Anyone have issues with the Nitecore D2 charger?

I ordered one and it arrived last Friday. Out of the box it was acting up. Detected a battery in bay 1 when it was empty, wasn't charging when it did have one in it. After swapping batteries back and forth (All brand new batteries) it just started working. I charged 2 VTC4 Sony's and 2 AWIMR 18490's no problem. I put them back in over the weekend just to see if it was going to act up and all seemed well. My ZNA showed up yesterday and I ran one of the VTC4's down so I put it on bay one of the charger earlier. Started fine, charged for over 3 hrs next to me and then all of a sudden acted up again. Unplugged it, battery out, plugged it back in and it still showed it had a batt in it. Now it's back to charging normally....... Hmm....

Back when I used an APV I had a Nitecore 2 bay charger but cannot remember the model number and it performed flawlessly from the day I got it until I no longer had a need for it a few months later.

I have two of the i4 chargers... one is about 6-months old, and the other is a couple of years old... Both are flawless chargers, and my only complaint is that bay-4 on the newest one sometimes has the negative contact "stick". Nothing that a little lube won't fix, though...

I almost bought a D4, but some of the reviews I read said the same thing you've said about intermittent function, and that they try to charge "ghosts". For that reason (and the higher price of the D4), I went with another i4.

I hope your replacement functions perfectly....

I was going to get the I2 at first, but it was only $3 more for the D2 and had the digital display. It's in the mail on it's way back now so I guess I'll find out next week when the replacement gets here. I was able to charge all my batts this morning beforehand though, and have my backup devices so I'm not left hanging at all.