Kayfun V4 Review

Earthling789

Yeah, I just really like the side mount. Been also thinking about the Kato mech mod for the side mount also. I think if I remember correct they said it will fit a 22mm tank instead of just 18mm on the vtr...

The V4 is 22mm ONLY if using the M-tank (which is reduced juice capacity, and all polycarbonate).

Using the Stainless or Stainless/glass tank sections puts the V4 much wider... just over 23mm if memory serves?

Earthling, which vendor did you order it from? I have the EHPro clone that i got from sweet-vapes and the glass has fine chips on the outside edges. Also, it did not come with instructions or extra spring. I have built it three times and like it a lot, but I am looking at getting a second clone of the kayfun v4.

I will post pictures of the vertical coil I put in mine that is in it now, once I can figure out how to post them from my phone.

I bought the Amod clone from Code Vape and as usual for my luck, they've gone down in price to $24.95 :)

The RTA is about as 1:1 as it can get, especially with the SS and glass sections. I've not tried the M-tank yet, so no clue on how it fits/performs. The spare-parts kit included at least one of every o-ring for rebuild, and the silver-plated contact spring, but oddly enough, no spare post screws... could have sworn those were included, but I just looked, and nope, not there...

Cool, thanks for the info, I checked that site out when I looked at the other thread. When I was looking afew days ago, they had it for 24.95 plus shipping, which was equal to the 30 with free shipping. So you didn't get to bad a deal. I think it will be ordered this morning,

Earth, 1 week in now, still enjoying the V4?

Yes, so far, no real complaints.

I've gotten a couple of dry hits because the juice-flow either wasn't open all the way or I used a tiny bit too much cotton... and of course the issues with the iStick over-volting the coil which toasted a few wicks... but other than that, I've had zero real issues with the hardware. I am use to the Russian 91%, so there is a tiny learning-curve on the difference in wick "needs", and aif-flow settings.... but once you dial those in, it performs flawlessly.

The juice-flow control has loosened up nicely and everything is butter-smooth.

Flavor is still pretty much the same as my Russians, but the new chimney, top-cap, and drip-tip design have one additional advantage... after an entire tank of juice, there is near zero fluid under the drip-tip :)

The air channel is much larger than the Russian or you KFL+, so it can open WAY up. I like a slightly restricted flow, so in that regard, they are on par with each other. But, wide-open, it's too much air-flow for me :) You could easily take full lung hits with this thing if you open it all the way....

If you had to put a value on the flow... I'd say my Russians are at 75-80% open, and the V4 is just a little over half-way?

I was having some issues with coil contact under the screws... Resistance was showing 1.3 until I put a load on it... then it would jump higher as the coil heated. All of this was because of the tiny screw heads not keeping a solid clamp on the 28ga coil wire.

So, I tried the spare screws that came with one of my Russian's, and they are the same threading... YAY! I replaced two of the screws, and built a new coil with 28ga Kanthal. I made this one a little higher resistance (1.6 Ohms), and it is working like a champ now! These larger screws will probably allow me to use 26ga wire without issue... maybe even 24ga? (but that may be pushing it)

I'd really like to find some allen-head screws for the deck.... They would allow me to use twisted coils, and I'd love to try a twisted coil on this RTA!

^^^I have noticed this with mine as well.

Tightened down the juice flow control to full open and a bit more and it stabilized. I have rebuilt my coil to 1.2 ohms using the info from Steam Engine and depending on which mod it's on it reads anywhere from .9 to 1.2 ohms.

I stretched the spring a bit and that seems to help.

So far the reading of the coil are holding steady with the new post screws.... if it continues to fluctuate, I'll try giving the spring a little stretch.

Now I see why they included a spare spring :D

This RTA has it's little quirks, for sure... but it's not horrible either, just a little "different".

Even though I like the V4, I find myself picking up my V1 Russian more often (if they are side-by-side) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines