Sons of Liberty on the American History Chanel

Is anyone watching this? Tonight is part 2 of the 3 part series and is on right now. I have to say it is an amazing series so far.

I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys history, especially how our country was born through the courageous acts of orderinary citizens.

Is anyone else enjoying this as much as I am? It really provokes a lot of emotion from me as my family were some of the first colonists here before we declared independence from the tyrannical reigns of the British Empire.

I'll have to wait for it to hit Netflix, I no longer have cable or satellite, I'm a cord cutter. Sounds like something I would like. I am related to John and Priscilla Alden (Mayflower) as well as Giles Cory (Salem Witch Trial). I can't recall the relation at the moment, but also related to the founder or Harrisburg PA. One of the strange parts about Giles Cory... When I was a kid I had a nightmare that I was him being crushed after seeing a movie on the witch trials in grade school. It wasn't till my early 40s that I found out about the relation.

Just finished the second episode and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Left off at such an intense moment. Its filmed like a movie as opposed to a documentary that has commentary. The acting is excellent.

Cool information about the relations. I'll have to double check with my grandfather about my ancestry and get back to you.

Interesting bit about your witch trials dream. Very interesting indeed.

The conclusion of the 3 part series is tonight. Can. Not. Wait. Is no one else seriously watching this? Its brilliant and highly entertaining.

The conclusion of the 3 part series is tonight. Can. Not. Wait. Is no one else seriously watching this? Its brilliant and highly entertaining.

Never watched the shows but have read plenty of books on how they weren't career politicians but rather regular citizens who served and then went back to their regular lives.

Edited by T-Bone

Here's some good stuff without commercial interruption and sans some of the fictionalization of what really happened...

1. George Washington: His Excellency
  2. Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation
  3. 1776
  4. American Creation: Triumphs and Tragedies in the Founding of the Republic
  5. Passionate Sage: The Character and Legacy of John Adams

Real wars for real reasons.

Brought to you by TD Bank North, CreditKarma.com and Metlife!

Ok. I marathoned the whole thing last night with the wife.

I enjoyed it very much. If I was being super critical, it was a little "modernized" for my taste. But it wasn't a documentary it was historical fiction which was fine and we ate it up.

Well it starts out with a rousing chase with the Brits after Sam Adams who is doing a parkour kind of thing through the streets of Boston. Then it cuts to a Sam Adams beer commmercial - I kid you not! Def not Deadwood but enjoyable. :)