SMK Flagship help

I'm reasonably new to the next step of vaping - mods etc. I've been using ego and similar devices and wanted to get a view and involved in the mod world.

After doing research and asking friends etc I bought a SMK flagship mod and Atlantis tank. I vaped this for a few weeks and loved it. Although I come asking advice.

I had a crazy problem yesterday after refilling my tank (obviously priming the coil etc beforehand) I took one drag and had a crazy burnt/metallic taste. The mod was hot to the touch and assumed the coil was burnt out. I changed coil and primed for a while before taking another drag, same again. Still problem solving I stuck a friends herakles tank on and same problem. I then figured it must be the battery, taking the battery out was hot to the touch and seemed to make the faintest noise whilst quickly sticking my head near. I stopped straight away and went to the vape store.

They couldn't see anything wrong with the taste of the tank I had (Atlantis) nor did they see anything wrong when changing to a new battery.

My questions are:

Do you think it sounds like a weird battery issue?

Should I be running an Atlantis on an SMK Flagship in the first place?

The set up is - SMK flagship, Atlantis tank and Imren green battery.

I've since bought a new LG battery elsewhere and tried the flagship and atlantis with a new coil and said battery only to have a slight odd taste still. Do you think the weird smokey taste has settled in the rubber inside the atlantis?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Ben

ok...another question. Is there a adjustable 510 pin inside the 510 connector???

The reason I'm asking is because from what I've been told is that the Atlantis has a spring loaded pin in the base of the tank. If that pin is being pushed up so far into the tank it could allow a direct connection to the positive and negative connection on the tank at the same time. That would cause a direct short. Not good!!!

Not trying to scare you at all but there was already one battery explode because of that. At best, the battery would vent. I'm worried your battery is right at the verge of venting and that might be the reason your getting a metallic taste and a strange sound.

I could be totally wrong so I'm going to Google your mod and learn more about it. Hopefully another fine member here will be able to chim in on this problem also...

I'll be back after I do some reading and let ya know what I find out for ya...

Edited by Mirage

I'm back...one site said it has a non adjustable pin and another say it has a floating pin.

One person said they wished it had a hybrid top cap so I'm guessing it's not a hybrid.

Tam is a good person with a lot of knowledge. I'm agreeing with her that were going to have to know more about your battery. I've never heard of that brand either.

Tam, those batterys are being rated two different ways. Some are saying 38amp and some say 40amp. They sell for around 10 bucks and made in China.

It's also the name of the battery that blew up at Vape Blast...

It looks like people have been arguing about those batterys since last year on other forums. It also seems that there has not been any independent tests done either. I could be wrong there cause I didn't Google that. Just what some reviews are saying...

Edited by Mirage

Sounds like what mirage said, your tank's postive pin is being pushed up too far and causing a direct short. Which in turn is going to short the battery and you dont want that, because you run the risk of the battery venting in the mod or worse....exploding. Even with the best batts a direct short is never good. My suggestion to you is to get a new battery, if its 18650 go and get a purple efest, red lg imr, or sky blue samsung 25r...but always make sure that the battery is rated high enough to handle the load. In case of the Atlantis being a sub-ohm tank with 0.5 ohm coils you need a batt rated at 20 amps or higher.

Yes it sounds like you have a shotty battery...but it also sounds like you dont need to use the atlantis on that mod, because the mod doesnt have an adjustable 510. And from what i have seen the 510 is not adjustable. So i would find a different atty to use with it, preferrably one with an adjustable positive pin.

But this is my opinion and i am just going off information that i have collected here on the forums. Read too many stories about the catastrophic events from people using bad batts in mech's or pushing there equipment past its limits.

Not trying to scare you just trying to look out for your safety.

You didn't lose me, just a tad busy.

I did actually buy a new battery, LG HE2. Tried it out again and while the battery performed great with no problems I have the odd burnt taste lingering on the Atlantis.

I changed the coil and primed it, however I think the rubber ring may have absorbed some of the smoke as such. So I'm going to give the tank a proper clean tomorrow.

SMK said there's nothing wrong with using tanks with the Flagship. So it must purely be a battery issue as far as their guess goes.

This has been a huge eye opener, I alerted the shop of what happened.