sub ohm vaping

BFD

What volts/watts did you start at? It might be that you burnt the wick? If so, that will continue to give off a burnt taste no matter how much you lower your volts/watts after. Also, if you burnt the wick, that burnt taste will also transfer to your juice so your juice will also retain that flavor. Just a thought.

Started at 15 watts give or take but someone told me kanger coils had silica wicks that do not burn until 1300 degrees or more but again im still a noobie and know 0 about sub ohming,thinking due to my huge impatience problem i didnt let the wick get wet enough?

Which Kanger coil did you use?  The OCC sub-ohm coils for the SubTank?  If so, they don't use silica, they use Organic Cotton (which will burn if you don't let them saturate).

Tam is correct... once you burn cotton, no matter what you do, it will give a burnt taste, and if you leave it in the tank a while, it will transfer that burnt flavor to the juice, and even a new coil won't help the flavor.  Best to dump the juice, clean the tank, and start with a fresh coil if that happens :(

Once you do what Earthling said (dump juice, clean tank, change coil), then let sit for at least a couple of minutes (five is playing it very safe), to let your wick absorb juice sufficiently.

Then, you start at the lowest setting. Vape. Not to your liking? Turn it up a LITTLE. Vape. Repeat until you get a slight burnt taste or a little bit of a harsher vape than you like, then back it down a notch.

Sorry for the miss understanding. Yes the sub ohm coils use cotton not Silica. But if the wick is Silica the burnt taste will not be the "wick" burning. It may be crusted with charred juice. Once this happens it will make the rest of the tank taste burnt even if you put in a new coil. Even with a cotton wick once you burn it it it will taint the juice in the tank.

Not sure what bdc stands for but mine look like earthlings pic .8ohm so silica or cotton?Ah dual bottom coil dbc

Edited by BFD

Started at 15 watts give or take but someone told me kanger coils had silica wicks that do not burn until 1300 degrees or more but again im still a noobie and know 0 about sub ohming,thinking due to my huge impatience problem i didnt let the wick get wet enough?

1300 Dgrs   yow Im scared to go to 600