Apollo Products?

LeeC22

Hi everyone. I ordered my first starter kit from Apollo yesterday. Anyone have experience with this line. it gets good pro reviews but haven't found many user reviews. I ordered the Endeavor kit.

http://www.apolloecigs.com/Apollo-Endeavor-kit-p/endeavor-kit.htm

I could cancel the order and get the Istick 30w that so many seem to prefer. What do you think?

Long time pack a day smoker here.

Need good unit that will last a 10hr work day.

Depending on how often you vape, the 900 mAh probably won't last the whole 10 hr work day. It's also a fixed voltage device so, while not a bad thing necessarily, it's a one-trick pony. Personally, I'd go with a variable voltage device like the iStick or a Vision Spinner II. The Spinner II is a 1600 mAh variable voltage battery that has the same form factor of the Endeavor batteries. If you're interested in the Spinner II, just click on the underlined links in this post, it'll direct you to our own Vapor Talk store. There are no knock offs and the customer service is great!

I would, however, caution you about the iStick 20W. They tend to run hotter than what the display says. That can easily be countered with a higher resistance coil in your tank of choice. If you get the popular Nautilus mini, the highest resistance coil you can get for it is the 1.8 ohm. It will work with the iStick 20W, but it's good info for you to be aware of. I use the iStick 20W with a Nautilus mini with a 1.8 ohm coil but use the iStick on voltage mode, not the wattage mode, for better vaping. YMMV. smile.png

ETA: If you were a pack a day smoker, I'd recommend starting out with 24 mg (2.4%) nicotine in your juice to get you off the analogs. You can always cut down later, but the higher nic will help you more than the lower. Just my opinion and experience. :)

Edited by Tam

Thanks for the feedback Tam. A couple of questions. If I did buy the spinner battery would it work with the clearomizers and coils from Apollo? I did also spring for a nautlus tank with airflow adjustment. Also would you recommend the Istick in 30w?

The clearomizers/tanks that have a 510 and/or eGo connection will all fit with your Spinner and should fit with your Apollo battery. Since I don't have first hand knowledge of the Apollo batteries, I can't say for sure, but they look like they're off-shoots of the eGo battery so you should be fine. The Apollo charger should also work with the Spinner.

I have an iStick 20W, which, while nice, I can't say I'd recommend it due to the inaccuracy of the wattage display. I've heard that the 30W version is better, but I'll let others who have them give you a better opinion. Currently, I'm really liking the IPV mini (have an IPV mini2 on its way now). That isn't plug and play, though. The IPV minis have an outside battery (18650) so you'll also need a separate charger as well as spare batteries for when one is charging. To me, it's easier to carry charged batteries and switch them out when needed than to have to wait on the whole unit to finish charging. Your requirements and preferences may be different from mine. :)

Wow that was the quickest reply ever! Thank you. I will probably hold out for the Istick. My kit did come with two batts so hopefully they will get me through the day until I decide on the best upgrade. Having charged batts on hand does sound like a good idea. Thanks again for the advice.

Here I thought I was good at spending other people's money. Earthling789 has me beat! He won't steer you wrong though. You'll be very happy with your purchases that he recommends, but your wallet will also be much lighter. evil.gif

I felt a disturbance in the Force... someone needs me to spend their money? :D

Tam's just happy with the recommendations I've made for her... although I've yet to get her to buy an RTA, but I'm still trying, lol.

When I make a recommendation, It's based on research and/or personal experience... usually more of the latter, and like my momma always said... buy QUALITY, and you'll never regret spending a few bucks more on the purchase, because you'll not have to spend that money again any time soon (if ever).

Based on the things listed above, Comp is exactly right, the Apollo batteries you have are EVOD clones (or re-branded), and should work very well for you. If you want to upgrade to an all-in-one rechargeable box-style variable voltage/wattage device, I would recommend the iStick 30W over the 20W all day long, and would also recommend the Innokin MVP 2.0 or 20W models. Both MVP's are bullet-proof, work-horse devices. Another good built-in battery device is the SMY35. It's a little more stick-like than the iStick or MVP, but still packs a good charge and goes to 35W. Any of these VV/VW box-style will work well with your Nautilus :)

I started with ego 650 mAh batteries. 2 would last about 8-9 hours. I have upgraded to a Vamo V5 and V6. Both use removable 18650 batteries. you can get 18650 batteries in a few mAh capacities. I use Efest 18650 2500 mAh batteries, they last approx. 9-10 hours. Efest also makes a 3100mAh version.

So I would also suggest you look at the battery capacity as a deciding factor on a device lasting your work day. The higher the mAh the longer the run time of the battery.

Thanks for the advice guys. My order has shipped today so I hope the product works for me. I stopped by the vape shop near my work and tried some devices. I would have done that first if I knew it was there! I am now concerned if this is gonna work for me. I found the vape harsh and lacking flavor. I can only hope that I will be able to tweak to get an acceptable vape experience.

I am now concerned if this is gonna work for me. I found the vape harsh and lacking flavor. I can only hope that I will be able to tweak to get an acceptable vape experience.

We have such a great group of vapors here. We have people who like a cool, mild vape, to the cloud chasers and everything in between. They all have great advice and will do all they can to keep you off the stinkys!

Many times the "harsh" vape you get from the local shop is the type of clearomizer/tank they have their juices in. One of the local B&M's load all their juices in Ce4 tanks, and they all taste like crap to me. My favorite B&M loads all their juices in KPT3-minis, KPT2's, and always has the bottle there for you to drip a sample (or load your own tank) too. Your Apollo set is just like an EVOD, so it will be bottom-coil design, and not nearly as harsh/hot as those sample tanks (top-coil) from the shop.

Derail Thread??

Tam ya must be refer'n ta my constant rattle'n... hahagagagaaaaaaaaa as Popeye wood say...

LeeC22,, I work 4/10's myself & run with a 18350 in a Zmax mini & carry 2 spare batts but hardly ever hafta change more

than once..

I dayumm near wore out my lil 650 & 900 ego twist batts & their lil usb chargers when I first started vaping & within 2days I was spending my retirement savings in hopes of bigger devices that save me from constant battery swapouts..

getta mod & a descent tank,, they satisfy all yer needs in one device, a coiple of extra batteries isnt bad ta have if ya puff a lot..

fer fits & shiggles I'm gonna take my VAMO V8 ta werk tamorrow just ta get a total puff count fer an entire day.. it runs on a 18650...

This is the HOOKER reporting from Broken Arrow, OK,, back ta you Brian....

We have such a great group of vapors here. We have people who like a cool, mild vape, to the cloud chasers and everything in between. They all have great advice and will do all they can to keep you off the stinkys!

Im sure you are right. Ty

Your Apollo set is just like an EVOD, so it will be bottom-coil design, and not nearly as harsh/hot as those sample tanks (top-coil) from the shop.

Hope you are right too. Ty

LeeC22,, I work 4/10's myself & run with a 18350 in a Zmax mini & carry 2 spare batts but hardly ever hafta change more

than once..

Great news. TY

Hey thanks for to all who gave there time and advice. Much Appreciated.

Now I will wait for delivery and get back to you all when I have some time to try it out.