A few questions for u experts

tazl37

What's a good rda for my istick 30and with good flavor and easy to build because I to am a beginner but have an associates degree in electronics so will understand after I review a little.

Also I am using a nautilus and mvp. I can vape fine on 8 Watts but if I turn it up to 11 watts which is the max on my mvp it taste fine at first then tastes burned after awhile and then the coil is toast. I was told to vape it at higher watts for flavor. That is why I ordered the istick 30. Why would this happen?

Also I tried to rebuild the could for my nautilus but I couldn't get the cotton to stay around the coil and it was litttttle. I can't wait till my lemo gets here.

But I do want a rda too!!!! FLAVOR!

Any good juice, I mean really really good juice I need to try out?

Thank for all the info guys and I look forward to expanding my horizons!

First off... if you're going to build coils, be safe, and pick up a real ohm-meter! Using the meters built into your box-mods (like the iStick or MVP) is good in a pinch, but they are not nearly as accurate. Safety first!

A good beginner RDA for flavor ... I would recommend a Magma from a reputable clone company like Infinite, HCigar, or EhPro. I have an Infinite version, and it is very easy to build on, has good airflow, and a deep juice-well to keep you from constantly having to drip more into it. The juice I like to drip tastes fantastic in this RDA, with a 0.8 Ohm dual-coil build @ 18-22W. Any lower Ohms or higher Watts, and the flavor suffers.

I will say this... RDA has great flavor, but I enjoy the flavor from my RTA just as much. Sub-ohming, high Watts/power, etc... are more for cloud-chasing, IMO... I don't find 0.2 Ohm builds @ 50W to be any more pleasurable than my RTA with 1.4 Ohm builds at 12-14W... But, that is my opinion because I don't like a harsh or hot vape :)

The burnt taste from your Nautilus is most likely the juice that cannot tolerate high power. I have a few juices that taste great around 8W, but taste like burnt socks at 11W. Higher power doesn't always mean "better".

Like Earthling said, get an dedicated ohm meter. That's the first thing you need to buy even before getting an RDA/RTA. Study up on Ohm's Law so you have a good understanding of what it is that you're dealing with in terms of resistance and how it works with your battery. :)

So the rda and rta's basically have same taste? I guess if you build the coils the same they would.

Thanks for the info earthling

They don't necessarily taste the "same"... the RDA cranks up flavor intensity... a lot like turning up the volume on a stereo. But, just like when you crank up the volume on your stereo you tend to lose the subtle melody undertones, an RDA (to me) tends to wash-out the subtle flavor undertones of complex mixtures.

One of my juices is a complex mixture... in an RDA, the main ingredient is strong and harsh, but that is about all I taste. In an RTA, I can pick up the subtle hints of coconut, nut, and citrus that are completely absent in the RDA experience. For this reason, I tend to limit my RDA to "simple" flavors.

My RDA is currently set-up with a 0.35 Ohm dual-twisted-micro-coil built on 2.5mm rod, and my RTA has a single 28ga macro-coil built on 2.0mm rod. Using my cranberry/raspberry 30/70 juice in both has a similar experience (even though the coils are not built the same), but the RDA has more intense flavor and lots more vapor. If I use a more complex juice (with coils built the exact same), the RDA tends to wash the complexity, whereas the RTA brings out the undertones more. So, in the latter example, the RDA is a chainsaw... and the RTA is a razor-sharp scalpel :)

Ok I see, great explanation. I do plan on getting a ohm meter, planned on using my fluke but that would be too much trouble after seeing all the ohm meters out and how cheap they are. I plan on getting hydras delight, I like lots of flavor nic lvl maybe 16 mg what pg/vg lvl should I do with a lemo with I guess a dual coil, not sure how I want to do that yet, battery will be a istick30. I have been vaping on a nautilus at 8 watts on my mvp because if I turn up the watts it taste burned. I don't get a lot of good flavor it French kiss 70/30 @ 24mg.

A Fluke meter will work just fine, but I found using a meter like that was cumbersome... that's why I picked up a $10 ELeaf meter (actually have two). The advantage of the dedicated meter is "hands-free" metering, and they provide a stable build-platform while you're working on your builds or tweaking coils.

First # is usually PG content. Fadora's is also listed this way. If you want more flavor from Fadora juices, when you order, you can specify extra flavor, and trust me, even his 50/50 juices have great flavor because he mixes each batch to your specs. I have juices from Fadora in 70/30 and 50/50, and the flavor is excellent!

Yes a 2% boost at 70/30 would be a noticable differance. If it were reverse I would suggest a 3-4% boost. I do compensate for higher VG mixes to help keep the flavor the same accross the different vg levels.

That would depend on the nicotine level. If you are at 24mg it may have a slight nicotine taste. I use VG Nicotine base that does help in the taste you are talking about. I also use high grade PG/VG in the mix. If you are 12mg you won't even notice.

ok thanks, i think that i might be tasting the nicotine in this juice thats why i get a bad taste some times, this juice ive been using is 24 mg. but i dont need it to be, or atleast i dont think i do. im going to try 14 or 16 mg and see how that goes.

Comp, would you say the nic level when used in a std tank/rta at 1 ohm or above would provide the same experience in and rda? Would a .5 ohm coil like the Aspire Atlantis or Kanger sub tank change the way someone would want to order the liquids?

Comp, would you say the nic level when used in a std tank/rta at 1 ohm or above would provide the same experience in and rda?

Assuming the ohms are the same in the RTA/RDA as the standard tank, it would not change. It will however change the flavor.

Would a .5 ohm coil like the Aspire Atlantis or Kanger sub tank change the way someone would want to order the liquids?

Absolutely. At .5 it will not only increase TH (from the heat), but also it vaporizes the liquid better and you get more of the nicotine in your system. Lowering the ohms always seems to increase the effectiveness of the nicotine IMO. With these tanks a person could lower the nicotine in turn getting the same effect as a standard tank with a 1.5-1.8ohm coil head with higher nicotine.

That's ok you can still use it on your next order it is good for 1 year. Since you missed it, was there a different flavor you would to try? I will add a sample. Also I just posted that I'm testing my coffee flavor.

and PM me it you would like a test sample