juice. There is a ton of information on that here and it is super simple to do. Through trial and error I have come up with a juice that has just enough tobacco taste to satisfy me personally. I think that is really the best way to go for you eventually.

As for vapor production, the main element is the atomizer which basically boils the juice into a vapor. The 510 has a great atomizer design and puts out lots of vapor. Just remember that it will take awhile for the atomizer to break in to the point that it is generating maximum vapor. Usually, an hour or 2 at most will make it work properly. I just didn't want you to be disappointed when you first get your 510. Also, atomizers will eventually start to produce less vapor as they age. We generally keep 2 new ones on hand at all times since they do eventually stop working all together.

Hope that helps and remember we are all pulling for you!

My question is what would the best juice be for someone like me that wants the taste of tobacco with a good solid throat hit...

Dulcis is pretty good, I love Ry4 and 555. 555 has an exotic tobacco taste that is similar to analogs but tastes much better. Ry4 has a tobacco, caramel, and sweet taste to it. I thought I wanted the taste of tobacco also but soo realized flavors like camel and Marlboro weren't for me. Ry4 is one of my personal favorites.

I checked out many of the suppliers websites (at Chris' direction to another noobie) but have not found a lot of reviews on specific juices... So what are your favorites and where can they be found?

There has been a lot of discussion on the forum about what flavors people like, if you do a quick search I'm sure you'll find a plethora of flavors that people prefer. I vape 'Vapor Talk Grape Soda' 95% of the time. I love it, nothing really compares.

I also have another question... Although I have yet to vape I already know that vapor production is going to be a priority for me and the 510 seems to do a good job of this, but in Chris' most recent youtube video the VP Spade seems to do an amazing job... but what is the spade exactly? I ask this question because he said that it uses a 510 atomizer... unless 510 is a size and not a make... I'm slightly confused there... lol..

Per the Vaportalkstore.com, the spade is, "The Spade 510 Electronic Cigarette - Finally a better power source! The Spade is a custom 3.7 volt unit for the 510 atomizer. Using aluminum this model is much lighter than it's brother the VP1. Anodized sleek black. Not only does this unit offer longer battery life than a standard ecig but you can replace the batteries in the unit at anytime. Replacement batteries are half the cost of a normal electronic cigarette and unlike other modifications on the market this uses protected batteries. This just may be the last model you ever buy."

In a nut shell, the Spade is a 510 atomizer set on a larger, more powerful battery.

I guess what I eventually want (if I get into this e-cig thing as much as I'd like to) is something around the size of the joye 510 (not as big as a pen-style but not a mini) that is going to produce a good amount of vapor and a good throat hit....

If you want something the same size as the Joye 510 that is going to produce amazing vapor and throat hit then get the 510... Now if you said you wanted something the same size as the DSE901 with better vapor and better throat hit, then I could recommend the 510; but, the 510 is king of vapor. The higher end units like the vp2, Spade, and Protege are larger in size because of the battery modification but the vapor and throat hit they produce is unmatched. Good luck in your journey and welcome to the site.

Edited by NeRo9k

lol, no harm, no foul...

That was my bad. I have a post somewhere in regards to menthol flavors. Awsomevapor was nice and I mentioned the ones I mix. Some others not so nice. I think most people think the 555 flavor is a decent tobacco flavor when you run across it. I believe Janty makes a Camel and a Marlboro juice that one person I gave to said it tasted like tobacco. Again, not going to be much help. The janty was gotten from DietSmokes site.

Welcome! I've been on the 510 for about a week now and love it. Looks like there's not much left to be said. Like Keena, I've quickly become a big big fan of the VT Tobacco. As for throat hit, I was using 18mg juice and not getting much hit. I switch to the 24mg and it's got a nice hit. I'm vaping pretty heavy and in 4 days I've used about 7-8 ml. I was a 1 - 1/2 pack a day smoker.

Hey Alucard, just wanted to say welcome. I use 555 & RY1 for my tobacco flavored juice. I have yet to try Vapor Talk's Traditional Tobacco but I know keenan LOVES it.

Sorry that should have been "Exotic Tobacco" from Vapor Talk.