EVOD Twist II charging time

Hey there! MY hubby is using the Evod Twist II and he's having to charge it multiple times a day. He has it set to the 4.3v (Max is 4.8) setting. Any ideas on why it may be needing to be charged so often?

Also, the light around the button is red when needing a charge, turns white shortly after being on the charger, and just turned off after a while. The little led light on the charger, however stays red and occasionally blinks green.

Thanks!

Edited by Fancythat1

It's not done til the light turns solid green

If he's running it at 4.3v it's going to discharge faster. I don't know what the mah rating is on those batteries but he's likely just using it up or not fully charging it to begin with

Not sure abut the EVOD IIs but my EVOD twist do the same with the lights. It will be blinking when ready to charge and solid white when charging with the charger light blinking from green to red. Once it is full charged, about 5 hours, the charger light goes steady green. Have him clean the battery connection and the charger where the battery connects and see if that helps. They do take about 5-6 hours to fully charge.

^^ This ^^

Higher mAh batteries will take longer to charge. My 1100mAh batteries can take 5-6-hrs, give or take, just for reference.

As for discharge rates.... the coil resistance has a lot to do with it, as well as the Voltage setting. Lower resistance coils (ex. 1.5 Ohm) will run down a battery faster than higher resistance coils (ex. 2.0 Ohm). Higher Voltage setting will discharge the battery faster than using a "nominal" rating of 3.5 or 3.7V.

Running low resistance coils and higher Voltage settings are just more reasons to invest in larger mAh batteries, or at least have several back-ups on hand :D