...just another newbie sharing

[snapshot] not smoked in my house for several years. have a chair on the front porch in a little sanctuary created to relax in. Heck, gorgeous geraniums in the depth of winter (these new silks are way kewl)

and no.... Tam made me shoot the pink flamingo's .... 'still' prefer deep fried turkey over BBQ'ed Flamingo. (LOL - re:TX - shoot it and throw it on the BBQ)

LOL, listen to me rattle - guess you can tell I'm excited.

[back to story] anyway, as I have begun to vape - still been going outside for a cig.

Duh.... big dummy me --- it's ok to vape outside.

[lesson learned] not only are there addictive issues.... but my patterns/habits need to be revisited --- reprogrammed?

what this called?

.....close as I can get to defining these embedded patterns is muscle memory

Edited by eCloudMaker

Haha, it's called a "habit"... and most of smoking is habitual, reinforced by the chemical dependence from the burning of plant materials (and 4000 added chemicals).

Habits of lighting-up in the car, or when you step outside, habits of going to "designated smoking areas", habits of having something in your hand, in your mouth, or the motion of hand-to-mouth... all have to be broken or altered, lol.

Reprogramming is important.

For me, the reason patches, gum, etc never worked is my mind
needed to see that 'cloud' of something come out.

Mind turns off switch, resets.

Coming up on 11 months without one; and this coming from 45 years of
smoking.

When I started with 24mg nic, went through juice like crazy.
It worked. I quit.
Now I use less than half that and at lower nic.

The Journey is the fun part.

A good Attitude is the Key, and that you have.

Yup on the habitual motions,, I dayummm near pulled my tshirt pocket off from grabbing at it soooo much but I still carry EmmaLou with me everywhere I go... she's my Zippo....

EmmaLou

Nitrostat bottle

3 coins is ALL I carry with me EVERYDAY...

& yes this is kind of a dead forum if yer an OLD rattler like me....

Edited by HOOKER

hooker - you did it again - ya cheered me up

I get to name it too?

I guess, it better be a girl name - considering the fact that I'm always sticking it in my mouth and foundling it

.... hummm - nah - "perky" ---------- is not going to work

hmmm.......... and then when I finally get more batteries - I can refer to them as ---- "The Girls"

Edited by eCloudMaker

Even though I vape in the house, I still love to go to my old outside smoking sanctuary with my netbook, beer, and vaping stuff and drink and vape myself into oblivion listening to my vintage rock on youtube. Also last time I was back in America, I visited my old work and was amazed at the automatic pull in my mind as I passed the designated smoking area.