question about nicotine levels and juice

blueyedshewolf

At the risk of sounding uninformed (this is only been 48 hours since I started) I have a few questions.Ok, so my first question is this: I started with 20 mg nicotine level in all but 3 of my juices and the other 3 are 18 mg because that was the highest the tobacco store had. I was smoking about 1-1.5 packs a day and am wondering if I should have gone with a higher nicotine level because while it does help, I still find myself wanting a cig a little sooner than I do with an actual cig. What level would you recomend. Cravin Vapes is where I went for most and they can do from 0-32mg. The other 3 came from a tobacco store and they only offered 6, 12, and 18 mg.

My next question is because so many people have told me that you need to be careful where you get your juice and that cravin vapes is good but the other 3 bottles came from a tobacco store and are Kalamazoo brand and I want to know what people mean by some juices have ingredients that are harmful.

My next question is when I went to cravin vapes they asked me what pg/vg mix I wanted. I started with 50/50 because that is what the guy recommended but while I know what they stand for I have no idea what each does by changing the percentage in the mix and what most people do.

Is there too many times you can use it? I mean i find I usually puff 4 or 5 times and then wait for the next craving and do the same.

I am sorry I have so many questions but I figure everyone was so nice when I introduced myself and at a store I am afraid to ask too many of my questions for fear that they will just say whatever to sell me more stuff i may or may not need.

Thank you in advance.

No worries. 1st question, the nic level seems normal based on your old usage, only thing that might change the nic level IMO is how much you can use your ecig to get the nic fix you need. If it's a 5-10 min break and then back to work, it can vary. If you can vape mostly when you want, and still don't get what you need, then you could up the nic.

2nd question, although I can't tell you what Kalamazoo vapers liquid uses in the liquids, my first juice that got me off analogs was from them.

3rd question, PG=flavor and added throat hit, VG= vapor and a slightly sweet taste. 50/50 is great for most tanks.

The way I see it, use it as much as you need.

With being a 1-1 1/2 pack a day smoker, and 20 not being enough, you would want 24mg. That is where most people start at that smoked what you have.

If the ingredients are not on the bottle don't buy it. There should only be 4 ingredients. PG. VG, Flavoring (non oil base) and Nicotine. Some companies add water and that is fine, but can ruin a good juice IMO. Some add food coloring, IMO, this is one item that is not needed except to make it look like the flavor.

PG is the flavor carrier and adds throat hit

VG is the Vapor producer and cuts flavor if the maker doesn't adjust for higher the VG and cuts throat hit.

Having said that, 50/50 is a good starting point and is the best of both.

Ok thank you both for your help, They did say at Cravin Vapes that I could bring the juices in and have them adjusted if I needed so maybe I will try that. The throat hit is fine and on one I did opt for the 5% flavor increase. As far as how often I can go out at work and smoke, well I am a salaried manager so I work 10-16 hour days most days and so unlike everyone else I do not get scheduled breaks and lunches for me is is run when you can and hope you get time to finishe a cig before someone is on the radio needing you. There is only one person in the building that is above me and when he saw me today with my vape he was actually very supportive and wished me luck in quitting cigs. we do allow them in the building just not in front of customers, so when I am in the office or kitchen and such I can use just not out on the floor. The pen I bought was a very cheap model just for me to try and see if I would even be into it, it is not adjustable or anything like I have read that many are. It was a starter kit but for now it is doing fine for me, though liking it the way I do so far I may upgrade at some point soon. I have tried the e-cigs and they did nothing for me, chantix, which made me vomit every day for the first few hours after I took it, patches which help with the nicotone need but never really made me want to quit, and gum which I hated. This is the first thing I have tried that has helped, granted it has only been 48 hours but honestly I had 9 cigs all day yesterday and 5 so far today and I have been up since 530 am so that is huge for me.

Keep in mind you are also detoxing and experiencing withdrawals from much more than nicotine and a lot of what you are "craving" is a ton of other things in cigarette smoke that aren't in an e-cig. Hang in there and the cravings will diminish over time. For some it can be quite the battle so don't give up. Just ride it out and keep your nic levels up there until you can taper off as you desire. Just another thing to consider as you ween yourself off of ciggys. :)

Also, I didn't see this mentioned so I'm bringing it up now. Vaping will dehydrate you so you will want to increase your water intake. Drink more water. Not soda, not coffee, not tea or juice or whatever, just plain ole' H2O. That will also help flush all the other toxins out of your body that the cigarettes put in. You're doing good. Keep it up! :)

Ok so we have established that I am new and do not know much about this stuff but and I am really liking this and I went from my normal 7-8 pack since last Saturday until now to only 4 packs. The only Vapor cig I have right now was an ego starter kit and I do love it but I keep reading posts about ones that you can adjust different levels on. What does that do exactly? I mean I know mine has no adjustments but it does the trick, but if I am missing out on a better flavor quality or a way to cut my tobacco cigarettes even lower yet I would really like to know. When I said I was new to this I mean it was something I had considered before but never wanted to spend the money. I did and I am glad because honestly in what I have not spent on cigs and what I initially spent on this it is proving its self worth it already.

Also I noticed one or two of my clearomizers actually have allowed juice in the mouth piece on more than one occassion and another sounds like I am sucking on a straw in an empty cup and I get very little vapor out of it. Is there somthing I can do to prevent this? I know the clearomizer should not be dead already I was told they should last 1-4 weeks each depending on usage and I have 8 different ones and I switch them out depending on what flavor I want at a time and yes some are used more than others but I do not think enough that I should have killed them already. The one not getting vapor has only been refilled once and some of the others have been several times.

Last question (for now lol) How do do I clean the clearomizers and how often should I clean them?

What you have sounds like a fixed voltage battery. There's nothing wrong with that, I still have a few that I use from time to time. They're dependable and work well. They're usually fixed at 3.7 volts. With that voltage level, I'd go with 1.8 ohm coils to get the best results. A 1.5 ohm coil will also work and give you warmer vapor, the 1.8 will give you a cooler vapor.

Variable voltage batteries (one step up from what you have), would be something like a Vision Spinner or Spinner II. They allow you to go from 3.3 volts up to 4.8 volts. This controls how much power you put to your coils. It can also burn out your coils if you use too much voltage for too long. What we always advise is to start at the lowest setting, vape. If it's not doing anything for you, turn it up just a bit, vape again. Keep doing this until you get just a tiny bit of a burnt taste and then back it down. That will be the sweet spot for that particular juice. Some flavors need a little more oomph while others, like fruit flavors, usually prefer lower temperatures.

As for condensation in the center tube, take the tank/clearomizer off the battery. Loosely place a tissue under the bottom (where the clearomizer connects to the battery), and then blow gently into the mouthpiece. That will move the condensation out of the center tube. Do that several times, then dab into the bottom to get the rest cleaned and dried. Don't forget to also gently swab out the connection part of your battery. I say to do this gently because you don't want to push the center pin of the battery down although there is a simple fix if you do. It's just better not to have to do that. :)

It wasn't condensation it was juice, and I guess the problem was that I was over tightening the clearomizers onto the battery and ruined my coil. At least that is what I was told today at one of the Vape shops close to my work. I had never been in that shop and decided to check them out and test drive a couple of new flavors and 3 of my clearomizers were leaking from the top of the mouth piece. I ended up buying 5 new coils and 4 Evods and 2 flavors lol. I have not changed the coils yet but am hoping they are right and that is the all it was. I now know not to tighten them so much lol.

It wasn't condensation it was juice, and I guess the problem was that I was over tightening the clearomizers onto the battery and ruined my coil. At least that is what I was told today at one of the Vape shops close to my work. I had never been in that shop and decided to check them out and test drive a couple of new flavors and 3 of my clearomizers were leaking from the top of the mouth piece. I ended up buying 5 new coils and 4 Evods and 2 flavors lol. I have not changed the coils yet but am hoping they are right and that is the all it was. I now know not to tighten them so much lol.

This does not make sense to me. I tighten my tanks till they stop and tighten the tank parts as tight as I can and have 0 issues. That should not ruin the coil only put you at rick of pushing the battery post down too far to make a connection which has nothing to do with leaking. Even though I have been told that over and over I still tighten my tanks down very tight and have never had an issue. If i had to bet I would say like many B&Ms they are selling knockoffs with less QC than the name brands which have questionable QC themselves.

Every tank will occasionally flood because of pressure or temp but 100% of the time in every tank I have used by the time I finish a tank or two the condensation runs down into the post and keep in mind the condensation is not just water it is re-liquified vapor so it will be juice that comes out when you blow it clear.

Hope you get it worked out.

Edited by bcartervol98

That does make sense, I mean it was discolored and looked like the juice but you make a very valid point. They said that I was over tightening them and that is what was causing it, they are not the place I originally purchased my clearomizers. They also said something about them being top coils and the wicks may sometimes give off burnt cotton taste which I have not had an issue with. That is why I hesitate to ask questions at these places, for fear that they will just try to sell me stuff I do not need, and sell they did. i bought 5 new coils and 4 Kanger Tech Glass Evods from them. I will say that I have not yet changed the coils I did as Tam suggested first and so far no issues, but am wondering if maybe my case was upside down in my purse and if that would cause it because one of the ones that leaked is one I have only used once and was several days ago but saw the leak when I opened my case in their store to get my battery to try some of their flavors. They said that is not likely but after reading your thoughts I am not feeling much faith in their words of wisdom lol. I am really glad you are all so helpful because I am really trying to learn about all of this, hopefully without being taken advantage of. This is why I am one of those people that normally just plays it safe and sticks to what I know.

Could be, I've never had or stored mine (however unintentionally) upside down. Top coils, from my experience, tend to have problems with leaking though. I'm not certain and this is just a guess on my part, but I think it's because the holes for the juice to get onto the wicks is at the top, if it's upside down, it can leak through the wick... I could be totally wrong but it seems to make sense to me. :)

Personally, if I'm using a tank, I prefer the bottom coils. You don't have to keep tipping the thing to keep the wicks wet, no dry hits, and it just works better. :)

I started with RBC's & had the gurgles & joose coming up tube all the time,,

I found a new use fer Qtips,, still had the gurgles but the joose problem was solves fer a bit...

That lasted fer 2-3 days til I gotta Protank 3 mini,, no more gurgles or joose in tube....

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar story to yours. I was smoking about a pack to a pack and a half a day. It also took me a while to find the right 'equipment' to make the complete change to vaping. I started with the Blu e-cigs and those really were a joke. I upgraded to this thing called a SmokeStik Ultra, which was better than the Blu, but still not doing the job for me. I visited a real vape shop and the girl hooked me up with the eLeaf iStick and a Nautilus Mini tank. THAT combination worked for me using 18mg e-juices. You can adjust the power output to get the desired throat hit and flavor. I bought that combo the day before I got on a cruise ship for the Bahamas. I haven't smoked a regular cigarette since (December 17th). I have also worked my way down to 5mg nicotine concentration since then, which I'm super stoked about! I started my new diet on January 1 and I'm 25 pounds down and I'm getting back into running on the treadmill again. I can BREATHE!

I'm looking forward to getting off the nicotine completely. Whether or not I continue to vape 0mg nicotine is yet to be determined :)

Good luck with it!