New Nautilus BVC Coils

Just opened a new pack of Nautilus BVC's and noticed a couple of things.

1. The warning card that came inside the box.

2. The size increase of to juice holes

I have one in my Nautilus mini soaking right now with Fadora Vapor's new sample of Coffee w/cream and sugar.

So I get to test two products at once.thumbup.gif

Just opened a new pack of Nautilus BVC's and noticed a couple of things.

1. The warning card that came inside the box.

2. The size increase of to juice holes

I have one in my Nautilus mini soaking right now with Fadora Vapor's new sample of Coffee w/cream and sugar.

So I get to test two products at once.thumbup.gif

I noticed that on the last couple boxes I bought. Do you think they have changed to cotton? I didn't get to test since I got them in and sent them right out in a PIF package...

Dang...if I would have read closer, it says COTTON right on the warning...blushing.gif

Edited by jasonculp

May I ask about the importance of it having cotton in them? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I am fixing to place an order for new tanks and coils so I will wait to get the answer before I buy. Also, I have been off the forum for a while working and don't know if there is a better tank out now than the regular
sized Nautilas. That's what I'm here this morning trying to read and learn. If anyone knows of a new and improved tank please let me know. I need a tank that is good with a Provari. Thank you.

The original Aspire BVC coils for both Nautilus tanks had a ceramic wicking material. Cotton seems to be the preferred method for a lot of new tanks coming out. The Aspire Atlantis Sub-ohm tanks have it in the coils now. Aspire was getting flack from users about the safety of the ceramic material. Kanger Sub tanks came with cotton in the coils from day one.

Those who drip and use RTA's, myself included, use cotton as a wicking material. It seems to wick the juice better than silica.

I still use my Nautilus and Nautilus mini, as well as my Kayfun V4 clones. Sub-ohm tanks are new to the market and seem to be the rage. For the money I personally am looking at the Kanger Sub tank because you can replace the coils, or it has a rebuildable coil section you can use.

Cotton is a good thing. Comp has a good post about different wicking materials and the performance of each.

Not sue about better than the Nautilus tanks, except for maybe a rebuildable type.

The Authentic Kayfun V4 has the ability to swap out the 510 connecter to one that directly fits the Provar, if you are into building your own coils..

Check out this review...http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/2014/12/03/the-kayfun-v4-review/

Edited by GeorgeF

guys dont ferget theres a new big player in town..

SMOK VCT

where I werk we have ALL 3 down there,,

I prefer Aspire Atlantis

Operator prefers Smok VCT

Backup Operator prefers Kanger SubTank

we've put all 3 up to comparisons

they all 3 hit great,, I cood see where having 1.2ohm coil availability wood be beneficial fer people without subohm capabilities...

• 4 weeks later...

I have used a couple of the new ones with the cotton. There is more flavor, but the life of the atomizer has cut in half. To be honest, I would sacrifice the added flavor for the longer life of the older atomizers. I go through about 30mL a week and the new ones seem to plug up in less than 2 weeks, was getting almost a month from the old ones before a change out.

I have used a couple of the new ones with the cotton. There is more flavor, but the life of the atomizer has cut in half. To be honest, I would sacrifice the added flavor for the longer life of the older atomizers. I go through about 30mL a week and the new ones seem to plug up in less than 2 weeks, was getting almost a month from the old ones before a change out.

I am with you on this.  I don't know what the ceramic stuff was, or if it is safe or not, but the coils worked better for me.  I tried one out the other night and I got a lot of flooding.  Flavor is fine, but I was flooding it with 70% VG juice.

I have also noticed that the Kanger OCC heads seem to loose flavor quicker than the old Nautilus coils, at least for me.  I am running the RBA in it now with organic cotton and have not messed with it in nearly a week.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines