Suggestions for better taste and vapor?

vapes shapes

hello all, I am new to the vaping world. My current setup is istick 20 watts,i clear 16d, and I'm not sure what atomizer I'm using( it's one the cheap ones like $2.50 a pop). I was wondering if I could get suggestions on how to get better taste and vapor. The vapor is satisfactory, but the taste leaves something to be desired. Sometimes it has a nasty aftertaste and can't really taste the e liquid. I'm using Gemini vapor's way of the dragon 12 mg. please help I don't want to go back to analogs.

Welcome to VT!

I never cared much for the iClear tanks... some people love them, but the flavor (for me) was just not there.

I would suggest a different tank, perhaps a bottom-coil design with a Pyrex tank, such as an Aspire Nautilus, Nautilus-mini, or one of the Kanger tanks such as a ProTank2, ProTank3, AeroTank, or one of the mini versions of these (if you prefer a smaller form-factor tank).

Another issue with flavor may be your juice... not all juices are created equal, and different manufacturers will all have a different tasting/strength of blueberry (for example)... so you really have to try a lot of different juices. The PG/VG ratio of the juice will affect flavor as well... PG is the flavor carrier, so higher PG will usually have more flavor (but less vapor, because VG produces vapor), and more throat-hit. 50/50 ratio juices are the median compromise between flavor and vapor, but you may find you prefer 70/30 or 60/40... or something completely different.

What Earthling said I second. If you want to order online and don't know of a trustworthy vendor, we have the Vapor Talk store right here that only sells genuine (no knock offs) brand names at some of the lowest prices around and great customer service for hardware and juices.

If you want to get customized juices, there are many good to great vendors you can read reviews about in that thread on this forum. One of the forum's favorites is Fadora Vapor. Compenstine, a highly respected forum member and the owner of the store, will help you get just the right juice for what you want. :)

All good advice....and here's some more. :)

Until you work out the flavors you like and the proper nicotine level you're probably going to be nervous about going back to analogs.

If you were anywhere near a pack a day, I would suggest upping your nic to at least 18. And maybe 24 if you were a heavy smoker.

Find a well stocked vape store or vape bar and try out flavors. Satisfaction with a few different flavors is key to your success. Being able to rotate a couple flavors can help when a flavors dies on you.

And welcome to vapor talk! Good luck

I bought a Kanger Protank 2 from the Vapor Talk store and it absolutely rocked the flavor of my juices.

I'm a noob and my first purchase was a Spinner 2 with some Pro Tank Minis and it was awesome...haven't had a cigarette since.

I wanted to get some extra flavor and I also needed to have something as a backup after losing my Spinner the first time going out for a few pints, lol.

So I bought that tank and an Eleaf iStick and the flavor difference was incredible. Both are great.