Istick 30w or MVP 20w?

duke9023

I have the MVP 2.0 and love it and I'm looking for a minor upgrade for purposes of having something extra to vape on...The place I get my hardware from I can get the MVP 20 Watt for $32.99 or the Istick 30 Watt for $34.49 so my question is if you had to choose between those two which would it be? I have an MVP so I already know it's a good product and never messed around with any isticks but I have heard of people having more problems out of them and not pushing enough power so which would you go with or if you have any other recommendations that are in that price range feel free to let me know...Thanks guys!!!

I have an MVP 20 watt as well. I tried the istick and to me it just seemed kinda cheaply made. I went with the MVP based on its track record and am glad I did.I plan to gat an Mvp 3 soon if they come down to the 40 dollar range. Who knows though. If there's a 40-50 watt version in the works I'll probably wait for one of those.

I always thought so too, and it is, if you use your thumb to fire it. But, if you flip it around, and use your finger (index or middle) to fire it, it is actually less awkward... at least it is for me. Yes, I'd prefer it on the short-side, but it's not a horrible placement if you use your finger :)

I have heard a few people say about iStick seeming cheaply made. What exactly seems cheap? I don't have a host of experience with different devices, but my iSticks seem as well built as my cell phones and tablets. Good size, button positioning, clear display, and good quality painted and chromed finishes. What are the "cheap" aspects?

i just got my nephew an istick 30w and he has it working with a sub tank mini. Battery life is fantastic and he absolutely loves it. I think the unit feels sturdy, looks well put together, the only bad thing i will complain about is that the usb charger is underneath (like the ipv mini). I like it so much it might be my next purchase for me..

I tried one of the 20 watt versions at my B&M when they first came out. It worked great but the buttons just seemed really loose and it didn't seem heavy enough to me. Like I'm pretty sure if I would have dropped it as many times as I have my MVP already it probably wouldn't work anymore. Not bashing the product or anything but they were 50 bucks or so at that time and I saw the MVP for 30 so I just ran with it.

Will either the MVP 20w or the iStick 30 watt work with the Kanger Subtank?

Kinda. The MVP 20 Watt will only go down to 1 ohm. This means you will only be able to use the 1.2ohm OCC coil and the RTA if built at 1 ohm or more. (I am not sure about the 20 watt version, but my MVP2 would actually work at .8 ohm)

The iStick on the other hand should be able to fire it fine with the .5 ohm, 1.2 ohm, and the RTA as long as it is built above .4 ohm.

The SubTank will be pretty top heavy for the iStick, so is the SubTank Mini, but it is much better thank the SubTank. (IMO)