I hope this is a juice question

I have use kanger protank 3's with either 0.8, 1.2, or 1.5 ohm coils with an itaste VTR.  I use my baker vapor 24mg juices (various flavors).  I can only run them at about 9-10 watts without burning the juice.  The result is less than satisfying.  I am planning on upgrading to a itaste 50w and a kanger subtank/subtank mini (I'm still not sure what I want to go for).

Will I get better vapor/throat hit/nic consumption or will i just keep burning my juice at low watts?

About all I can afford is low(ish) (sub $8.00 per 15 mil) juices.  Do I need to uograde my setup, or juices?  

If I smoke 24mg can I find better juices at this nic?

Can I find better juices for the price?

I'm hoping a better setup will help me out, because that is just a 1 time expense but I don't want to waste my cash if I really only need better juice.

I would really love for everyone to weigh in on this better equipment/better juice dilemma

Thank you in advance   :unworthy:

With your equipment upgrade, Nate, you might want to consider trying juice from another vendor to see if that will make a difference. I've found that different vendors/different juices vape in new ways, some better than others.  :)

What is the current PG/VG ratio of your Mt. Baker juice?

It could be that it is not wicking properly in those coils. Meaning your getting dry hits due to a higher VG content. Those coils in my experience don't work well with anything over 50/50. If your juice is 60%VG/40%PG it will wick slower and if you chain vape it will dry hit for sure.

If you like the juice then keep with it, but try a thinner mix if they offer it. Not too familiar with Mt. Baker.

A note of caution, from my experience if you get a sub ohm device you definitely need to lower your nic level in your juice. Sub ohming gives you a very concentrated vapor and at 24 mg nic it made sick. I would keep the nic levels below 10 mg and you will still have the same affect as 24 mg nic. A lot of sub ohm vapors keep their nic levels around 2-6 mg.

Oh yeah, you will get a better everything with that set up. I have the Kanger subtank and I don't have any issues with flavor or vapor production, even at higher wattages.

Edited by NewDrip

Sorry, it took me a while to check back on my own thread  :hope:

I meant istick 50w.

I'm hoping my old cheap juice will get me by, but if anyone knows of a relitivly inexpensive juice I should try that has a higher "smoke point?" for a lack of a better term, I would be really interested.  Otherwise, I will keep trying Mt. Baker and occasionally splurge on Comps Apple Cider.

Thanks for the feedback as always, you all are super helpful.   :thumbup:

Oh, I also forgot to mention I am vaping 50/50 juice right now.  I am hoping with this setup I will also be able to vape both lower nic and higher PG juices, but if not I am still just hoping for a more satisfying vape.

Oh, I also forgot to mention I am vaping 50/50 juice right now.  I am hoping with this setup I will also be able to vape both lower nic and higher PG juices, but if not I am still just hoping for a more satisfying vape.

You will be able to do all that you have and more. You will not be let down at all. As long as you keep your wick moist and some good juice, you'll be satisfied. FOR ME subbing is the real vape world. The only thing I hate about sub ohm vaping is that I didn't start sooner.

Edited by NewDrip

If it were me, I'd start with the juices. I tried really hard to like Mt. Baker Vapor's juices because they're so inexpensive and the customer service is amazing. My taste buds just don't care for something in their juice though.  :(

What exactly are you looking for when you vape? More throat hit? More flavor? More...what? If you can tell us that, we may be better able to narrow things down for you.  :)

I tried really hard to like Mt. Baker Vapor's juices because they're so inexpensive and the customer service is amazing. My taste buds just don't care for something in their juice though.  :(

I agree with this...  I tried a number of their juices, but there is something in them that just plain doesn't agree with me.  I get a real bad burning in my throat, and I dont mean the normal throat hit.  

I guess I am searching for more flavor without sacrificing the nic and troat hit I already have.  To me the vapor in the setup I have now just seems thin and not nearly as flavorful as I know it could be.

I get paid tomorrow, so I'm going to be upgrading and re-uping on juice in the next few days.  I can't wait to play around with whatever I end up getting.