Coil Winding Tools!

• 4 weeks later...

$2.69 each or < $7 for the set... it was a no-brainer to me, too smile.png

Guess what? THEY SUCK! Pay the money and get the real deal on this one. Just picked up the Fasttech clone from a vape shop because I still can't find the real ones anywhere...all sold out.

The finish is terrible, wearing off after 1 wrap. The screws used are regular phillips screws and the heads are not tall enough to carry the wire as you turn the jig. Lastly the main base has a slight divot that causes the first loop to become recessed and the next wind overlaps.

Total junk!

Guess what? THEY SUCK! Pay the money and get the real deal on this one. Just picked up the Fasttech clone from a vape shop because I still can't find the real ones anywhere...all sold out.

The finish is terrible, wearing off after 1 wrap. The screws used are regular phillips screws and the heads are not tall enough to carry the wire as you turn the jig. Lastly the main base has a slight divot that causes the first loop to become recessed and the next wind overlaps.

Total junk!

I ordered this one on 1/18/15 and it still has not left China: http://www.fasttech.com/product/2086802

I was hoping it would work decent. I am not having great luck with the OCC coils on my mini subtank. I want to start using the RTA and I am not good at the tiny coils! I like using 26ga or larger for my RDAs and it is no trouble. I want a 1.5 ohm and up on my RTA so I gotta' use 28 and 30 gauge...

That's what I was trying to wind was 26. This setup will not work as intended.....wait, the set I have looks different than the one in your link.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10012175/2066305-kuro-koiler-wire-coiling-tool

I saw that these came in a kit with 1 handle, and extra heads. I am not really confident it will work any better though! At this rate I am not sure I will ever get them. It has been "packaging" for 2 days.

Actually the one you linked looks more like the original. The screw heads on mine are oval shaped and they won't grab the wire. Your link shows taller screw heads. Also compare the base of mine to yours, mine has an indent and the wire gets bottled up on the first wrap. If you get them they look like they'll work.

Actually the one you linked looks more like the original. The screw heads on mine are oval shaped and they won't grab the wire. Your link shows taller screw heads. Also compare the base of mine to yours, mine has an indent and the wire gets bottled up on the first wrap. If you get them they look like they'll work.

I hope they look like the ones in the picture. It seems that many times (from what others say) what you get may not be exactly like what is in the picture.

Mine left China yesterday, and the description and image doesn't say "style", so they should be the real-deal... but even if they are cloned, they hopefully will work as the original.

I guess I'll find out in about 2-3 weeks. They'll spend a week getting to the states, and the last Fasttech package spent 8 days in customs in Chicago :(

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines