Best mod for Newbie

lilaloca1890

The best one is the one you like and gets you off analogs. I say this because everyone is different. :)

What do you mean by a smaller size? Are you looking for a cigarette size.... Small in length... Small diameter? What have you been looking at that your comparing too? :) Knowing this would help us help you.

i can only say what worked for me and that starter kit was a kanger tech evod 2. you get two tanks and two batteries and 5 coils. it was easy to operate light weight and fit in your pocket. I would also say it was discrete enough one can sneak a puff most anywhere. I started at 18mg of nicotine in my juices and now down below 6mg

When i started i didn't go cold turkey, what i did was use the vape until i extremely needed a cigarette(like with my morning coffee). in two weeks i went from two packs a day to dam this thing tastes awful. It felt good when i started putting out the cigarette half way through.

I'll second the Kanger kits... EVOD, EVOD2, EMOW... They are what many of us started with, and will serve well as backups as you evolve into bigger (or at least more) equipment. I know people that have vaped for a year or two and still use the most basic of set-ups, like the EVOD kit or a Vivi Nova mini and basic eGo battery.

If you want to stay small, the 650mAh batteries are about as small as you can go, without having to swap/charge them every 4 hours, lol, although the new 1300mAh Kanger batteries are the same height (just a little more diameter) as their 900mAh batteries, so you get a lot of long-lasting power in a relatively small package. The EVOD/EMOW style tanks are durable work-horses too (and the coils are cheaper than others).

When you say, "stronger pull", what do you mean by that? A little more information about what you're looking for would be helpful for us to recommend something that, hopefully, will work for you. Are you fairly mechanically inclined? Knowing that, too, will help us help you. :)

I would like a setup that is not too bulky. I have seen a few mods that are the size of a flashlight and some much smaller. A pull that I have to suck a little bit more for, not so airy. But still while producing a thicker Vapor cloud..

Im super new to all of this, so Im still trying to understand the numbers and such. Im wasn't a heavy smoker so I don't think I will be using it constantly, a 4 hour small batter would be fine.
Has anyone tried the eSTICK before? The size of their battery is not too big, and seems like a decent starter kit... Any knowledge of them?

The adjustable airflow of a Nautilus (full-size or mini), or an AeroTank would allow you to customize your draw. The eLeaf iStick is a good battery (and will last far more than 4 hours, lol). I would suggest the 30W model, just because it has the floating pin and better 510 threading than the 20W model.

I looked at the istick at my B&M. I never thought I'd want a box mod but I really liked the features for the price. It did feel sort of cheaply made however. I ran across a great deal on the MVP 20 watt and was sold. If you don't mind the box form I would say MVP all the way. You can find the 2.0 and the 20 watt versions anywhere from 20 to 40 dollars.

The istick and mvp are both good devices. One thing to keep in mind since you want a tighter draw is that it may seem more like an analog to have a tight draw, but with airflow comes vapor production. A liquid with higher VG content will also produce more vapor.

Vapeing requires some adjustments to find what works best. It's not going to replicate a stinky, and that's a good thing.

Anuther suggestion,,

ta have the tite draw a Kanger Aerotank will give ya a tite draw,,

it has a airflow control on it where ya can adjust yer draw from tite ta full open which will give you a nice lung hit if you choose at a later date...

& it wont break yer bank account...

Hi - I started with the basic Ego kit - cheap, easy to use and small and light enough for your pocket.The tanks are throw away after a while but last for a month anyway.It is a good cheap way to see whether you are going to like vaping or not.Best of luck with whatever you choose.