I need every ones help...

Mirage

My step son has been watching me vape and wants to quit smoking himself.

Here's the thing, he wants a pen type batt with a tank. I can't stand them and don't know where to start looking for something for him. He doesn't want any kind of box mod. He wants something he can hang from his neck.

He smokes like I do so it's gonna have to be something that has vv or VW I feel. Ego's will not work with this boy...lol

I'm also gonna need something for a good price. He doesn't have hardly any money and I'm outta extra money to help him at this time...

Point me in the right direction if you can...Web-sites would be helpful also...

For a eGo-style VV battery... that won't break the bank for a couple of them, I'd go with Tug's suggestion of the original Spinner 1300mAh or a eGo-C Twist in 1100mAh or larger.

For a decent, dependable, and rugged tank, I would suggest the mini versions of KPT2, KPT3, or AeroTank (all hold 1.5ml), or for a full-size, the KPT2 (with airflow base) or an AeroTank. The Nautilus is pricey and glass tanks are more fragile unless you opt for the cage or SS tanks (another expense). Cheaper tanks on the list would be Kanger T-series, EVOD, EMOW, EVOD2 (same as KPT3mini, but with colors), or a basic MT3 (but coils are harder to find and more expensive). There's nothing wrong with a Vivi-Nova (or mini).

The VT store has great prices, but not all the things mentioned above.

Sites I trust to order from... sweet-vapes.com and 101vape.com for "basic" equipment. Vapenw.com has some good prices, but I have no idea on their shipping, although they are US based. And lately, Chinese sites have been no better than US prices, and shipping is taking months, rather than a couple weeks.

Good luck on helping him find a good rig! And, if buying things separately is a bit pricey to get him started, there are always EVOD or EMOW kits, and Sweet-vapes has some mix-and-match starter kits too :)

I'm curious as to why you think the eGo won't work for him, I've been exclusively vaping for almost 2 years and that's how I started. The back story is; I tried a lot of horribly expensive and equally horribly ineffective cigalikes beginning about five or six years ago. I went through ridiculous gyrations to get them. I had to 'direct pay' into one guy's account like a black market transaction to get one pen type thingy that sorta worked for a couple of days only to find the guy had 'disappeared' when I found it not working. (Why not throw money in a hole in the ground?) Then I had to send Western Union funds to China only to have to wait weeks for delivery while making phone calls to the company's reps who said, "we only handle new orders, not inquiries." Upon arrival, finally, a few bad tasting puffs and either the battery died, or the filter looking thingy burnt, or the coil died. Sheesh. I gave the whole thing up as a bad job and just resigned myself to hacking myself to death on Marlboro Reds. Then one fine day about two years ago, I was in a long queue at the bank, and figured, "Why wait in here when I can wait at the coffee shop al fresco table next door and chat with the P-1 guy selling that particular internet service outside the bank." While chatting, a rival internet company set up their kiosk outside the bank and one of the salesman whipped out a longer and a bit fatter than a cigarette black coloured tube, and put it to his mouth and blew out this very impressive cloud! I was impressed! I interrogated him like a prosecutor and thought I could actually quit the cigs if this thing works as well as the guy was saying. I reported this miracle to my sig other, and he surprised me with a starter kit about a week later. (I'd spent the week trying to find the place where the ISP salesman had said he'd bought his with no luck) Malaysia isn't known for good directional road signs and I didn't yet have WAZE. Anyway, the rest is history. I still have my eGo s and although I guess they should be in a museum, they did a wonderful job and I quit cigs because of them. Of course I evolved, but like most smokers, I wanted something to be as close to being like the real thing as possible when I first started. I now find the square box thinggy to be quite satisfying and of course much longer lasting, to say nothing of having more versatility, but the eGo got me over that first need to have something closely resembling something like a cigarette, or at least a cigar. I sure wish your step son luck, and I really wish this had been around when I was at the age to have the potential of being referred to as a "step son" instead as a "great uncle" :)

Vision Spinner 1300 mah. That's what I started with after the blus and they worked for me. I have 2 that I still use as backups. Like others have said here paired with a mini protank or even the Aspire ET-S. Very inexpensive tanks, easy to change coils and produce great flavor and clouds. I have a couple that I use in rotation daily. A setup like this you could probably find with a battery and 2 tanks and a couple of extra coils for 30-40 bucks tops. Best of luck to both of you.

Edited by gag8tor

• 3 weeks later...

I got started with the Kanger EMOW. It has a 1600 mAh battery and an adjustable airflow tank. The batt is VV (3.2 - 4.8 volts) and is threaded for both 510 and ego tanks. In my opinion, it's is a great setup for a new vaper. I honestly credit it for me being able to go "cold turkey" from the first day I started vaping.

Mirage,

How did you make out with this? Did you end up finding him something?

Yes, one if our members sent me some tanks and a bottle of juice that he didn't need anymore. I added my old pen type battery to it and told my step son to come up with a few bucks for a new charger. (mine fell apart)

I also told him that if he wasn't going to use it or if he didn't think it was for him to give the stuff back so I can pay it forward to someone else.

We will see...