Hello From Indianapolis!

9mmBiscuits

I'm as close to a vapor n00b as you could find, but just recently bought a cheap $35 vaporizer at a local smoke shop. Usually I look into what constitutes a good purchase before spending money on something I want to last a while, but this purchase was more of a "in the moment" decision.

Basically I'm just here to checkout the forum and learn some things about vapor smoking. Thanks for having me.

Nah, we've seen lots of new vapers who are even more of a noob than you. LOL

Here's lesson one: It's vaping, nothing to do with smoking at all. We vape, it's vapor (not smoke). Smoking consists of burning something. We use e-cigarettes that heat the liquid but it doesn't burn it. If it burns, you're doing it wrong and need to turn down the settings. :D

Welcome to Vapor Talk. :)

Welcome to the forum...

What type of rig did you buy?

If you only received one battery, and one tank (clearomizer), that will get you started, but you'll want to invest in a second battery as your next purchase.... so you can have one charging while you use the other :)

I bought a L-Smoke rechargeable 3in1 kit with a few liquid flavors of Valgous 16mg nicotine.

Took it home, read the instructions, let it charge for 5 hours as it recommends... just used it for the first time in the last hour. First puff was harsh and the back of my throat was hurtin. After that I have been doing smaller puffs without my throat hurting anymore.

Through my lurking on this forum I already realize that I should have saved the $ and put it towards a better setup. Live and learn.

Nah, we've seen lots of new vapers who are even more of a noob than you. LOL

Here's lesson one: It's vaping, nothing to do with smoking at all. We vape, it's vapor (not smoke). Smoking consists of burning something. We use e-cigarettes that heat the liquid but it doesn't burn it. If it burns, you're doing it wrong and need to turn down the settings. :D

Welcome to Vapor Talk. :)

Duly noted. :)

This L-Smoke, is it a variable voltage battery? Can you turn it down or is it fixed? Sometimes, when your throat hurts when you take a draw, it could mean that you've got too much heat going into the coil of your tank/clearomizer. It could also mean that the PG ratio in your juice is too high. That sensation in the back of your throat is what we call a "throat hit." More PG = more throat hit. More nicotine = more throat hit. More power going to your coil can also create this sensation.

Do you do a mouth to lung draw? Take the vapor into your mouth first, wait a split second before drawing it into your lungs? That might help to ease the throat hit a bit too. :)

If you're willing, we have a lot of great, friendly members who are willing to help get you on the right set up. Looks like you've got a good start already though. :D

The quick google search I did shows a (multi-use) vaporizer. If this is what you have we can and will only be able to help with traditional e-liquid vapeing. If I'm mistaken, please accept my apologies. Just want to be clear on that.

Edited by fishguy1123

The quick google search I did shows a (multi-use) vaporizer. If this is what you have we can and will only be able to help with traditional e-liquid vapeing. If I'm mistaken, please accept my apologies. Just want to be clear on that.

It is a fixed Voltage battery and a multi-use vaporizer, though I will only be using the liquid.

Tam, the draw in the mouth then inhale does make a big difference! Thanks for that tip.

I guess this purchase was to determine if I'm interested in pursuing vaping more seriously. $35 isn't a huge loss, but I can see myself quickly diving in and starting my own build for a dedicated liquid vaporizer.

Welcome to the forum 9mm. The others can help you with product selection because I feel like I'm still a noob too. Been vaping since July. I started to quit cigs and did successfully and after many different setups I have tried, I am now settled on a Hana Modz and an Aspire Atlantis I bought on Black Friday. I am very happy with this and have now accumulated quite a few shiny things.

So what you need to do is read read read all the forum threads and you will learn so much. Ask lots of questions and someone is always ready to jump in and give you an answer.

Tam, my hubs STILL calls it smoking!

Now, back to TWD.

Enjoy!

Deanna

I've ran into people that have been vaping for years, and they still call it "smoking" :wallbash: I guess for some, decades of calling it "smoking" is a harder habit to break than actual smoking, lol

My favorite, though was a lady I met last fall... she noticed I was vaping and said, "Oh, I see you smoke these batteries too." :crybaby:

I've ran into people that have been vaping for years, and they still call it "smoking" :wallbash: I guess for some, decades of calling it "smoking" is a harder habit to break than actual smoking, lol

My favorite, though was a lady I met last fall... she noticed I was vaping and said, "Oh, I see you smoke these batteries too." :crybaby:

Should have told her that smoking batteries is a favorite past time and gone on to suggest she smoke her car battery sometime... we'll see how she handles that haha Edited by 9mmBiscuits

Just an update on my Vapeing... I found a local shop dedicated to vapeing and picked up a KangerTech Subtank with a Aspire CF Sub ohm and some GQ Caviar juice. Way better than the setup I had before this and completely worth every penny.

20150109_122525_zpspompgxbg.jpg